Plugin Contributions

Default Attribute controller - error message when adding attribute values

I've been playing with the new v1..5.5. responsive version (and very nice it is too).
    I'm working on a clean install on my pc. I used XAmpp to load Apache and MySQL.
    Had no problems with the install and have manually added just two test products to play with.
    My problem comes when trying to set up attributes. On my live system (V1.3.9) I have just one Option name - "Price" and three option values - "Full", "Concession" and "concession n/a" - so far, so simple.
    When I try to set up the same on 1.5.5. I can create the 'Price' option name as a radio button, but when I attempt to save any option values I get the dreaded message "WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again."

The page reference is
    http://localhost/Cat2016/Myadminfile...s&value_page=1

I've tried replacing the option_name and option_value php files in admin without any success.

Any thoughts anyone please ?
    Tony

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Attribute controller - error message when adding attribute values

Check your /logs folder for the presence of files named myDEBUG-adm-*.log. One of those files will contain details regarding the "error".

Plugin Contributions

Yes, thanks for that. I've looked but there's nothing obvious (at least to me). The relevant bit appears to be :-

Accessed page [options_values_manager.php] with action=add_product_option_values. Review page_parameters and postdata for details.

stdClass Object
    (
    [option_id] => 1
    [value_id] => 1
    [value_name] => stdClass Object
    (
    [1] => new
    )

[products_options_values_sort_order] => 2
    )

THEN

Accessed page [options_values_manager.php
    Array
    (
    )
    Tony

Plugin Contributions

MORE.....
    Just done a completely new install (database and zencart) and this time the log shows a considerable amount of additional data compared to above .....

stdClass Object
    (
    [products_id] => 1
    [current_category_id] => 1
    [options_id] => 1
    [values_id] => Array
    (
    [0] => 1
    )

[price_prefix] => +
    [value_price] =>
    [products_attributes_weight_prefix] => +
    [products_attributes_weight] =>
    [products_options_sort_order] => 1
    [attributes_price_onetime] =>
    [attributes_price_factor] =>
    [attributes_price_factor_offset] =>
    [attributes_price_factor_onetime] =>
    [attributes_price_factor_onetime_offset] =>
    [attributes_qty_prices] =>
    [attributes_qty_prices_onetime] =>
    [attributes_price_words] =>
    [attributes_price_words_free] =>
    [attributes_price_letters] =>
    [attributes_price_letters_free] =>
    [attributes_display_only] => 0
    [product_attribute_is_free] => 1
    [attributes_default] => 1
    [attributes_discounted] => 1
    [attributes_price_base_included] => 1
    [attributes_required] => 0
    [img_dir] => attributes/
    [overwrite] => 1
    [products_attributes_filename] =>
    [products_attributes_maxdays] => 7
    [products_attributes_maxcount] => 5
    )

A mystery !
    Tony

Plugin Contributions

Neither of the logs you posted contains any error. Could you possible post the full contents of one of those logs (using the "CODE" tags, the # in the post-writing menu-bar, to "wrap" those contents)? You're looking for a .log file that contains either PHP Fatal error or PHP Error.

When posting, make sure to xxx-out your admin-folder's name!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your interest. I found this (below)which showed the problem. I used PHPMyadmin to delete the offending records from the products_options_values table and then re-entered the data. This time it worked like a charm. All useful learning experience but I'm glad I was using a 'play' file and not the production model :-)
    Thanks again

[11-Jul-2016 19:25:19 Europe/Berlin] Request URI: /Cat2016/adminXXXX/options_values_manager.php?action=add_product_option_values&value_page=1, IP address: ::1
    #1 trigger_error() called at [C:\xampp\htdocs\Cat2016\includes\classes\db\mysql\query_factory.php:167]
    #2 queryFactory->show_error() called at [C:\xampp\htdocs\Cat2016\includes\classes\db\mysql\query_factory.php:139]
    #3 queryFactory->set_error() called at [C:\xampp\htdocs\Cat2016\includes\classes\db\mysql\query_factory.php:266]
    #4 queryFactory->Execute() called at [C:\xampp\htdocs\Cat2016\adminXXX\options_values_manager.php:72]

[11-Jul-2016 19:25:19 Europe/Berlin] PHP Fatal error: 1062: Duplicate entry '1-1' for key 'PRIMARY' :: insert into products_options_values
    (products_options_values_id, language_id, products_options_values_name, products_options_values_sort_order)
    values ('1',
    '1',
    'new2 value',
    '4') ==> (as called by) C:\xampp\htdocs\Cat2016\adminXXX\options_values_manager.php on line 72 <== in C:\xampp\htdocs\Cat2016\includes\classes\db\mysql\query_factory.php on line 167
    Tony

Plugin Contributions

I'm glad that you found the reason that the "Error" message was displayed (and were able to recover), but I'm mystified as to how you "got to" the issue.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rustwood View Post
    I used PHPMyadmin to delete the offending records from the products_options_values table
    NOTE: If you delete records from products_options_values then you ALSO need to delete the CORRESPONDING records from products_options_values_to_products_options, else your data will be corrupt and unreliable.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you - noted. Not an issue for me as this is just a 'play' shop to practice on before committing to the upgrade. I'll probably create 3 or 4 versions on my laptop before boldly going forth with the real thing.
    Tony