Page 41 of 48 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: product categories - linking

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Rick, got the files via email (thanks). Was the OOPS!!!! category pre-existing when you performed the import, or was it auto-created when this product was imported?
    It is pre-existing with products. Since the first several dozen attempts did nothing, I assumed that either I was doing something wrong or category creation was not a feature, so I began trying to import a single test product into an existing category.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RixStix View Post
    It is pre-existing with products. Since the first several dozen attempts did nothing, I assumed that either I was doing something wrong or category creation was not a feature, so I began trying to import a single test product into an existing category.
    When you're adding a product, I suggest a two-fold approach:

1. Set the v_products_id value to 0 (not an empty string)
    2. Include the v_dbio_command column and set that value to ADD.

Plugin Contributions

When you're adding a product, I suggest a two-fold approach:

1. Set the v_products_id value to 0 (not an empty string)
    2. Include the v_dbio_command column and set that value to ADD.
    TNX
    I will try again. I'm pretty sure using a v_products_id value 0 gave a white screen of death and sent me off in a different direction.

EDIT before the timelimit expired to edit this post.

Nothing added when I set the v_products_id to 0 (zero)

Code:
    2021-03-10 11:35:52: Forcing ADD of product at line #3, via DbIo command
    2021-03-10 11:35:52: [*] products.products_date_added, line #3: Value () is not a recognized date value; the default value for the field will be used.
    2021-03-10 11:35:52: [*] products.products_ordered, line #3: Value () is not a floating-point value.
    2021-03-10 11:35:52: [*] products.metatags_title_status, line #3: Value () is not an integer
    2021-03-10 11:35:52: [*] products.metatags_products_name_status, line #3: Value () is not an integer
    2021-03-10 11:35:52: [*] products.metatags_model_status, line #3: Value () is not an integer
    2021-03-10 11:35:52: [*] products.metatags_price_status, line #3: Value () is not an integer
    2021-03-10 11:35:52: [*] products.metatags_title_tagline_status, line #3: Value () is not an integer
    Last edited by RixStix; 10 Mar 2021 at 08:39 PM.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

TNX
    I will try again. I'm pretty sure using a v_products_id value 0 gave a white screen of death and sent me off in a different direction.

EDIT before the timelimit expired to edit this post.

Nothing added when I set the v_products_id to 0 (zero)

Code:
    2021-03-10 11:35:52: Forcing ADD of product at line #3, via DbIo command
    2021-03-10 11:35:52: [*] products.products_date_added, line #3: Value () is not a recognized date value; the default value for the field will be used.
    2021-03-10 11:35:52: [*] products.products_ordered, line #3: Value () is not a floating-point value.
    2021-03-10 11:35:52: [*] products.metatags_title_status, line #3: Value () is not an integer
    2021-03-10 11:35:52: [*] products.metatags_products_name_status, line #3: Value () is not an integer
    2021-03-10 11:35:52: [*] products.metatags_model_status, line #3: Value () is not an integer
    2021-03-10 11:35:52: [*] products.metatags_price_status, line #3: Value () is not an integer
    2021-03-10 11:35:52: [*] products.metatags_title_tagline_status, line #3: Value () is not an integer
    Rick, those errors in the CSV import (other than the products_date_added) will result in that record not being imported due to an error in the data-types.

Plugin Contributions

I guess I don't understand other than it sounds like I have been wasting your time?

Products_ordered for a new product that is impossible to have been ordered? required?
    meta_tags? required?
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

I guess I don't understand other than it sounds like I have been wasting your time?

Products_ordered for a new product that is impossible to have been ordered? required?
    meta_tags? required?
    Rick, none of those fields are required but if they're included in the import, the value must be valid for the field, e.g. the products-ordered must be a valid floating-point number.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks. When the "abbreviated" import didn't work, I assumed that a required field must have been neglected; thus the reason for going to the full file.

Back to square 1
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Thanks. When the "abbreviated" import didn't work, I assumed that a required field must have been neglected; thus the reason for going to the full file.

Back to square 1
    Square 1. Original abbreviated import file

Upload my abbreviated file
    File Action: Import (check only)
    Results: GREEN, 3 lines imported

File Action: Import (FULL)
    White Screen of death
    This is what happens when you put a 0 (zero) in the v_products_id field

Code:
    [11-Mar-2021 09:16:37 America/Los_Angeles] Request URI: /ADMINFOLDER/dbio_manager.php?action=file, IP address: 98.xxx.yyy.zzz
    #1  trigger_error() called at [/home/chainwea/public_html/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php:171]
    #2  queryFactory->show_error() called at [/home/chainwea/public_html/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php:143]
    #3  queryFactory->set_error() called at [/home/chainwea/public_html/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php:270]
    #4  queryFactory->Execute() called at [/home/chainwea/public_html/ADMINFOLDER/includes/classes/dbio/DbIoHandler.php:943]
    #5  DbIoHandler->importCsvRecord() called at [/home/chainwea/public_html/ADMINFOLDER/includes/classes/dbio/DbIo.php:265]
    #6  DbIo->dbioImport() called at [/home/chainwea/public_html/ADMINFOLDER/dbio_manager.php:240]
    --> PHP Fatal error: 1062:Duplicate entry '0-1' for key 'PRIMARY' :: INSERT INTO products_description (`products_name`, `products_description`, `language_id`, `products_id`)
    VALUES ('Sterling Clasp Assortment 1', 'This is a test description', 1, 0) ==> (as called by) /home/chainwea/public_html/ADMINFOLDER/includes/classes/dbio/DbIoHandler.php on line 943 <== in /home/chainwea/public_html/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 171.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Rick, did you accompany that v_products_id = 0 with a v_dbio_command of ADD?

Plugin Contributions

Rick, did you accompany that v_products_id = 0 with a v_dbio_command of ADD?
    Yes, all caps ADD Used the same file that I sent to you but with 0 zero inserted into the prod_id field

Crap, the screen paste doesn't work.
    Last edited by RixStix; 11 Mar 2021 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Additional info
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com

Page 41 of 48 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast