Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: paypal timeout on check out

Quote Originally Posted by jsteggy View Post
    Paypal is working again - on its own - as of yesterday. I didn't change any settings, it just started working. at least I can't think of what I may have done to have it start working again.
    99% likely that it was an issue with your hosting company. Probably nothing to do with you at all.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jsteggy View Post
    M123456789, Carlwhat, DrByte.
    Thank you for helping. Paypal is working again - on its own - as of yesterday. I didn't change any settings, it just started working. at least I can't think of what I may have done to have it start working again. I am working on upgrading to 1.5.5a.

so frustrating....but am happy that it is working and hoping it will stay working.
    i think it would behoove you to get the extras/curltester.php working now that everything is properly functioning again. it is a good tool, that removes the ZC config from the transaction. the next time it happens, you can isolate whether it is the hosting or ZC.

best.
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by carlwhat View Post
    i think it would behoove you to get the extras/curltester.php working now that everything is properly functioning again. it is a good tool, that removes the ZC config from the transaction. the next time it happens, you can isolate whether it is the hosting or ZC.

best.
    Would be cautious though to an extent. Its been a while since I've meddled with or looked at the .htaccess in that folder; however, some of the settings are to prevent others from accessing it and possibly gaining information about the site. The install instructions on security:
    1. Remove extra folders from your server after install

It's important that after you've installed your site and are satisfied that it's working properly, including actually doing live transactions to test ALL the payment and shipping modules you're using on your site, be sure to do some cleanup:

REMOVE THE FOLLOWING FOLDERS (and all the files inside them), TO MINIMIZE SECURITY RISKS:
    - /docs
    - /extras
    - /zc_install
    - /install.txt (this file can be removed, too)
    So yes, understanding what is necessary to get them to work is suggested; however, that folder (and its contents) should be removed from the online server (after a backup is made available).
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

I had the same problem with two of my clients that use Paypal. Using Zencart 1.5.4. They were both on a shared server using the same IP address. Had my host do a traceroute, and it timed out for a while, then it worked for about a day or two, then it timed out again always on Paypals end. The host tried a different IP address and it went through every time. It looked like Paypal had a firewall block on the IP address. Got nowhere with Paypal, I don't think support knows how to lift a firewall block. One client gave up and switched payment processors. The other likes Paypal, so, I had my host move the site to a different IP address. Hopefully that will resolve the problem. If not, we will be switching that account to Stripe.

Here is the results of the failed traceroute, 1 through 6 were fine. It failed at the same place every time:

7 ash-b1-link.telia.net (62.115.58.253) 6.784 ms 6.744 ms 6.524 ms
    8 defensenet-ic-302032-ash-b2.c.telia.net (62.115.32.2) 6.565 ms 6.501 ms
    6.732 ms
    9 107.162.0.123 (107.162.0.123) 6.593 ms 6.605 ms 6.562 ms
    10 * * *
    11 * * *
    12 * * *
    13 * * *

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bluetooth View Post
    I had the same problem with two of my clients that use Paypal. Using Zencart 1.5.4. They were both on a shared server using the same IP address. Had my host do a traceroute, and it timed out for a while, then it worked for about a day or two, then it timed out again always on Paypals end. The host tried a different IP address and it went through every time. It looked like Paypal had a firewall block on the IP address. Got nowhere with Paypal, I don't think support knows how to lift a firewall block. One client gave up and switched payment processors. The other likes Paypal, so, I had my host move the site to a different IP address. Hopefully that will resolve the problem. If not, we will be switching that account to Stripe.

Here is the results of the failed traceroute, 1 through 6 were fine. It failed at the same place every time:

7 ash-b1-link.telia.net (62.115.58.253) 6.784 ms 6.744 ms 6.524 ms
    8 defensenet-ic-302032-ash-b2.c.telia.net (62.115.32.2) 6.565 ms 6.501 ms
    6.732 ms
    9 107.162.0.123 (107.162.0.123) 6.593 ms 6.605 ms 6.562 ms
    10 * * *
    11 * * *
    12 * * *
    13 * * *
    Definitely an issue between your host and PayPal. Not something you'll have any ability to sort out yourself.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12