Page 37 of 48 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: product categories - linking

So, to clarify for the dummies, for an import,

new product
    v_categories_name: can be a list. The first path will be the master category. Subsequent paths will be added as linked categories.

existing product
    v_categories_name: can be a list. Paths will be added as linked categories, if not already existing for this product.

existing product & using UNLINK command
    v_categories_name: can be a list. Paths will be removed only if they are linked categories.

So, to update existing products, it is necessary to export them to get the list of linked categories, to be able to subsequently import and UNLINK them.
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by torvista View Post
    So, to clarify for the dummies, for an import,

new product
    v_categories_name: can be a list. The first path will be the master category. Subsequent paths will be added as linked categories.

existing product
    v_categories_name: can be a list. Paths will be added as linked categories, if not already existing for this product.

v_categories_name: can be a list. Paths will be removed only if they are linked categories.

So, to update existing products, it is necessary to export them to get the list of linked categories, to be able to subsequently import and UNLINK them.
    Close ...

new product
    v_categories_name must be specified (otherwise, you don't know where it goes in the category tree). The last/most-recent v_categories_name imported for a product will be its master-category; previous categories will be linked categories.

existing product
    v_categories_name, if specified, identifies the current master-category for the product. Previous categories become linked categories.

v_categories_name must be specified. The category-path will be removed if-and-only-if it is not the product's master-category (an error is indicated if so).

Getting that linked-categories list is going to be a PITA, as the Products-export exports only the product's master-category's name, not the additional linked ones. I'll put such an export on the DbIo to-do list.

Plugin Contributions

I'm afraid I don't find that very intuitive.
    I would have thought the first category in any list would be master, the rest....would just be the rest/linked.
    And so an export of categories in the products export would include that list.

An import of the products with that column missing would be no change.
    An import of the products with that column would update (delete+add), same as the other fields.

The idea of whatever being in the list adding to whatever is already in the db, I find confusing / an unexpected thing and out of step with every other column, in the sense that all the rest will replace the current entry.

Maybe I am used to Apsona doing that....
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

I'm afraid I don't find that very intuitive.
    I would have thought the first category in any list would be master, the rest....would just be the rest/linked.
    And so an export of categories in the products export would include that list.

An import of the products with that column missing would be no change.
    An import of the products with that column would update (delete+add), same as the other fields.

The idea of whatever being in the list adding to whatever is already in the db, I find confusing / an unexpected thing and out of step with every other column, in the sense that all the rest will replace the current entry.

Maybe I am used to Apsona doing that....
    Sorry that it's not intuitive ... at least it's documented now!

FWIW, the 'last-in' usage model is similar to the non-Image Handler way of uploading additional images. You edit a product, uploading first those additional images and upload the product's main image as the last step.

Plugin Contributions

FWIW, the 'last-in' usage model is similar to the non-Image Handler way of uploading additional images. You edit a product, uploading first those additional images and upload the product's main image as the last step.
    Really...never done that! Always used IH.
    Steve

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

In an old modified version of easypopulate I could import and export all product info and products quantity discounts in one CSV. In a brief look at dbio I don’t think it can do that. If not is it possible to modify dbio to achieve that? I guess otherwise I’d need to upload two CSVs every time there is a product price change.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RETPL View Post
    Hi,

In an old modified version of easypopulate I could import and export all product info and products quantity discounts in one CSV. In a brief look at dbio I don’t think it can do that. If not is it possible to modify dbio to achieve that? I guess otherwise I’d need to upload two CSVs every time there is a product price change.
    DbIo currently has the products' quantity discounts, as you indicated, as a separate "handler" from the other products' fields. While anything is possible, code-wise, that quantity-discounts' handling is a bit special and the products' handling is already complicated so I don't think that I'll be combining them.

I guess you're looking at two CSVs when products' pricing changes.

Plugin Contributions

Can't you use one file for all your manipulation (I use Libreofice), with all the column titles as used in both handlers, then save-a-copy two csv files with different names to use the correct handler. Each handler should ignore the columns that are not part of that handler.
    Then you are not having to work with two files.
    Steve

Plugin Contributions

Can't you use one file for all your manipulation (I use Libreofice), with all the column titles as used in both handlers, then save-a-copy two csv files with different names to use the correct handler. Each handler should ignore the columns that are not part of that handler.
    Then you are not having to work with two files.
    You're always thinking, @torvista. That's a great idea.

Plugin Contributions

I've just submitted v1.6.4 of DbIo for the Zen Cart moderators' review; I'll post back here when it's available for download.

This release contains changes associated with the following GitHub issues:

#175: Correct CSV 'split' function processing.
    #176: 'Products': Multi-lingual customized-template export columns can 'go off'.
    #177: No admin message when multiple v_dbio_command columns are found.
    #178: 'Products' import, enable a product to be 'unlinked' from a linked category.
    #179: Valid dates that don't start with a year are being indicated as invalid.
    #180: Additional configuration setting for Products to require an 'ADD' command to insert a new product.
    #181: ProductsAttribsRaw: Unwanted download record added for empty download name.

Page 37 of 48 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast