Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Support Thread - Responsive Color Changes for 155

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    Technically, that would be Enter, Enter.
    You are, of course, correct ... smarty-pants!

Plugin Contributions

All that and you didn't touch on simple gradients with transparency..
    Code:
    background: -moz-linear-gradient(top,  rgba(235,132,159,0.52) 0%, rgba(164,0,0,0.99) 67%, rgba(164,0,0,1) 68%); 
    background: -webkit-linear-gradient(top,  rgba(235,132,159,0.52) 0%,rgba(164,0,0,0.99) 67%,rgba(164,0,0,1) 68%); 
    background: linear-gradient(to bottom,  rgba(235,132,159,0.52) 0%,rgba(164,0,0,0.99) 67%,rgba(164,0,0,1) 68%);
    Which work excellent with CSS Buttons... without using transparency.
    Dave
    Always forward thinking... Lost my mind!

Plugin Contributions

I don't want to get into the tomato - tomatoe thing here, but.... Transparency is attributed to images which cannot use the rgba. Opacity IS the reason for the Alpha call (the a in rgba). Your example is technically using opacity. And, yes it is used not only in straight colors but gradients, hovers, and other fun things. I was trying to keep it short of War and Peace.

(Note spacing /\ /\ /\ ) Without writing another book, a very good explanation/tutorial can be found at http://tinyurl.com/y929h5f6. I love the hover part even if it does probably muddy things by using "translucent." Knowledge is power.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for this plugin. I am still hoping it will be helpful, however, just like a previous poster, I am unclear how to identify what part of what file controls what. I uploaded the "default" stylesheet files and see that blue themed color. In fact, it is kind of close to my original site color so I kind of like them but I would still like to do some tweaking but I am really unsure where. (I have to admit that I am allergic to css ;) )

Could you please direct me? In the past, I have done a ton of trial and error, trying to search for a particular hex color in a css file (I think, but it was so long). The more I understand where what information is, the better I will be to do some tweaking.

Thank you again.

Plugin Contributions

I posted a long version earlier but I guess Harvey blew it away.

For firefox browser -- https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/..._the_Inspector

For Chrome browser -- http://anti-code.com/devtools-cheatsheet/

I don't recommend using in other browser in windows. They're just not true to the look.

NOTE: Please consider unloading your double-barrel shotgun. It is not helping you. Most problems in any installation are cured by taking a direct shot at the problem. A sniper is more effective at eliminating a problem and they never use a shotgun. That means working that problem, and only that problem till the problem is solved. Then, and only then, should you move on to the next item. Respectfully, you are so into shooting the flies with a shotgun that you are not taking the time to read everything that comes with a mod and, occasionally, missing an important step in a forum response. There are many things under the "cellophane wrap" that needs to be understood. Different mod developers use different methods to present their instructions. Stop and smell the roses.

Like Hurricane Harvey headed our way, categories in storms are not simple mathematical progressions but logarithmic progressions. Growing from category 1 to 2 does not mean that the storm is twice as bad. Actually, it's much worse. Most storms are never 1 + 1 equals 2. Likewise, adding mods with problems to your cart is not mathematical but exactly like a tornado, earthquake, or hurricane. If you have a problem and, yet, continue to install other mods and try solutions other than what is provided, your problems will only fester to a point of frustration. The point where you will at best need to start over or, at worst, give up. Fertilizer is good for the roses but, too much will kill them.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    I posted a long version earlier but I guess Harvey blew it away.

For firefox browser -- https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/..._the_Inspector

For Chrome browser -- http://anti-code.com/devtools-cheatsheet/

I don't recommend using in other browser in windows. They're just not true to the look.

NOTE: Please consider unloading your double-barrel shotgun. It is not helping you. Most problems in any installation are cured by taking a direct shot at the problem. A sniper is more effective at eliminating a problem and they never use a shotgun. That means working that problem, and only that problem till the problem is solved. Then, and only then, should you move on to the next item. Respectfully, you are so into shooting the flies with a shotgun that you are not taking the time to read everything that comes with a mod and, occasionally, missing an important step in a forum response. There are many things under the "cellophane wrap" that needs to be understood. Different mod developers use different methods to present their instructions. Stop and smell the roses.

Like Hurricane Harvey headed our way, categories in storms are not simple mathematical progressions but logarithmic progressions. Growing from category 1 to 2 does not mean that the storm is twice as bad. Actually, it's much worse. Most storms are never 1 + 1 equals 2. Likewise, adding mods with problems to your cart is not mathematical but exactly like a tornado, earthquake, or hurricane. If you have a problem and, yet, continue to install other mods and try solutions other than what is provided, your problems will only fester to a point of frustration. The point where you will at best need to start over or, at worst, give up. Fertilizer is good for the roses but, too much will kill them.

Thanks for the recommendation. Right now everything is "working" as it should with the FEW mods i added. The main reason i was working on more than one, at the time (and i was honestly trying mods that were addressing very different areas) was that when I was stuck, I could not expect one of you to be there within the minute so i would go on to a different mod that i hoped, would not interfere with the one i was waiting on.

Now, onto tweaking those colors for a general look (i won't do the fine details, but at least, i hope to understand the stylesheet better) and trying to understand that developer tool (that looks scary). Is there a dictionary that comes with that page of tools???
    Last edited by CaroleAs; 26 Aug 2017 at 12:35 AM.

Plugin Contributions

I am really lost. Maybe I am missing something too basic to be able to understand. So I'll ask one question:

Can someone indicate one clear and SIMPLE edit to make in the stylesheet and the stylesheet_color_splits to make sure I have things all in place and I would be editing the correct files to see SOMETHING changing from the "default" stylesheets that came with this plugin?

Maybe I have been looking at the wrong place for the last few hours?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by CaroleAs View Post
    I am really lost. Maybe I am missing something too basic to be able to understand. So I'll ask one question:

Can someone indicate one clear and SIMPLE edit to make in the stylesheet and the stylesheet_color_splits to make sure I have things all in place and I would be editing the correct files to see SOMETHING changing from the "default" stylesheets that came with this plugin?

Maybe I have been looking at the wrong place for the last few hours?
    Give me your url and I will show you

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gunni View Post
    Give me your url and I will show you
    http://challengemehq.com is where I am building my test site.
    http://creationcassel.com/store is the current live site that I would try to "somewhat" copy (I am not going for fine details yet, at all, just get a feel for it)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by CaroleAs View Post
    http://challengemehq.com is where I am building my test site.
    http://creationcassel.com/store is the current live site that I would try to "somewhat" copy (I am not going for fine details yet, at all, just get a feel for it)
    @ http://challengemehq.com
    @ stylesheet_colors_split.css:
    around line 166:
    #logowraper - change the color to red in the code and see the top part where the logo is going red (background).

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast