Page 44 of 48 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: product categories - linking

Quote Originally Posted by strelitzia View Post
    Zen Cart 1.5.7c
    PHP Version 7.4.16
    MySQL 5.7.32

I'm getting a MySQL error with exports for Manufacturers, ProuctsAttribsbasic, and Products.
    For a manufacturers export the log is as follows:
    Code:
    [06-Aug-2021 20:33:34 Europe/Paris] Request URI: /testadmin/index.php?cmd=dbio_manager&action=export, IP address: ::1
    #1  trigger_error() called at [/Users/steph/Sites/localhost/homebrew/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php:170]
    #2  queryFactory->show_error() called at [/Users/steph/Sites/localhost/homebrew/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php:142]
    #3  queryFactory->set_error() called at [/Users/steph/Sites/localhost/homebrew/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php:269]
    #4  queryFactory->Execute() called at [/Users/steph/Sites/localhost/homebrew/testadmin/includes/classes/dbio/DbIo.php:167]
    #5  DbIo->dbioExport() called at [/Users/steph/Sites/localhost/homebrew/testadmin/dbio_manager.php:156]
    #6  require(/Users/steph/Sites/localhost/homebrew/testadmin/dbio_manager.php) called at [/Users/steph/Sites/localhost/homebrew/testadmin/index.php:11]
    --> PHP Fatal error: 1064:You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'ORDER BY m.manufacturers_id ASC' at line 1 :: SELECT m.manufacturers_id, m.manufacturers_name, m.manufacturers_image, m.date_added, m.last_modified FROM zen_manufacturers AS m, zen_manufacturers_info AS mi WHERE m.manufacturers_id = mi.manufacturers_id AND mi.languages_id =  ORDER BY m.manufacturers_id ASC  ==> (as called by) /Users/steph/Sites/localhost/homebrew/testadmin/includes/classes/dbio/DbIo.php on line 167 <== in /Users/steph/Sites/localhost/homebrew/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 170.
    Note the lack of a languages_id just before the ORDER BY.

I went to DbioManufacturersHandler.php and set some error_log outputs after
    Code:
    $export_language = ($this->export_language == 'all') ? $this->languages[$this->first_language_code] : $this->languages[$this->export_language];

error_log("export language: ".$this->export_language);
    error_log("first_language_code: ".$this->languages[$this->first_language_code]);
    error_log("this export langueage: ".$this->languages[$this->export_language]);
    error_log("export language var: ".$export_language);
    the results of which are
    Code:
    [06-Aug-2021 20:33:34 Europe/Paris] export language: all
    [06-Aug-2021 20:33:34 Europe/Paris] first_language_code: 
    [06-Aug-2021 20:33:34 Europe/Paris] this export langueage: 
    [06-Aug-2021 20:33:34 Europe/Paris] export language var:
    The error logs for ProuctsAttribsbasic and Products also show a missing language_id in the query.

Any suggestions on the cause, and a solution to this issue?
    Obviously a multiple-language failure is the cause; the solution will be an update to those handlers. See (https://github.com/lat9/dbio/issues/193) for the tracking of these changes.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Obviously a multiple-language failure is the cause; the solution will be an update to those handlers. See (https://github.com/lat9/dbio/issues/193) for the tracking of these changes.
    OK, I'm not able to reproduce this issue on either a single- or dual-language site.

What languages are present in the site? What version of DbIo? What DB_CHARSET is being used?

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    I have quite a few linked products originally uploaded using easypopulate CSV.

With Easypopulate CSV I had created spreadsheets with linked products listed as another row. This means that I would have multiple rows for one linked product.

All of my Easypopulate spreadsheets need updating to work with DBIO (as the category must be listed in just one column with the ^ delimiter). As DBIO only exports the master category I am unable to easily keep a record of linked categories.

On import the DBIO manager also requires multiple uploads to achieve the desired result – e.g. one import to add a linked category, then another import to set the master category back to what it was.

Would it be possible to import/export v_categories_name as a list of linked categories? I believe this has been mentioned by Torvista in post #361. This would make managing the master category and linked categories much easier.

Alternatively would it be possible to add an additional column such as v_categories_linked to allow linked categories to be clearly defined.

Any help with this would be much appreciated. We have found this add on to be one of the most useful mods available for Zen Cart. I would be happy to make a donation to help cover the costs of implementing these changes.
    --
    Many thanks
    Richard

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by richard7315 View Post
    Hi,
    I have quite a few linked products originally uploaded using easypopulate CSV.

