Plugin Contributions

Default Authorize.net is warning...

Hi. Authorize.net is requiring an update to their info in Zen by end of June 2016 to keep accepting payments... I'm having trouble finding this information on here, can someone point me in the right direction?

thank you

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Authorize.net is warning...

Your post is very vague about "what" you think they're "requiring" you to do.

Two possibilities:

a) SHA-256 - if that's what you're referring to, then work with your hosting company. It's got nothing to do with Zen Cart.

b) Akamai - If you're referring to their "Akamai" initiative, No, they're NOT forcing you to change anything to "keep accepting payments".
    Their Akamai transition doesn't "require" you to make a change, but if you want to benefit from some of the improved speed it offers, you can make a tiny change to the PHP code, as shown here: https://github.com/zencart/zencart/c...dc1aa72681a6df

NOTE: I posted about this a year ago so everyone could have a head-start: Authorize.net Networking Change Summer 2015

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

They told me that without the change, accepting payments would no longer be possible and that I needed to talk to my "shopping cart vendor." Now, phone support is often wrong but this is what Authorize.net told me. Then, two days ago, I got this in the mail: JUNE 30TH MIGRATION TO AKAMAI IS NOW VOLUNTARY, BUT REMAINS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. So, they were requiring it then backed off.

As communicated over the past nine months, Akamai SureRoute technology has been introduced into our network environment as a new connection option. This technology automatically routes your transaction requests around issues that may occur on the Internet, thus helping to ensure your transactions are received by Authorize.Net, quickly, securely and reliably. Many Authorize.Net customers have already adopted this connection option and are taking advantage of the benefits offered by Akamai SureRoute technology. If you are not yet connecting to Authorize.Net via Akamai, we encourage you to do so.

WHILE WE CONTINUE TO ENCOURAGE ALL CUSTOMERS TO USE AKAMAI SUREROUTE, THE MIGRATION IS NO LONGER MANDATORY BY JUNE 30, 2016.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Yup. I got the same email.

My post above remains accurate.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.