Plugin Contributions

Default Template question

Hello All,

I'm doing a fresh install using 1.55a. (can't ever figure out how to upgrade without causing major issues....so I just go through the pain of a fresh install with every new version.... )

Anyhow.... When I did the read on the new version I found the paragraph below about templates and I am confused...here's the paragraph I refer to:

"The template_default files previously had a lot of old <table> markup to specify widths, cell borders and padding and spacing. These have been removed in v1.5.5 and relevant styles added to the bottom of the main stylesheet.css file. You will want to add the updated CSS parts to your own stylesheet if your custom template still uses those tables."

I use an old modified template that is themed to match my store.....and so I know it's very likely using the old table methodology.... But I have no clue what was moved out of the template_default files regarding tables with the introduction of v1.55a....so I don't know what to move from my modified template to the stylesheet.css file....

Is there any documentation or a thread someplace to help identify what I need to do? I don't want to blow up a fresh installation by stumbling about blindly.....

Thanks for any help/direction offered.....
    Last edited by Music Man; 15 Jun 2016 at 07:40 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Template question

You would need to compare any "old modified template" files with the new ones. You may find that there are not that many. There are several free versions of compare software.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    You would need to compare any "old modified template" files with the new ones. You may find that there are not that many. There are several free versions of compare software.
    Thanks for the response....

I might have misspoken a bit..... Actually I didn't modify any original ZC template files...I put the themed template at /public_html/includes/templates/my-template and changed from the default to this new template.... So I don't think I can compare so easily as I could if I was comparing a modified original.....since my new template won't match the one in 1.5.5...... Hope that made sense.... I'm struggling here.... I know just enough to be dangerous....

Plugin Contributions

Old site = A
    New site = B
    compare any files you created in A with the new ones in B. Add/replace code from B into A as needed. Replace new B with modified A

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    Old site = A
    New site = B
    compare any files you created in A with the new ones in B. Add/replace code from B into A as needed. Replace new B with modified A
    Thanks again for the clarification.... You make it sound easy.... My problem is that the devil is in the details of HOW....and when you don't speak "code"....well you don't know what you don't know. I can drop pieces/files into folders and such but actually changing or modifying lines of code is not in my wheel house...

I do appreciate your trying to help.....but this might be a lost cause....