With Easypopulate CSV I had created spreadsheets with linked products listed as another row. This means that I would have multiple rows for one linked product.

All of my Easypopulate spreadsheets need updating to work with DBIO (as the category must be listed in just one column with the ^ delimiter). As DBIO only exports the master category I am unable to easily keep a record of linked categories.

On import the DBIO manager also requires multiple uploads to achieve the desired result – e.g. one import to add a linked category, then another import to set the master category back to what it was.

Would it be possible to import/export v_categories_name as a list of linked categories? I believe this has been mentioned by Torvista in post #361. This would make managing the master category and linked categories much easier.

Alternatively would it be possible to add an additional column such as v_categories_linked to allow linked categories to be clearly defined.

Any help with this would be much appreciated. We have found this add on to be one of the most useful mods available for Zen Cart. I would be happy to make a donation to help cover the costs of implementing these changes.
    --
    Many thanks
    Richard
    Richard, I like that v_categories_linked column idea. There's already an open issue (https://github.com/lat9/dbio/issues/135) requesting changes to the linked-categories' handling that I'll update to identify that implementation possibility.

Plugin Contributions

I've just submitted v1.6.7 of DbIo for the Zen Cart moderators' review; I'll post back here when it's available for download.

This release contains changes associated with the following GitHub issues:

#189: ProductsHandler, select all sub-categories when a higher-level category is selected for export.
    #190: Correct initial installation error for databases using a utf8mb4 collation.
    #191: Correct PHP warning for product-addition and specified category is non-existant.
    #192: Adding longtext as a possible text-type field.
    #194: Updating language files to use HTML5 <br>'s
    #195: Correctly disallow Products' import of duplicate models if disallowed via configuration.
    #196: Disallow Products' import if an empty category/sub-category is specified.

Plugin Contributions

I've just submitted v1.6.7 of DbIo for the Zen Cart moderators' review; I'll post back here when it's available for download.

This release contains changes associated with the following GitHub issues:

#189: ProductsHandler, select all sub-categories when a higher-level category is selected for export.
    #190: Correct initial installation error for databases using a utf8mb4 collation.
    #191: Correct PHP warning for product-addition and specified category is non-existant.
    #192: Adding longtext as a possible text-type field.
    #194: Updating language files to use HTML5 <br>'s
    #195: Correctly disallow Products' import of duplicate models if disallowed via configuration.
    #196: Disallow Products' import if an empty category/sub-category is specified.
    Now available for download: https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2091

Plugin Contributions

Forgive me if I missed it in this thread already, but I'm looking for a couple of "best practices" or ideas on how to best implement this plugin to achieve a more seamless inventory management strategy. I started building an excel spreadsheet with formulas to help me standardize item titles, make it a little more user-friendly visually, and ensure I'm consistent with product codes, model numbers, descriptions, etc. This works great for building the inventory from scratch, but where I'm struggling is how to maintain it once the site goes live. For example, if an item sells, presumably I will export the database with updated information, but then am stuck with how to best link it to my master spreadsheet with formulas, etc. so that everything updates without having to repopulate formulas and risk messing up the products. A large portion of my inventory consists of unique/single quantity items, so I'm constantly adding/removing products and I'm finding the I/O database is a little more cumbersome for extensive changes/additions. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Default Transactions by sale amount and shipping amount

I'm currently using an older version of Dbio (which will be replaced with the newest version when I finished upgrading to 1.5.7). I use it to break down our transactions by state. At this time, I can only get a total sale amount for each transaction. I need it broken down by sale amount and shipping amount. Is this in the new version--sorry, I read through most of the readme doc, but I didn't see that specific element. If not in the new version, could I request that it be added?
    Last edited by HeleneWallis; 26 Feb 2022 at 04:42 PM. Reason: change title

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Transactions by sale amount and shipping amount

Quote Originally Posted by HeleneWallis View Post
    I'm currently using an older version of Dbio (which will be replaced with the newest version when I finished upgrading to 1.5.7). I use it to break down our transactions by state. At this time, I can only get a total sale amount for each transaction. I need it broken down by sale amount and shipping amount. Is this in the new version--sorry, I read through most of the readme doc, but I didn't see that specific element. If not in the new version, could I request that it be added?
    Request noted: https://github.com/lat9/dbio/issues/197

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Transactions by sale amount and shipping amount

Thanks, that will help with states that impose sales tax on shipping as well as the base sale amount.

Page 44 of 48 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast