Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Store pick locations list is not showing

Hello I have an issue with the store pickup module after installing an upgrade. Now using 1.5.5a. I made sure the module was enabled in the shipping section of the admin, and entered a pickup location address. I actually ran a test purchase to see if it would show up. When directed to the thank you page, I see this:
    (MODULE_SHIPPING_STOREPICKUP_LOCATIONS_LIST) in the content of page. No location is actually listed. Any ideas why this is?

Any help would be appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Store pick locations list is not showing

Did you in this process disable, remove, and then reinstall the module after the upgrade?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

No, I did not. Do I need to?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by webmiss View Post
    No, I did not. Do I need to?
    That is one of the general directions for uploads, though I recently did see that one goal is to offer upgrades such that new settings are added without removing/installing the plugin again.

The constant described appears in the install of the latest version of ZC and should be seen in admin->modules->shipping for this module with the list "name" of Pickup Locations if it is installed.

Any existing settings will be lost, so be sure to document what they are/backup the database before the remove/reinstall process.

Plugin Contributions

All files from the new zc were uploaded and apparently that module comes with zencart. I removed and then re-installed it via the admin as suggested, but it did not make any difference. I looked at the current site, (the new upgrade is in a different directory) so I work on it without the current live site being affected in anyway. In the admin section, under shipping, the store pick up was enabled. But I did notice a difference between it and the upgraded site. The old zencart did not have an address to enter for pickup location. The new upgraded site admin>Modules>Shipping>Store Pick does have a place to add an address or more addresses, if needed. Could that be the problem? I imported the old database into the new database and maybe there is a table or a field that is new for the upgraded zencart, that is not in the old database .sql file. Any comments or suggestions?

Plugin Contributions

Sorry for the delayed response.

So, as I understand, the new version in the admin offers options that do not exist in the older version. That's expected and a reason for an upgrade (add functionality as well as improve operation, security, etc.) As far as the constant being displayed (not the value of the constant) as originally described, that is because somewhere (presumably in the database) that constant has not yet been defined. Stated that in working with the "site(s)" that the contents of the old database were imported to the new database. That is a normal step in the process of an upgrade, but the next action is expected to be an upgrade of that database through the use/reuse of the zc_install. Provided that at least 1 of 3 or 4 database indicators identify that the database is out-of-date, then an upgrade script is run to apply all of the changes that were made to the database from the version last detected. So, again these changes/additions would be expected to be applied through that upgrade.

Lastly, (for now), a consideration is to truly validate that on the store where the constant is being displayed, be sure that the database referenced in both the catalog and admin side are the same... it could be that the admin side is actually pointing to the old store instead of the new one and thus in admin it looks like everything is present, but on the store it is not. Otherwise, I've reread the previous message several times and am not clear about what problem is existing on what "version" of the store and what the current/expected conditions are...

Plugin Contributions

I apologize for not being as clear as I had intended. Okay, so this is the steps I took:

I backed up the old sites files and database.

I installed the new version of the zencart into a temporary subdomain and had created a brand new database for it.

I then imported the old database data into the new database after changing the prefix to match the new database.

Then I ran the install script and chose upgrade.

Is this where I went wrong?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by webmiss View Post
    I apologize for not being as clear as I had intended. Okay, so this is the steps I took:

I backed up the old sites files and database.

I installed the new version of the zencart into a temporary subdomain and had created a brand new database for it.

I then imported the old database data into the new database after changing the prefix to match the new database.

Then I ran the install script and chose upgrade.

Is this where I went wrong?
    Nothing specifically wrong with those actions for the overall "care" of the database, though did you really change all of the database records to use the new database's prefix or did you modify the new database's prefix to match the old prefix? That said, some of the individual modules require a little more attention. That is why the modules such as shipping and payment are suggested to be removed and reinstalled (though one could do some file comparisons of the old with the new to see if there are changes that would affect the database). Without following that process, the files will attempt to access/present data expected to be present and in this case will display the constant rather than the value of the constant.

Plugin Contributions

No, I definitely opened the old database .sql file in notepad, changed the pre-fix to match the new database prefix and saved it in another folder with a new name to match the new database name, then I imported it into the new database. I can take a look at the module files to make a comparison.

Plugin Contributions

So, what is the current state of affairs?

My understanding is, and correct me if I'm wrong, but you have a new database storage location with the new fileset, the old database has been imported to the new database, the database has been upgraded with zc_install. The module has been removed (not the file, just performed through the admin) and reinstalled. Now during checkout, are you still getting the presentation of the constant or is the issue resolved?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast