Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Database I/O Manager (DbIo) Plugin [Support Thread]

I have also tried to double the model and id-colums, to change place of these columns and many other variables, but for some reason the manager doesn't see these two columns..

Plugin Contributions

Could it maybe has something to do with this? (when I try to make a new template, the two missing columns are already there and cannot being moved). I have the impression that the manager sees only the manually attached template fiels, not the two that are already there, because these two columns are missing.....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dbiotwomissingcolumns.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	88.9 KB 
ID:	17327
    Last edited by LadyoftheCave; 24 Sep 2017 at 12:00 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by LadyoftheCave View Post
    Goodmorning all,

I have a question about importing csv-files with new products. I have downloaded a product-csv file with the dbio manager, and then I changed the products and I have uploaded it to the webstore throught the dbio manager, but then I received the following message:

Code:
    Foutmelding The current import-file is missing these (v_products_id, v_products_model) required columns; the import is disallowed.
    But when I check the file on the missing columns, they are just there into the file..

Attachment 17326
    When you are performing a product insert, the v_products_model column is what DbIo uses to determine that the product is new. The products_id values are automatically calculated by the database; you have no control over those for a product insert/create operation.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by LadyoftheCave View Post
    Could it maybe has something to do with this? (when I try to make a new template, the two missing columns are already there and cannot being moved). I have the impression that the manager sees only the manually attached template fiels, not the two that are already there, because these two columns are missing.....

Name:	dbiotwomissingcolumns.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	88.9 KB 
ID:	17327
    Nope, when you create a DbIo template, there are sometimes (like for the Products handler) database fields that are required. The Products handler requires that the v_products_id and v_products_model fields both be present in the import ... even though (as you found) the v_products_id value has no bearing when the product is being created.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    When you are performing a product insert, the v_products_model column is what DbIo uses to determine that the product is new. The products_id values are automatically calculated by the database; you have no control over those for a product insert/create operation.
    Hi lat9, thank you for your answer. I am not completely sure what you mean, but do you know how I can insert product-files without this error? Do I have to remove the id column?

Plugin Contributions

You'll need to keep the v_products_id column (set that value for new products to 0) and supply a unique v_products_model value for a new product to be created.

When creating a new product, you'll also want to make sure that you have the v_categories_name column set to identify the category "tree" associated with the to-be-added product's master-category.

When you're performing any kind of import, I suggest that you first perform an Import (Check-only) first. That processing will do every step of the import ... except that the database is not updated. You can then see what will happen before actually committing the information to your database.

Once the import is finished, a link shows next to the action-selection dropdown that reads View import details; click that link and a popup will display showing you the status of that import.

After you've verified your import-csv using Import (Check-only), that's the time to use Import (Full) which will actually write the requested information to your database.

Plugin Contributions

thank you very much,

I will try that out now :)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    You'll need to keep the v_products_id column (set that value for new products to 0) and supply a unique v_products_model value for a new product to be created.

When creating a new product, you'll also want to make sure that you have the v_categories_name column set to identify the category "tree" associated with the to-be-added product's master-category.

When you're performing any kind of import, I suggest that you first perform an Import (Check-only) first. That processing will do every step of the import ... except that the database is not updated. You can then see what will happen before actually committing the information to your database.

Once the import is finished, a link shows next to the action-selection dropdown that reads View import details; click that link and a popup will display showing you the status of that import.

After you've verified your import-csv using Import (Check-only), that's the time to use Import (Full) which will actually write the requested information to your database.
    Hi lat9,

I have tried that out:

Name:	dbionotworking02.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	35.1 KB 
ID:	17328

But I still receive the same error message about the missing columns..

Foutmelding The current import-file is missing these (v_products_id, v_products_model) required columns; the import is disallowed.

Plugin Contributions

PM sent.

Plugin Contributions

It turns out that the message that @LadyoftheCave was receiving was because the import CSV file was using a semi-colon (;) instead of the more traditional comma (,) as the field delimiter.

Updating the DbIo's Configuration->DbIo Manager Settings->CSV Delimiter to ; allows the import to proceed without error.

Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast