Plugin Contributions

Default New Temporary Password Not Received

Due to health problems, I haven't accessed the Admin area of my website for several months. In the meantime, I've apparently forgotten my old password but have to have it to create a new password. I clicked Forgot Password, was asked for my email address, gave it, received message that email was sent, but nothing has been received. I checked the email address to make sure it was entered correctly, which it was.

When I was entering what I was sure was my old password and creating a new one, I kept receiving a message telling me that the password had to have certain criteria. I checked to make sure and had all met all criteria, but kept getting that message instead of one telling me my old password was incorrect. So I don't actually know that my old password is incorrect, I only see that the message I'm getting back only refers to the new password I'm trying to create. Can you help me? Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: New Temporary Password Not Received

So, if you were presented with the screen for old and new passwords, in a default ZC install as obtained from this site (not necessarily a one-click install), then this represents that the old or temporary password was good/successful. Whatever password was used to get to this screen is the same password that should be used for the old password. The new password should be different than the previous four passwords used and should meet the minimum criteria.

If this still fails such that unable to return to that screen, then would suggest using the "forgotten password" sql explained here: http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?44
    Then once logged in, delete that user profile that is giving a problem and recreate it.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...