Plugin Contributions

Default Flexible Footer Menu

If you look at the flexible footer here ...

www.jmdelisupplies.co.uk/index.php

You can see that the images used for the share and connect and also the payment methods are aligned to the right, if tried looking closely at the stylesheet but really can`t seem to fathom how to centralise these, I think my lack of FULLY understanding CSS is the issue LOL

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance :)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Flexible Footer Menu

I copied the code for the cc icons from includes/languages/English/extra_definitions/RespSheffieldBlue/responsive_sheff_blue_defines.php and pasted it into phpMyAdmin
    in the zen_flexible_footer_menu by editing the col_html_text column where the social icons appear - in my case, they show in the third column rather than the fourth as in the sample you linked. You can spot the location in the flexible footer pages - it is one of the two that has no page title, and you should be able to see the facebook code in the col_html_text column. Click the little pencil on the left margin to edit.

I prepared this in my text editor - Notepad++ and then copied and pasted from there. For some reason I end up with gobbelty gook if I type write into the database.

So here is what I put in:

Code:
    <a href="https://www.facebook.com/" target="_blank"><i class="fa fa-facebook"></i></a><a href="https://www.twitter.com/" target="_blank"><i class="fa fa-twitter"></i></a><a href="https://www.pinterest.com/" target="_blank"><i class="fa fa-pinterest"></i></a></p>
    <i class="fa fa-cc-paypal"></i><i class="fa fa-cc-mastercard"></i><i class="fa fa-cc-visa"></i>
    Note the </p> before the credit cards bit - this puts a white space between those icons and social media icons.

You can see on my site link in my signature.

I presume you could add a 4th column for this by fiddling in the same table, but I've not tried that.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by soxophoneplayer View Post
    I copied the code for the cc icons from includes/languages/English/extra_definitions/RespSheffieldBlue/responsive_sheff_blue_defines.php and pasted it into phpMyAdmin
    in the zen_flexible_footer_menu by editing the col_html_text column where the social icons appear - in my case, they show in the third column rather than the fourth as in the sample you linked. You can spot the location in the flexible footer pages - it is one of the two that has no page title, and you should be able to see the facebook code in the col_html_text column. Click the little pencil on the left margin to edit.

I prepared this in my text editor - Notepad++ and then copied and pasted from there. For some reason I end up with gobbelty gook if I type write into the database.

So here is what I put in:

Code:
    <a href="https://www.facebook.com/" target="_blank"><i class="fa fa-facebook"></i></a><a href="https://www.twitter.com/" target="_blank"><i class="fa fa-twitter"></i></a><a href="https://www.pinterest.com/" target="_blank"><i class="fa fa-pinterest"></i></a></p>
    <i class="fa fa-cc-paypal"></i><i class="fa fa-cc-mastercard"></i><i class="fa fa-cc-visa"></i>
    Note the </p> before the credit cards bit - this puts a white space between those icons and social media icons.

You can see on my site link in my signature.

I presume you could add a 4th column for this by fiddling in the same table, but I've not tried that.
    I'm not using the built in social media like you as I wanted the icons below each other so I created a new page and did them individually. What I want to do is just centralise everything in the footer, I just don`t know how.
    Last edited by MCS_Computers; 12 Jul 2016 at 04:55 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Just as an update ...

I have created new pages in the flexible footer options to create a different social media column and also payment options column. I have used images instead of text and the images are aligned to the right in both columns, logic tells me that it is like that so you can have the option to add text which would be to the left of the image. I have scoured the internet without finding a solution. I have included a picture for reference, any advice welcome

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	316 
Size:	14.8 KB 
ID:	16487

All I want to do is centralise or align left these 2 rows.

Plugin Contributions

The icons are centered. It's the H4 headings that are not centered but left justified. This is a problem for columns 3 and 4 where you want centering.
    You can use
    Code:
    .ffCcol3 h4, .ffCcol4 h4{text-align:center;}
    as long as it is AFTER line 410 of your stylesheet.css

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    The icons are centered. It's the H4 headings that are not centered but left justified. This is a problem for columns 3 and 4 where you want centering.
    You can use
    Code:
    .ffCcol3 h4, .ffCcol4 h4{text-align:center;}
    as long as it is AFTER line 410 of your stylesheet.css
    Done this but still the same ??

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by MCS_Computers View Post
    Done this but still the same ??
    Scrap that mate, before I added this I backed up the stylesheet.css, after I done the edit I left the backup in the css folder and named it stylesheet_orig.css

I then posted back to you saying it did not work, I loaded up Firebug and went to the footer to have a look and there was reference saying it was still using not only the stylesheet.css but also the backup too ?? I deleted my backup, refreshed the page and VOILA it worked, hows it possible to use a file I`ve renamed ??

Anyway thank you soooooo much m8 you`re a star ;)

Plugin Contributions

ANYTHING ending in .css WILL execute if it's in the css folder. There are several folders like that in Zen Cart.
    It's also a bad idea to use .old or .bak as they violate PCI rules.
    I always suggest using your initials as the file extension. That way you don't have to worry about it firing or PCI. stylesheet.mcs would have worked great.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    ANYTHING ending in .css WILL execute if it's in the css folder. There are several folders like that in Zen Cart.
    It's also a bad idea to use .old or .bak as they violate PCI rules.
    I always suggest using your initials as the file extension. That way you don't have to worry about it firing or PCI. stylesheet.mcs would have worked great.
    Didn`t know that mate, thx for the info ;)

Plugin Contributions

I installed 155f but no footer menu showing, i tried to set it up but nothing shows.

this is how one of the pages is setup, is it correct?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flexFooterMenue.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	32.9 KB 
ID:	17969