Plugin Contributions

Default USPS says "Nothing has been selected for Quotes"

I've copied the files and set up the USPS shipping method, and answered all the configuration questions. I've tried every one of the four Quotes options. It still says nothing has been selected for quotes. Am I just not understanding what is wanted here? It seems fairly obvious, but nothing I do makes any difference.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: USPS says "Nothing has been selected for Quotes"

Edit the USPS shipping module ...

At the bottom, turn on the Debug for Logging ...

Try a shipping quote ... then look in the directory /logs and Zip the Shipping log that is created and add it to your next post ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I turned on Logging, but I'm not sure what you mean by trying a shipping quote. I've checked each of the quotes options in turn, Unsorted, Alphabetical, Price-LowtoHigh and Price-HighToLow. It doesn't matter which one I pick, I still get the message that nothing has been selected for quotes.

Plugin Contributions

Just go to the Checkout Shipping page ...

Whether or not a quote is made, it will generate a shipping log that you will find in the /logs directory ...

Zip that log and attach it to your post ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I see two places where shipping is mentioned, under Configuration and under Modules. Nothing in either of those says 'Checkout Shipping.' Is there another place that I'm just not seeing? I've looked carefully in all the other top-level menu items.

Plugin Contributions

First in your Admin ... go to the Modules ... Shipping ... and edit the USPS shipping module and at the bottom set the Debug to Logging ...

Next, in the Catalog (store) login as your Test Customer and add something to the shopping cart then go to Checkout so you are on the checkout_shipping page ...

You should see the shipping module(s) there ... now, look in your directory on the server /logs and you will see Shipping Logs that start with:
    SHIP_usps_Debug

Download the logs to your computer and Zip them and attach them to your next post ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

I don't even have any products entered yet. I didn't see any point in copying over all my products until the setup was completed. Let me do a couple of product entries and I'll try a test purchase.

Plugin Contributions

I tried entering a product and trying to ship it, and got the good old Rate4Request error message. I've seen that before in the software I'm using now. Went back and checked to make sure at least one shipping method was checked, nope, not even one. Checked all the domestic methods and the 'no quote selected' message went away. Thanks for your help.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the update that this is working for you ...
    Linda McGrath