Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Brampton, Cumbria, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Clone a Template [Support Thread] Responsive Classic Not displayed in Source Temp

Oh yes. Save a lot of work
    Learning Fast.
    Eden Craft Supplies

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Clone a Template [Support Thread] Responsive Classic Not displayed in Source Temp

I have run the plugin. I thought that when you run this, it would put the clone template in one place. Silly me.
    Learning Fast.
    Eden Craft Supplies

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by adb34 View Post
    I have run the plugin. I thought that when you run this, it would put the clone template in one place. Silly me.
    I don't understand. What one place did you expect the clone template to be put?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    I don't understand. What one place did you expect the clone template to be put?
    Really, I do not know. I will sort out what I am going to do with the clone template
    Learning Fast.
    Eden Craft Supplies

Plugin Contributions

Hello Cindy,

I'm still running 1.5.1 on my 6 sites (all using responsive_all_business (RAB) by Anne @ Picaflour) however I am about to upgrade at least one site to 1.5.5e and try to come up with an acceptable 'look'. So once I have a suitable look can I use this plugin to clone the resultant template/layout and then use that clone on my other sites making minor adjustments (mainly color)? That 'clone' to transfer to other sites would really need to be a copy of the complete set of all the files associated with the template as there is not a plugin that IS the installed template right? (like RAB and other ready made drop-in templates). So my query may be superfluous right

I assume this plugin doesn't have a magic wand such that if I was to clone my 1.5.1 RAB template that it would magically make that clone adapt to 1.5.5e?

cheers, Mike

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by shags38 View Post
    Hello Cindy,

I'm still running 1.5.1 on my 6 sites (all using responsive_all_business (RAB) by Anne @ Picaflour) however I am about to upgrade at least one site to 1.5.5e and try to come up with an acceptable 'look'. So once I have a suitable look can I use this plugin to clone the resultant template/layout and then use that clone on my other sites making minor adjustments (mainly color)? That 'clone' to transfer to other sites would really need to be a copy of the complete set of all the files associated with the template as there is not a plugin that IS the installed template right? (like RAB and other ready made drop-in templates). So my query may be superfluous right

I assume this plugin doesn't have a magic wand such that if I was to clone my 1.5.1 RAB template that it would magically make that clone adapt to 1.5.5e?

cheers, Mike
    Hey, Mike. You can "clone" RAB's template-override files (i.e. the files that get dropped into the various responsive_all_business directories), but Clone a Template has no clues as to what core-files (if any) RAB has modified. There's also no magic bullet to make any changes necessary going from a 1.5.1 template to a 1.5.5e one.

My suggestion: Clone what you've got as RAB and use the report that is generated (it's in your store's /logs directory) to have a list of all the template-override files. Copy those files to a fresh 1.5.5e installation and go from there to bring any files up to their 1.5.5e level.

Plugin Contributions

I know that I am not the sharpest tool in the shed but installing/using Clone a Template looked to be pretty straight forward. Next step for me is to perform the install on a different server, different hosting account.

After 'cloning' the classic responsive, the cloned files appear to have their own folder but the only template available for selection is the responsive classic.

Admin: Tools: Clone-A-Template:
    source classic responsive
    Target: CLONE
    Target Template Display Name: CLONE
    Click: GO

Actually the only template available for selection after a vanilla install is responsive classic. Classic green is not an available choice. All are available for "Preview"

PHP 5.6.31
    MySQL 5.5.5-10.1.28-MariaDB
    No addons other than clone template 1.2.0
    No edits to the vanilla install
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Which Zen Cart version? Please walk me through your installation and cloning procedure.

Plugin Contributions

Sorry, I typed that and the forum started acting funny and I forgot that I had to start typing again

155e
    Download zip from sourceforge
    Upload to server subfolder named 155e
    Extract on server
    Create new database
    Perform vanilla zencart install with demo data
    Verify admin and public functionality. No edits or settings customizations or changes from default install.
    Only template available for selection is classic responsive (classic green not available as selection)
    FTP clone a template fileset after renaming admin folder in the plugin fileset using winscp
    Then perform the steps in the previous post.
    I can see cloned template folder/files on the server but no database entry is made in the template table (if that is the proper terminology)

Repeat 3 times with same results.
    Last edited by RixStix; 27 Oct 2017 at 11:39 PM.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, Rick. I'll give this a look tomorrow.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast