Plugin Contributions

Default how to switch Admin Demo Status off

For finding how to customize the name of admin folder, I use Search Configuration Keys to search "admin" and find a configuration key as "Admin Demo Status". Then I click the item, and a new page was loaded as "Module Options". After set it as "1", a message was apperaed on the top of the page as "Admin Demo is currently Active. Some settings are will be disabled". When I try to set it back as "0", I found I couldn't switch it back. A message shown on the top as "Admin Demo is Active ... the feature(s) you are trying to perform have been disabled".
    My questions are:
    1. How to customize the name of admin folder?
    2. How to switch the "Admin Demo Status" back to "0"?
    3. Where is the entrance of the "Module Options"? I couldn't find it in the top navigation.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: how to switch Admin Demo Status off

On a fresh install, the Demo Mode is always disabled. In fact, I don't think there's any option to even turn it on.

To rename your admin folder, just use your FTP program and rename it. Zen Cart doesn't require any special configuration for the admin foldername since v151.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Just did a search of ZC 1.5.5 and also didn't find a database setting of ADMIN_DEMO being present. It is referenced throughout the code as part of placing the store ina demo status, but either need to find the file that has a define with the constant 'ADMIN_DEMO' or need to remove that configuration value from your database/set it to '0'. If it is in your database then you should be able to find it using phpmyadmin.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by su35 View Post
    For finding how to customize the name of admin folder, I use Search Configuration Keys to search "admin"
    Better to search the FAQs, where you'll find the instructions: How do I rename my Admin folder to prevent unauthorized access?

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    On a fresh install, the Demo Mode is always disabled. In fact, I don't think there's any option to even turn it on.

To rename your admin folder, just use your FTP program and rename it. Zen Cart doesn't require any special configuration for the admin foldername since v151.
    There is a option to set "Admin Demo Status" on a page titled as "Module Options" (http://domain/admin/configuration.php?gID=6&cID=364). But there is no entrance in the top navigation.

As mc12345678 mentioned, I found this option in database (configuration_id: 364).

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

There is a option to set "Admin Demo Status" on a page titled as "Module Options" (http://domain/admin/configuration.php?gID=6&cID=364). But there is no entrance in the top navigation.

As mc12345678 mentioned, I found this option in database (configuration_id: 364).
    I suspect that if you inspect closely you'll find that was added by a Numinix plugin that you added to your site, and is not part of Zen Cart itself.
    Contact Numinix for support of their plugins.

Plugin Contributions

Right, the Module Options are "hidden" from the menu's display because the majority of those settings are controlled by other processes and should not be directly edited.