Page 17 of 48 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Database I/O Manager (DbIo) Plugin [Support Thread]

@dbltoe, I'd start by adding those additional option values via the DbIoProductsOptionsValuesHandler.

Once those option-values are in the database (so that you've got products_options_values_id's for them, I'd the DbIoProductsAttributesRawHandler to add those option/option-value pairs to the various products.

Note that neither of the attribute-related handlers currently support a removal. I've created a GitHub issue to remind me of your request.

Plugin Contributions

Thanx Cindy,

Sorry for the late response. Day five today of my nursing duties with wife's new knee. Will do some more when she's on the "rack" again.

Did the add first. Was just wondering if there was a mid-step before Raw.

As to deleting info. I've never been a fan of deleting anything that goes with an order in any way. History can be very helpful, but not so much if part of the data is non-existant. Doubt I would ever use the delete function other than deleting the attribute from the current product. For me, Name and Value would remain forever whether tied to a current product or not.

Plugin Contributions

Hello
    I am exporting from v.1.5.0 and importing to v.1.5.5

Apparently this is not possible since all I get is "was completed with 9041 errors and 0 warnings. 0 records were inserted or updated."

Log file looks like this:

Operation:import-en-check
    Records Read:9042
    Records Inserted:0
    Records Updated:0
    Warnings:0
    Errors:9041
    Parse Time:20.172164916992
    The following warnings/errors were generated by the above action:
    Unrecognized command (WWII US) found at line #2; the operation was not performed.
    Unrecognized command (WWI US) found at line #3; the operation was not performed.
    Unrecognized command (WWII GERMAN) found at line #4; the operation was not performed.

The CSV looks fine. I tried splitting, etc. No help. I have wasted my day trying to get this tool to load data.

Of course, when I do an export and then immediately import the same file it fails with the same message.'
    Did I get a bad build? Am I supposed to add INSERT statements to the CSV?

Why is there no explanation of HOW to use this tool? All I see is organization information.
    All I can do is assume that exporting products into a csv would be followed by importing them. That's logic, but in this case it fails miserably.

Not sure how to proceed. Docs gives no clue on how to typically operate this tool.

Plugin Contributions

If you are actually upgrading from 1.5.0 to 1.5.5, there's a better way to accomplish the task. https://www.zen-cart.com/entry.php?3...d-of-upgrading.

Cindy's mod is great, but the upgrade steps are more thorough and accurate in the case of an upgrade.

IF NOT an upgrade, perhaps you are looking at databases with conflicting character sets. If all are not "on the same page", it could be part of the problem.

Plugin Contributions

No. When I installed Easy Populate I was able to move the data in about a minute.

I believe Cindy's mod does not work at all. I strongly recommend Easy Populate for actually moving data.

Plugin Contributions

You haven't identified the version of DbIo that you had issues with, nor did you post a couple of the problematic rows of the exported CSV.

I can assure you that the plugin does work, but you might have discovered a store-specific issue that could have been corrected.

Plugin Contributions

net3431: posts 24, plugins 0
    lat9: posts 7859, plugins 64

So the possibility of user error here would be unthinkable? No, it must be sloppy code, of course.

@net3431
    You are using the tool in a situation that is not common as it is not only not recommended, it is WRONG. You don't upgrade by importing data.

Your arrogance is exemplary...in the sense of a good example of how not to get any (free) help.
    Indeed, "the tool doesn't work" could indeed be applied to your posts, but not in the sense you mean it.
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

I was not interested in making DbIo work. I was interested in moving data. I suppose DbIo does something. It just doesn't import data.
    That makes the tool useless as far as I am concerned. I incidentally spent some time trying to figure out just what it did do, but I was not successful in that endeavor. I did however, discover Easy Populate, which immediately worked for the use that it was designed.

Arrogance comes in many forms. Mine is concerned with the job of my employer. Yours seems to be an attempt to rehabilitate DbIo, a plugin which remains a mystery. Nothing in the above responses indicates what this tool is supposed to do. My complaint contains facts, actual error content. Your response contains ad hominems and smug, empty assurances.

In any case, my problem was resolved in seconds. Your problem will in all likelihood remain with you as long as you keep struggling with DbIo.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by net3431 View Post
    I was not interested in making DbIo work. ...
    Ah, that's the true spirit of open-source programming ... not!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by net3431 View Post
    Hello
    I am exporting from v.1.5.0 and importing to v.1.5.5
    Why not just import the data using phpMyAdmin and then run the conversions? I don't see a need for easypopulate or dbio.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Page 17 of 48 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast