Plugin Contributions

Default products at 20 list price coming up as 13.45

Hi
    Have 2 test sites, one from a quick install (Hoki template + zencart inclusive) and one from a standard vanilla zencart, with Hoki added on.
    When I add a simple product to the product area and save, the list price is being massively discounted on both twenty pounds net and gross shows as 13.45 (no tax).

I cannot see this in a default setting, though it must be there.

I have researched this for a few hours, but not sure if I'm using the wrong terms, nothing coming up.

Is this a bug in the Hoki template or just a noob issue?

Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Hoki template, Fall at first hurdle - products at 20 list price coming up as 13.4

Because the first store appears to have been auto-installed, the database settings could be anything...

There are a large number of questions that come to mind, but the best place to start when posting a question which sometimes can resolve the question for one's self even is to post the information related to the posting tips. The posting tips appear above the Quick Reply window where one enters content.

That said and perhaps a step ahead, as a new user, a valuable tool in finding "why" something is happening compared to a fresh install is to use file comparison software. There are many available (free in fact) that can do line-by-line or even character-by-character comparisons and identify differences between two files, folders, etc...

If after a comparison of the two file sets identifies no differences, then one could export the databases and do a comparison there... that review would identify differences in settings though will likely show a large number of differences where say a unique id is used for a data record. Products_id in one may be a different products_id in the other, for example... but with some careful manipulation of the data, one could narrow things down to just the essentials...

My guess at the moment (talking about tax) is that one store displays prices differently (with/without tax) than the other (configuration->My Store), otherwise that there is possibly some other plugin on the first store that is discounting product to show that it is possible...

Regarding whether it is template specific or not, well, if you change to the default template temporarily and things work properly then it is pretty obvious that it is the template relatively specifically.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Hoki template, Fall at first hurdle - products at 20 list price coming up as 13.4

Thanks for the advice.

I tried to change templates, but there was only one in the template manager. I think this is a setting issue, but will wait to check. I managed to clear up the admin and test on a clean set of product folders.
    There don't appear to be any plugins installed that I can see listed. I think it's going to take me a while to get my head around the admin area :)
    I'll put some more detail in my next post.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by webhandler View Post
    I tried to change templates, but there was only one in the template manager.
    Go to admin->tools->template selection and press the edit button on the right. You should see a dropdown with the Hoki template and "Classic Contemporary Green." Try the second one and see how things look. If they look ok, it's a bug in the Hoki template. If not, it's a bug in your install.

Automatically installations tend to have lots of problems (and also tend to be out of date). Your best bet is to download a fresh copy of Zen Cart 1.5.5 and install it yourself.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.