Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: add to cart - doubles!

The other suggestion that comes to mind is to temporarily use an alternate template in which you could apply the SBA specific template files. As in if you copied the classic template override folders to another/new folder name then installed the SBA template files to that folder group. That way the default ZC files would be called upon where SBA doesn't modify anything and anything related to the other template shouldn't interfere.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    I'm not familiar with flexible returns authorisation, but I am not able to reproduce this issue unless there is something else at play. My first suggestion would be to temporarily rename the stock_by_attributes.php file by adding .old to the end of the filename, then attempt to add a product to the cart where this issue has been occurring.

The only way that in development this occurred was if the attributes got stripped from the product before going to the extra_cart_actions.

What about in includes/modules/pages/shopping_cart, what files are there?
    in the pages/shopping_cart i have header_php.php and jscript_main.php

renaming the sba file in extra cart actions has solved the problem regarding adding 2 items to the basket...
    i may not know how yet, but i soon will....i hope :)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by spid3r1987 View Post
    in the pages/shopping_cart i have header_php.php and jscript_main.php

renaming the sba file in extra cart actions has solved the problem regarding adding 2 items to the basket...
    Good on the includes/modules/pages/shopping_cart folder.

Do you have a download date for the sba package installed? Wondering if at one point I had a bad version of the extra_cart_actions file uploaded. Another thing that may help identify if the template includes something else that could interfere is if the Web page could be identified with a product that was seen as being added twice.

Next would be to attempt a download of the latest version of SBA. There have been some modifications recently pushed to support file upload. I ran the version posted through some tests against a default ZC store (using the responsive template) and did not experience the described issue(s).

Did the attributes themselves appear in the cart?

Plugin Contributions

Good on the includes/modules/pages/shopping_cart folder.

Do you have a download date for the sba package installed? Wondering if at one point I had a bad version of the extra_cart_actions file uploaded. Another thing that may help identify if the template includes something else that could interfere is if the Web page could be identified with a product that was seen as being added twice.

Next would be to attempt a download of the latest version of SBA. There have been some modifications recently pushed to support file upload. I ran the version posted through some tests against a default ZC store (using the responsive template) and did not experience the described issue(s).

Did the attributes themselves appear in the cart?
    the product appears, but it doesn't show the attributes of the product...
    the SBA file i have is "SBA-combined-master.zip" downloaded on the 13/6/16.

Plugin Contributions

the product appears, but it doesn't show the attributes of the product...
    the SBA file i have is "SBA-combined-master.zip" downloaded on the 13/6/16.
    Okay, that indicates that were and are using the latest.

Could you PM me the site or is this offline/development?

Based on that information the attributes provided on the product page are not properly formatted to be processed when selecting submit. Formatting is provided first through includes/modules/YOUR_TEMPLATE/attributes.php (which is a slightly modified version of the ZC 1.5.5 version of the core overrideable file). Then the template file: includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates/tpl_modules_attributes.php. If using dynamic dropdowns for the product (two or more dropdown attributes) then DD basically does all the formatting. If the product has one attribute, then with a default install attribute selection of SBA tracked product is or can be by a different type/style and is at the moment dependent on proper merging of the code (substituting $I for $i in most places). Might be beneficial to post the code of that file (tpl_modules_attributes.php) as it is in your template directory. Now, some templates redirect such actions to use some other process which I couldn't advise on without at least having access to the front end of the store.

Plugin Contributions

Okay... I have had an opportunity to evaluate the source of the affected page and determined what the issue is.

Dynamic Dropdowns has been incorporated into the general SBA code, but... It has not been fully modified to support all options that are/were originally provided by the Dynamic Dropdown code. The addition of DD was made after potteryhouse and jeking had developed an option similar to pad_multiple_dropdowns which offers display of stock quantity associated with product having a single attribute. The option added by potteryhouse/jeking is made available in the catalog menu->option names manager section after installation of SBA and is titled SBA Select List (Dropdown) Basic.

So, the rework that has been done for Dynamic Dropdowns has been to support multiple attributes (pad_sba_sequenced_dropdowns) and to use pad_single_dropdown (shows each combination of attributes in a single selection to take the "guess work" out of whether a "combination" is available.

Anyways, I should have asked what the settings were for Dynamic Dropdowns as that would have revealed this issue. Dynamic Dropdowns primary support multiple attributes "only" by using the pad_sba_sequenced_dropdowns and to ignore product that have a single dropdown (default install), then when using the option names manager selection of SBA Select List (Dropdown) Basic for attributes that are to be used on product to show the stock status and will "function" when assigned to a product as the only dropdown for that product.

Therefore, recommendation is to
    1) restore the stock_by_attributes.php file in the includes/extra_cart_actions folder and
    2) then to goto catalog->Options Names Manager find the option name Size (should have an ID of 1) and
    3) change from a dropdown to the SBA Select List (Dropdown) Basic option,
    4) then to goto configuration->Dynamic Dropdowns, and
    5) change the setting Enable Dynamic Dropdowns to the value of 2-On for Multi-Attribute Only.... This should resolve the issue on this site.

I'll have to figure out how documentation can better explain/clarify this including additional note in the settings page. Dynamic Dropdowns is in a way considered something of a temporary fix, but there it is/has been very powerful and was excellent code even with it being so old.

Plugin Contributions

As a sort of side note, during discussion of the situation it was identified that the stock for other product was not being populated until the issues discussed above were addressed. I believe that by following the above instruction that the problem will be resolved. So to offer a method of quick population of the stock, may I suggest that once the variants have been populated (possibly all with a stock level of 0) then if you use Easy Populate v4, you can take inventory of each item and then upload and import the information with little to no additional effort.

Plugin Contributions

Just thought of something else that I should have included two posts ago. The way I was able to determine the condition and settings and what those settings were was by review of the source code on the page, by the described system response, and review of the Dynamic Dropdown class files.

The results of the review were that the select option id for the displayed Dropdown did not include id[x] related information but instead select-attrcomb. Searching the code for attrcomb I found that usage to be in the single select related class files (dropdown and radio). The fact that the page was displaying a single attribute, using a dropdown, and had that information in the source code indicates that the dynamic dropdown settings had been altered from the original install settings of being active only for multiple attributes (2). Per the original instructions of dynamic dropdowns (still available for download with the files from that package used and applicably altered, the single dropdown option was considered to not be appropriate to use for single attribute product. Instead the suggestion was to use the multiple dropdown option for single attributes.

That said, there are a few things to consider. 1) potteryhouse/jeking had come up with an alternative option name type that provided javascript/html modifications to the dropdown to successfully display out-of-stock related product. 2) because of their work, no or little further development has been made by me to offer the same functionality using the DD code where there were other factors/features needed for standard operation. 3) DD has been around for a long time and other developers have likely made their own functional version(s) of the applicable files therefore I have tried to minimize any modification(s) of those files and where instruction is provided (such as this post) advised of the recommended settings or in the case of the default install pushed the functional settings to the database. 4) when developing a new or improved version of DD options added those options to the selection list instead of modifying the existing options (see 3 above).

Again, yes improved instruction (or any at all) is needed to be included with the package. There exists instruction at https://github.com/potteryhouse that is forked to my storage area but needs to be updated. There also is assistance offered throughout and as discussed in the forum thread for Stock by Attributes v4 for older ZC 1.3.5-1.3.9 (title is a little misleading, but it is the right place). The package is approaching maturity to distribute for use on an operational level so I would expect it to be postable in the "near" future once the instruction is updated.

Hope this helps someone that has come across this thread. Mind you as discussed in the first couple of posts the cause was not blatantly obvious but now that the majority of information requested in the posting tips has been addressed, the solution is clear. Thanks for your time! :)

Plugin Contributions

Okay... I have had an opportunity to evaluate the source of the affected page and determined what the issue is.

Dynamic Dropdowns has been incorporated into the general SBA code, but... It has not been fully modified to support all options that are/were originally provided by the Dynamic Dropdown code. The addition of DD was made after potteryhouse and jeking had developed an option similar to pad_multiple_dropdowns which offers display of stock quantity associated with product having a single attribute. The option added by potteryhouse/jeking is made available in the catalog menu->option names manager section after installation of SBA and is titled SBA Select List (Dropdown) Basic.

So, the rework that has been done for Dynamic Dropdowns has been to support multiple attributes (pad_sba_sequenced_dropdowns) and to use pad_single_dropdown (shows each combination of attributes in a single selection to take the "guess work" out of whether a "combination" is available.

Anyways, I should have asked what the settings were for Dynamic Dropdowns as that would have revealed this issue. Dynamic Dropdowns primary support multiple attributes "only" by using the pad_sba_sequenced_dropdowns and to ignore product that have a single dropdown (default install), then when using the option names manager selection of SBA Select List (Dropdown) Basic for attributes that are to be used on product to show the stock status and will "function" when assigned to a product as the only dropdown for that product.

Therefore, recommendation is to
    1) restore the stock_by_attributes.php file in the includes/extra_cart_actions folder and
    2) then to goto catalog->Options Names Manager find the option name Size (should have an ID of 1) and
    3) change from a dropdown to the SBA Select List (Dropdown) Basic option,
    4) then to goto configuration->Dynamic Dropdowns, and
    5) change the setting Enable Dynamic Dropdowns to the value of 2-On for Multi-Attribute Only.... This should resolve the issue on this site.

I'll have to figure out how documentation can better explain/clarify this including additional note in the settings page. Dynamic Dropdowns is in a way considered something of a temporary fix, but there it is/has been very powerful and was excellent code even with it being so old.
    I have just gone to do the above solution.
    however when i goto the Options Names Manager, i select the option called Size, click edit and goto change from "dropdown" to "SBA select list (dropdown)"
    i dont appear to have the option for SBA dropdown :/

Plugin Contributions

I have just gone to do the above solution.
    however when i goto the Options Names Manager, i select the option called Size, click edit and goto change from "dropdown" to "SBA select list (dropdown)"
    i dont appear to have the option for SBA dropdown :/
    never mind,
    just reinstalled the sba part and the dropdown now appears on the option names manager

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast