Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Help Needed with Easy Populate 4.0.35.

When I upload my csv file to my store I am getting what is show on the image below which I generated on Easy Populate. Now if i was to make up my own csv file using the same v_products_model and so on would it work? Can you use excel as that is what I have and save the file as csv?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EasyPopulate.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	57.6 KB 
ID:	16498
    Last edited by LittleAngell52; 17 Jul 2016 at 02:52 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Help Needed with Easy Populate 4.0.35.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleAngell52 View Post
    When I upload my csv file to my store I am getting what is show on the image below which I generated on Easy Populate. Now if i was to make up my own csv file using the same v_products_model and so on would it work?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EasyPopulate.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	57.6 KB 
ID:	16498
    As identified in the Ep4 forum thread a recent update was pushed that allowed stores without the original suggested/required software to use EP4. There was a coding bug introduced. The bug patch was posted, it also has been incorporated into a github version of the software that is to be uploaded to ZC. That version can be found at https://github.com/mc12345678/EasyPo...e/v4.0.35.ZC.1 and from there downloaded as the patch to the above "issue" (which also would be resolved if the host had multi-byte related software installed) as well as some other minor things.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

mc12345678 I saw your pm and that is the version I have up on my store. I have been trying to get this plugin for ages and cos I got a new computer I had realized that the update has been out since April. I just cant undersand why it skipped everything.
    Last edited by LittleAngell52; 17 Jul 2016 at 03:01 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by LittleAngell52 View Post
    mc12345678 I saw your pm and that is the version I have up on my store. I have been trying to get this plugin for ages and cos I got a new computer I had realized that the update has been out since April. I just cant undersand why it skipped everything.
    Well, it would seem likely to be related to the import file as it seems that almost the entire text of the row is being considered as the v_products_model field...

And actually when looking at the fuzzy picture closer, it appears that it is complaining that the v_products_model field is too long, not as reported in the forum where the category field was too long...

The screen output (SKIPPED! - Model: %s - Products model exceeds max. length: %s) is supposed to show the model information and the expected size. Above, it looks like the model information is a very long line of text... This has to do with the import file typically, which may relate to how it was generated...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Well, it would seem likely to be related to the import file as it seems that almost the entire text of the row is being considered as the v_products_model field...

And actually when looking at the fuzzy picture closer, it appears that it is complaining that the v_products_model field is too long, not as reported in the forum where the category field was too long...

The screen output (SKIPPED! - Model: %s - Products model exceeds max. length: %s) is supposed to show the model information and the expected size. Above, it looks like the model information is a very long line of text... This has to do with the import file typically, which may relate to how it was generated...
    Yes it has been all quashed together and why I don't know. So I have got the file open in excel and I am copying each cell on line 1 and send you the blank csv file just to make sure its correct then if you ok it I will then will use that as a template.

Plugin Contributions

This is what I am getting in each Cell
    v_products_model,v_products_type,v_products_image,v_products_name_1,v_products_d escription_1,v_products_url_1,v_specials_price,v_specials_date_avail,v_specials_ expires_date,v_products_price,v_products_weight,v_product_is_call,v_products_sor t_order,v_products_quantity_order_min,v_products_quantity_order_units,v_products _priced_by_attribute,v_product_is_always_free_shipping,v_date_avail,v_date_added ,v_products_quantity,v_manufacturers_name,v_categories_name_1,v_tax_class_title, v_status,v_metatags_products_name_status,v_metatags_title_status,v_metatags_mode l_status,v_metatags_price_status,v_metatags_title_tagline_status,v_metatags_titl e_1,v_metatags_keywords_1,v_metatags_description_1 I thought I would post this so you can see it.

Plugin Contributions

Meaning one cell has all of that? or the data has been taken from text to columns?

One thing of note, Excel does not make it easy to save in UTF-8 CSV format. Open Office and I think there is another open source product that does make it easy. Typical process of using Excel with EP4 includes saving it in one format, then opening it up with another application to save it as another, ultimately so that all of the proper "markings" are applied. Unfortunately an Excel handler has not been built into EP4, but that is not to say that it can't be used... Suggest an internet search on 'export Excel to UTF-8 CSV format'.

Plugin Contributions

Meaning one cell has all of that? or the data has been taken from text to columns?

One thing of note, Excel does not make it easy to save in UTF-8 CSV format. Open Office and I think there is another open source product that does make it easy. Typical process of using Excel with EP4 includes saving it in one format, then opening it up with another application to save it as another, ultimately so that all of the proper "markings" are applied. Unfortunately an Excel handler has not been built into EP4, but that is not to say that it can't be used... Suggest an internet search on 'export Excel to UTF-8 CSV format'.
    Yes that is what I mean. I do know that excel does save as CSV but it not a problem to use open office as I downloaded it last night. So I am trying to split everything out into the correct groups and upload it to my store.
    Last edited by LittleAngell52; 17 Jul 2016 at 04:26 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Full-EP2016Jul17-090959.zip I have just added the easy populate file so you could see what it looked like

Plugin Contributions

Well the last file I uploaded was the file that Easy Populate created. Now here is the file I created can you check if I did this correct I have added 2 of my products to the file and I don't want to carry on and find out that i gone wrong some where.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast