Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Clone a Template [Support Thread]

Thanks again for your detailed explanation.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Clone a Template [Support Thread] Responsive Classic Not displayed in Source Temp

Responsive Classic Template is not displayed as an option in the "Source Template" drop-down box, even though the Responsive Classic Template is installed and working AND Responsive Classic Template is displayed as an option in admin>Tools>Template Selection>Edit>Template Name.
    Any suggestions?

zen cart v155a
    installed Clone a Template from github
    https://github.com/lat9/clone_templa...898c9663ccf8a1

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Clone a Template [Support Thread] Responsive Classic Not displayed in Source Temp

Problem fixed. Not sure how since I tried several things. However, it seems that clicking on admin>Tools>Layout Boxes Controller somehow did the trick.
    lat9, Thanks so much for this handy tool!

Quote Originally Posted by Zean View Post
    Responsive Classic Template is not displayed as an option in the "Source Template" drop-down box, even though the Responsive Classic Template is installed and working AND Responsive Classic Template is displayed as an option in admin>Tools>Template Selection>Edit>Template Name.
    Any suggestions?

zen cart v155a
    installed Clone a Template from github
    https://github.com/lat9/clone_templa...898c9663ccf8a1

Plugin Contributions

@Zean, did you upgrade your store to v1.5.5 or do an install of 1.5.5? A template "qualifies" for display if it's, as you found, got entries in the layout_boxes table and it's not the template_default (you'd clone classic instead) template.

My guess is that you upgraded from an earlier version of Zen Cart, since the ZC 1.5.5 upgrade SQL, for some reason, doesn't set the layout_boxes configuration for the responsive_classic into the database.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    @Zean, did you upgrade your store to v1.5.5 or do an install of 1.5.5? A template "qualifies" for display if it's, as you found, got entries in the layout_boxes table and it's not the template_default (you'd clone classic instead) template.

My guess is that you upgraded from an earlier version of Zen Cart, since the ZC 1.5.5 upgrade SQL, for some reason, doesn't set the layout_boxes configuration for the responsive_classic into the database.
    Yes, you are a good guesser! This installation was on a Zen Cart that has been repeatedly upgraded since the beginning of time.
    lat9, thank you so much for this fabulous add-on which is now an essential part of my tool box.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks back at you, Zean, for your kind words. Here's the link to my posting on those missing layout-boxes entries, just in case others run into that issue.

Plugin Contributions

I've just submitted v1.2.0 to the plugins for review. This version of the tool removes an unwanted <td> in the form and adds the capability to remove an add-on or cloned template's files and layout-box-controllers settings.

Plugin Contributions

I've just submitted v1.2.0 to the plugins for review. This version of the tool removes an unwanted <td> in the form and adds the capability to remove an add-on or cloned template's files and layout-box-controllers settings.
    v1.2.0 is now available for download: https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2087

Brampton, Cumbria, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Plugin Contributions

v1.2.0 is now available for download: https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2087
    So that I can get this straight in my head; this makes a copy of the template being used and any plugins that have been added to that template?

andy

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by adb34 View Post
    So that I can get this straight in my head; this makes a copy of the template being used and any plugins that have been added to that template?

andy
    Clone a Template copies all files in the chosen template's template-override directories to a new template's override-directories, essentially making a copy of the template-specific files so that you either have a backup or a new working copy. The plugin also copies the "layout settings", i.e. the sideboxes that are enabled for the template.

The plugin has no knowledge of any other plugins that the selected template might have added, but any plugins included in the template's override-directories are also copied. It makes use of a template's override-directories (as documented by the Overrides Cheatsheet) in determining which files to copy.

Did that help?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast