Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: V154 & V155 when cookies off zenid changing with every change of page. add item f

Looks like I am not unique. just seen this post on responsive sheffield blue.
    https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....06#post1315906
    Solution enable cookies. But how do we tell our users to do that?

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    init_sessions.php
    Argh; I'm not seeing that. Very curious why it seems to be unique to your setup...
    Mark Brittain
    http:\\innerlightcrystals.co.uk\sales\

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: V154 & V155 when cookies off zenid changing with every change of page. add item f

Quote Originally Posted by brittainmark View Post
    Looks like I am not unique. just seen this post on responsive sheffield blue.
    Solution enable cookies. But how do we tell our users to do that?
    I can't speak to whatever that 3rd party plugin is doing to force the need for cookies, particularly in a mode that is specific to that template.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Agreed. It is just that they are having the same issue I am going to timeout when cookies are turned off. Even when I use the vanilla install of zen cart.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    I can't speak to whatever that 3rd party plugin is doing to force the need for cookies, particularly in a mode that is specific to that template.
    Mark Brittain

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Hi Mark.

Have been doing some digging and testing regarding this after some discussions with DrByte.

Firstly regarding your suggestion

Code:
    if (isset($_POST[zen_session_name()])) {
      zen_session_id($_POST[zen_session_name()]);
    } elseif ( ($request_type == 'SSL') && isset($_GET[zen_session_name()]) ) {
      zen_session_id($_GET[zen_session_name()]);
      /* else if added Mjfb*/
    } elseif (isset($_GET[zen_session_name()])) {
        zen_session_id($_GET[zen_session_name()]);
    }
    The problem here is that propagating the $_GET opens up code to some session hijacking/fixation hacks. We allow it for SSL as there is other code to mitigate the hacks (e.g. SSL only cookies and session_regenerate on login)

Note.There are some other things that could be done to allow for this code change, but still mitigate against hacking.

The upshot is, that you are correct, that if a user has cookies disabled then they will get changing session id's and a useless catalog.

The workaround suggested is to turn on force cookie usage. This doesn't fix the changing id's but should warn the user if they have cookies turned off.
    This warning is supposed to happen when they try to add something to the cart (and a few other places) but as you have pointed out when adding to cart, the user is redirected to the timeout page instead.

This is a bug, and seems to have been caused by the introduction of csfr token checking (again this is security code meant to mitigate against other hacks)

It was our intention at some point to make Force Cookie Usage a default at some point, and maybe we should have done this earlier in the v15 code. It would have probably raised the timeout issue much earlier.

I'm going to raise this issue as part of our v1.6.0 code, however the intention would be to backport changes into v1.5.x.

I will update this thread once I have committed code to Github

Plugin Contributions

Ok. If I can do any testing to help just let me know.
    Mark Brittain

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Hi so have done an initial PR for v1.6

https://github.com/zcwilt/zc-v1-seri...a076103a726f40

This should fix the problem of seeing the session timeout page rather than the Cookie Usage page when adding to cart and first party cookies being disabled.

Plugin Contributions

I have made the following mod to 155 and it now say about cookies about line 25 in includes>init_includes>init_sanitize.php (same in 154). and turned on force cookie usage in Admin>configuration>sessions.
    BEFORE:
    PHP Code:
        $_SESSION ['securityToken'] = md5 uniqid rand (), true ) );
      }
      if ((isset ( 
    $_GET ['action'] ) || isset($_POST['action']) ) && $_SERVER['REQUEST_METHOD'] == 'POST')
      {

$mainPage = isset($_GET['main_page']) ? $_GET['main_page'] : FILENAME_DEFAULT
    AFTER:
    PHP Code:
        $_SESSION ['securityToken'] = md5 uniqid rand (), true ) );
      }
      if ((isset ( 
    $_GET ['action'] ) || isset($_POST['action']) ) && $_SERVER['REQUEST_METHOD'] == 'POST')
      {
          if (!
    $session_started) {

zen_redirect(zen_href_link(FILENAME_COOKIE_USAGE));
          }

$mainPage = isset($_GET['main_page']) ? $_GET['main_page'] : FILENAME_DEFAULT
    The cookies warning now appears when you add to cart and on attempting to logon have not pested beyond that.

Thanks for looking at this. Haveing does some research on session hijacking/fixation hacks I see the problem with my code. There appears to be a limit to what you can do to prevet this you just have to make it as hard as possible.

Thanks again

Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by wilt View Post
    Hi so have done an initial PR for v1.6

https://github.com/zcwilt/zc-v1-seri...a076103a726f40

This should fix the problem of seeing the session timeout page rather than the Cookie Usage page when adding to cart and first party cookies being disabled.
    Mark Brittain

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123