Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: accessing array value in for loop

A "Web page" location wouldn't help anyways, but to be sure it is understood. If in the exact place where you have the for loop, you instead assign the $email_array such that $email_array[0] has data, then it works the rest of the way through?

Do you do an assignment to $email_array to declare it before the for loop? Like:
    Code:
     $email_array = array();
    If the assignment of $email_array[0] related data is happening just before the processing of the email, then of course it will operate. The situation here is better "explained" by providing the code through which all this is processed or identifying things like where a function "group" exists if any, or that no function block exists between the two. Or, and going out on a limb, just before the email generation loop, like the line before, if you add global $email_array; might it fix the issue?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jeffiec View Post
    So the problem is that i cant access the 2 variables in the loop. If I echo $email_array[0]['email'] with the index hardcoded, it will give me the result [email protected], but the minute i put put in a variable for the index, $email_array[$x]['email'], the result is empty.
    Did you echo $x too? What you describe sounds like $x is something unexpected.
    And what about $snd_cnt ?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Did you echo $x too? What you describe sounds like $x is something unexpected.
    And what about $snd_cnt ?
    Yes, i echo'd them both, $x is empty, while $snd_cnt has the expected value.
    I haven't tried adding the global yet, will try that tomorrow and let you know if it solves it.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jeffiec View Post
    Yes, i echo'd them both, $x is empty, while $snd_cnt has the expected value.
    I haven't tried adding the global yet, will try that tomorrow and let you know if it solves it.
    If $x is empty then you've got even bigger problems, assuming you're echoing $x from inside the "for ($x=0; ...$x++)" loop.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Possibly the variable $x is getting clobbered somewhere else, if you're only showing part of your code? Maybe don't use array indexes - try this instead:

Code:
    foreach ($email_array as $email_addy) { 
        $send_to_name = $email_addy['name']; 
        $send_to_email = $email_addy['email'];  
    }
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

It seems to be going through the loop as i get errors that it cant send to "" blank field the correct number of times.
    I still haven't gotten around to trying to use $global yet. I have another issue i am making a post about before i can get back on this issue lol.

Plugin Contributions

Well ended up rewriting the page and it works now, must have been some loose code somewhere, mark this resolved.
    Thanks a ton
    Jeff

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12