Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Adding Text Into The Header

When you are inspecting the code using those tools, and you "click" on the taglinewrapper, you should be shown the "history" of presenting that css. Everything involved should show how that specific object has come to have the formatting that it does. This should include at least one reference to taglinewrapper and should show the filename and line number at which the assignment is located.

Or while the same is displayed, you can search the css files for that particular attribute, but one should be wary of the results especially in a responsive template because of how the css "sections" are applied. Finding and changing a definition for a small resolution will do no good for a large resolution nor affect the large resolution or vice versa, they each control their resolution's presentation...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    When you are inspecting the code using those tools, and you "click" on the taglinewrapper, you should be shown the "history" of presenting that css. Everything involved should show how that specific object has come to have the formatting that it does. This should include at least one reference to taglinewrapper and should show the filename and line number at which the assignment is located.

Or while the same is displayed, you can search the css files for that particular attribute, but one should be wary of the results especially in a responsive template because of how the css "sections" are applied. Finding and changing a definition for a small resolution will do no good for a large resolution nor affect the large resolution or vice versa, they each control their resolution's presentation...
    Its just so frustrating, I now understand how my customers feel when their computers/laptops don`t work.

I'm trying to get my head around Firebug, its different to CSS Viewer because it allows you to change elements of the file and see the result before you edit the .css file. As you move over the code it highlights areas on the page, everytime it highlights anything within the header itself I look through the code in the right box and cannot see anything that mentions height ??

I'm obviously either being thick or I`m missing something really obvious

Plugin Contributions

Understood, and I'd say neither on the last part. When it is "highlighted" though the right side doesn't get updated, so need to click on that "section" to update the right side. Also there are a couple of other tabs on that right side to show various characteristics of the selected "field".

It is a bit of a learning process. Learning can be aggravating when trying to get something done. Again, I'm useless on the details of the css on your site because I'm not able to access that information (sensibly) from my mobile device.

Plugin Contributions

FYI, "height" can be made/provided by other characteristics. Basically the push and pull of various items and where they are positioned. For example if there was a header row, then the next line has an image that is x tall, then some other items, then the next row, well the overall height becomes dependent on the first object. "Review" of these objects becomes important to see how they each interact.

Other cases, it's obvious. not always though.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    FYI, "height" can be made/provided by other characteristics. Basically the push and pull of various items and where they are positioned. For example if there was a header row, then the next line has an image that is x tall, then some other items, then the next row, well the overall height becomes dependent on the first object. "Review" of these objects becomes important to see how they each interact.

Other cases, it's obvious. not always though.
    LOL Ive looked so many times and tried to make sense, most of the time if you look closely it does make sense, in this case for me it does not, common sense would say that in the CSS there would be a setting that said Height = X LOL

Plugin Contributions

Occasionally, height is based on the image size selected for that area. In that case, there is code that determines what is going to happen. Your situation is worsened by the fact that there is already a -100px margin-top call in the stylesheet.css on line 73.
    Change that to -50px, then add the margin, text-align, and float BACK INTO line 74.
    The two lines should now look like
    Code:
    #navMainWrapper {margin:0 auto;color:#444;margin-top: -50px;}#navMain ul  {margin:0 auto;padding: 0px 0 0.5em 0;list-style-type:none;text-align:right;line-height: 1.5em;float:right;}
    Tweak as required.
    BTW, I used firebug for some time but I always look for anything more helpful. Right now, I use chrome and Web Developer by Chris Pederick. It can be used with Firefox as well but, I like its operation with chrome.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    BTW, I used firebug for some time but I always look for anything more helpful. Right now, I use chrome and Web Developer by Chris Pederick. It can be used with Firefox as well but, I like its operation with chrome.
    Just installed it, looks good, my only issue is my knowledge of CSS, Firebug highlights the area in question, I suppose using them in conjunction with each other would work.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234