Plugin Contributions

Default v155a session.use_trans_sid is enabled

Currently using v154 in active store. Have uploaded v155a to the server in separate directory to build and get the following problem that needs fixing: Problems with session support ini setting session.use_trans_sid is enabled

The server is on ipage.com uploaded via FileZilla
    php version 5.6.6
    MySQL version 5.5.32

Is this a problem with the Host? I have a different site working with Zen Cart on a different server (BlueHost) and am having no problems with setup.

Is there anything I can "adjust" to make v155a work?

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: v155a session.use_trans_sid is enabled

Zen Cart has always required session.use_trans_sid to be disabled. Most modern applications expect it to be disabled.
    It is not a new requirement for v155. The zc_install app has always flagged that situation if it is found.

Changing the session.use_trans_sid setting is something you do in php.ini ... and if you don't know how to do that, contact your hosting company for assistance on setting that specifically for your account.

I haven't tested that setting in years, but if I recall correctly, when the transparent-sid setting is enabled it is very possible that customers and administrators will experience unpredictable logouts and timeouts and lost sessions and lost shopping carts.

That said, if you're simply working on preparing an upgrade in a temporary location, and it will only be "you" using the site, you could probably temporarily ignore the issue until you can sort it out with your hosting company.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: v155a session.use_trans_sid is enabled

Thank you DrByte! Worked like a charm. Not sure why I didn't originally run into that problem when I installed v154 many moons ago.