Plugin Contributions

Default Firefox says: the authenticity of the received data could not be verified

I was having a problem with Easy Populate 4. with an error of exceeding character limit on Category name so I reconfigured and built PHP 7 to include mbstring. After restarting Apache2 and mysql I could not access the zencart admin login. Firefox gives: "The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified."
    The url tail is login.php?camefrom=index.php

I reverted to my original PHP configuration and I still cannot access the admin.
    I have Zen Cart 1.5.5a with Easy Populate 4. Server OS is Linux with PHP 7. and Apache2.
    Here is the configure string for PHP with mbstring enabled:
    ./configure --with-gd --with-pdo-mysql --with-zlib --with-openssl --with-curl --with-mysqli --with-apxs2=/var/lib/apache2/bin/apxs --with-jpeg-dir=/usr/ --enable-mbstring

I would like to avoid reinstalling Zencart with all the modules. Would appreciate any advice or pointers.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Firefox says: the authenticity of the received data could not be verified

Sounds like maybe you've got an SSL misconfiguration on your site. I don't think it has anything to do with PHP or ZC.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Firefox says: the authenticity of the received data could not be verified

are you using a self-signed certificate? have you tried logging in with chrome or another browser?

i agree with dr byte that the problem is related to your SSL certificate/configuration. i would look at your apache error logs. they can possibly help.
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Sounds like maybe you've got an SSL misconfiguration on your site. I don't think it has anything to do with PHP or ZC.
    Well, Zencart was working with ssl until i reconfigured PHP and then I could not log back into Zencart admin. Possibly something has changed with ssl or curl. The certificate is Thwate - not self-signed. I have tried with another browser and also deleting cookies etc - with the same result. Does Zencart cache ssl references anywhere? I don't see anything like that in the cache folder.

Plugin Contributions

i have never used easy populate. how you went from an error of exceeding the character limit of a field to reinstalling php with new options.... well only you can answer. i'm not sure that was the right way to go, but here you are....

again, i think ZC has nothing to do with this problem. i'm pretty sure nothing will work with https on your site right now. for example if you were to create a file called info.php in your web root directory with:

Code:
    <? phpinfo();
    in it, and then look at that file from:

http://YOURSITE.COM/info.php

do you see a PHP info page? and if so, can you now go to:

https://YOURSITE.COM/info.php

and you get your aforementioned error? if so, we have now removed ZC from the equation and we have established it is a problem with your SSL installation.

its possible you may not have installed some intermediate certificates. i am not sure (based on the fact you reconfigured PHP) whether this is your own server or a shared server. i'm guessing the former, but i have never had to reconfigure PHP, and i would only think it possible if you were the sysadmin of the server. and if so, i would look at the apache error.log for more possible clues as to what the problem might be. those logs are generally at:

/var/log/apache2/error.log

good luck! let us know how it goes.
    author of square Webpay.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks - Yes I have php info etc. Run the server myself. The reason I rebuilt PHP with mbstring enabled is because there was an error with the way Easy Populate handled bytes in certain environments that threw a exceeded character error in the category name that prevented uploading of the csv file. I resolved the problem of inaccessibility to the zencart admin by reinstalling the whole program. Not sure why it was disabled after reinstalling PHP - I will have to compare the configure.php files with the old site as the answer may lie there. Now I have to reinstall EasyPopulate 4.0 to see if enabling mbstring has resolves the error in the character limitation.
    For your reference:
    https://github.com/mc12345678/EasyPo...d78d425197c85b

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by carlwhat View Post
    i have never used easy populate. how you went from an error of exceeding the character limit of a field to reinstalling php with new options.... well only you can answer. i'm not sure that was the right way to go, but here you are....
    Yeah, there was a missing comparison for code that didn't have mb_strlen installed such that
    Code:
    > $categories_name_max_len
    It will resolve the character length error provided the actual length remains less than assigned length for the field. This "option" was added recently to address someone else's request and it was done on the fly directly on the github website rather than from any sane editor.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

interesting, you learn something new every day....

that said, i'm still not convinced about the original problem being the SSL.

have you confirmed that https is in fact working on your server?
    author of square Webpay.