Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: how to make selecting a different size auto-change the displaying price?

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    Why not use the built-in functions? Set the product to priced by attributes and use the attributes controller to set up the prices.
    https://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index....tes_Controller
    I have used the attributes controller to set up the prices.

where to Set the product to priced by attributes?

Thanks
    focus on the open source for online shoping website.
    my site: best shop 24h.com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: how to make selecting a different size auto-change the displaying price?

edit the actual product and set it to Priced By Attributes

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by win8win View Post
    could you be kind and tell me the specific places are the few things? thanks
    Perhaps I should have said there may be a few things to verify, instead of have to do a few things. I'm assuming that since the page code has been reviewed that the page already passes an html validation. If it doesn't then it is possible that the javascript won't operate properly (throw an error). Another thing is to review other javascript applied to the page and see if there are conflicts in the order of loading. But, based on comment already provided about the div tags and the fact that the plugin looks like it offers options in the configuration menu, perhaps need to just update the settings to reference the div tags used in your template rather than the ones used in a default template.

As to the use of priced by attribute, the display of the price will be "improved" but it will not auto adjust based on each change of the dropdown. It is still a good idea to use that option in case someone visits the site and doesn't allow javascript to be run so that at least the pricing will look as desired/expected it just wouldn't auto-update unless they enabled javascript.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    edit the actual product and set it to Priced By Attributes
    thanks,yes.on backend ,edit the product and there will be a selection for Priced By Attributes.
    but if change to another Attribute,the price stilll won't auto-change.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Perhaps I should have said there may be a few things to verify, instead of have to do a few things. I'm assuming that since the page code has been reviewed that the page already passes an html validation. If it doesn't then it is possible that the javascript won't operate properly (throw an error). Another thing is to review other javascript applied to the page and see if there are conflicts in the order of loading. But, based on comment already provided about the div tags and the fact that the plugin looks like it offers options in the configuration menu, perhaps need to just update the settings to reference the div tags used in your template rather than the ones used in a default template.

As to the use of priced by attribute, the display of the price will be "improved" but it will not auto adjust based on each change of the dropdown. It is still a good idea to use that option in case someone visits the site and doesn't allow javascript to be run so that at least the pricing will look as desired/expected it just wouldn't auto-update unless they enabled javascript.

thanks ,I solved the problem.
    it is simple,it is because of the template I bought is not good enough,it deleted the default code.

what i did is to add the default code back for display price.

includes/templates/yourtemplate/templates/tpl_product_info_display.php

<!--bof Product Price block -->
    <div class="product_price">

change to
    <!--bof Product Price block -->
    <div id="productPrices" class="product_price">

Plugin Contributions

That's great!

Might want to look into other aspects of the purchased template to see what other default ZC features have been disabled and correct them or ask the supplier to correct them. If they advertised that the template was ZC compatible/ready, then they missed the mark...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12