Plugin Contributions

Default Client wants ELAVON payment method. Is there a plugin I can use?

My client is currently running 1.3.8a and is using VirtualMerchant to connect with his Elavon payment account. We are in the process of upgrading him to 1.5.5a of Zen and I am finding there isn't a payment module that will work. He still wants to use Elavon because it's the cheapest out there.

Does anyone know of a module that I can use to connect with Elavon?

I tried to search these forums, but the most recent topic was several years old.

Thanks all

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Client wants ELAVON payment method. Is there a plugin I can use?

Ask Elavon which gateway they use and then see if there is a mod for that gateway? Then ask Elavon for credentials.

I've looked at Elavon a while back & they were nowhere close to being least expensive.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the reply Rick.
    I called Elavon and they said they use the gateway "Converge", which is the older brother of Virtual Merchant. I didn't see that one in the plugin repository.

My client claims his accounting department checked other gateway prices and thinks Elavon is on the cheaper side. Is it? I don't know.

I'm in the process of trying to talk him into switching over to Auth.net. Maybe not the cheapest, but from a designers standpoint, the easiest, since the gateway is built right into Zen.

Thanks again Rick,
    Rck

Plugin Contributions

I am currently using Integrity Merchant Solutions who processes using the First Data Nashville Platform & Authorize.net gateway.

Merchant account (Integrity Merchant Solutions) is interchange cost plus instead of fixed 3 tier system typically marketed by Elavon.
    Auth.net gateway is via a reseller (gatewayonly.com)

The way I figure the processing cost is taking the total monthly fees divided by the total sales processed. That removes the skewed accounting that the processors use to prove they are cheaper. Elavon was nearly a percent higher the last time I checked. Now if a merchant has a retail, card present processing account and is also using that same account to process online, card not present sales.... it might be cheaper..... UNTIL they get caught. Been there, Done that.

I have found that for me, using a method that is essentially built-in to zencart removes significant headaches from the implementation and security sides of the equation.

Good luck.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Is this client still in need of a Converge module for Elavon?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RixStix View Post
    Merchant account (Integrity Merchant Solutions) is interchange cost plus instead of fixed 3 tier system typically marketed by Elavon.
    Interchange plus pricing is always the cheapest and the best way to go, IMHO.

once a merchant has that pricing in place, it behooves the merchant to ensure that they clear all of their transactions at the lowest possible interchange.
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.