Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Making Telephone number a compulsory field

Quote Originally Posted by ttfan View Post
    I've tested it myself, and it does not let you submit the page without entering characters in the phone field. Davewest must be right, they must be entering spaces, because the field is blank for some customers...the file must be removing these spaces before saving to the database because there are no spaces in the customer field when I check it.
    Didn't answer the question previously asked regarding PayPal.

Also, while jquery, javascript, etc. Are good tools to give a good user experience, they can effectively be disabled. A check of the content of the submitted data would be necessary to further ensure at least some value was entered.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Does your store accept payment via PayPal Express Checkout? If so, have the accounts that were created without phone numbers resulting from an express-checkout customer?
    I conpletely missed your comment.... yes you are absolutely right. I know now PayPal Express Checkout is what's causing the accounts without a phone numbers... not sure how to fix it though. Has anyone found a fix for this?

Plugin Contributions

I guess not?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ttfan View Post
    I guess not?
    Because of a similar issue I deleted the 'checkout with PayPal' buttons on both the shopping cart page and checkout page which forces the customer use just the checkout button and then to either register an account or use guest checkout (with OPC - One Page Checkout - plugin installed) - guest checkout requires phone number as 'required' before guest is able to proceed - then they can elect to use PayPal as a payment method on the next page of the process. OPC does NOT register the customer as a 'customer' which may be a drawback for some for future marketing however this 'solution' would give the couriers the phone number they need.

Now thinking about it, it may be possible to link the checkout with PayPal button(s) to the Guest Checkout page (with OPC installed) - the customer then knows they are on track to use PayPal ??

Thoughts??

cheers,
    Mike

Plugin Contributions

I'm still having the same issue where changing the minimum value doesn't actually affect the form. I keep getting orders submitted without phone numbers but DHL requires a phone number. Is there not a simple solution for this?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by clam_man View Post
    I'm still having the same issue where changing the minimum value doesn't actually affect the form. I keep getting orders submitted without phone numbers but DHL requires a phone number. Is there not a simple solution for this?
    What payment method(s) are in use?

Plugin Contributions

I have seen other online store operators ask similar questions. The problem is, DHL my require a phone number but that does not stop your customer from entering gibberish or just a fake number. To me, that result is worse that no phone number at all. Suggestions on some other shipping sites are if a customer does not list a phone number for a shipment, you enter your number instead. At least if something goes wrong, you can rest assured that DHL has someone that they can contact.

Plugin Contributions

We use authorize.net for credit cards and PayPal. The use of our number instead might work but I need to look into what negative effects that might cause with DHL.

Plugin Contributions

We use authorize.net for credit cards and PayPal. The use of our number instead might work but I need to look into what negative effects that might cause with DHL.
    Are the missing telephone numbers associated with one, the other or both payment methods?

Plugin Contributions

Not sure if the OP resolved this, but we have similar issues, and ultimately, if a customer will not / cannot provide a valid phone number, there's nothing one can do about it. SO... in cases where DHL is the shipping, and we need a tel number, we put in OUR OWN telephone number... At least in that way, WE are advised by DHL of tracking and delivery, and (if necessary) can email the customer with details.
    In many cases, people hate being spammed with text messages - and that's why they don't provide a number.
    So what if DHL sends a text saying "your delivery is on it's way!"... I mean... that's what they DO isn't it? - deliver stuff...
    If a customer DOES NOT get his stuff, you'll know (as DHL is communicating with YOU) and you can be sure the customer will call if they don't get the goods.
    It's a non-issue in the real world...
    20 years a Zencart User

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast