Plugin Contributions

Default How do I get the tab on my browser to say something other than Zencart?

I am at a loss on this one. How do you edit the browser tab to say something other than Zen Cart, the Art of E-co...

I am using the e-start Your Web store with Zen Cart 4th edition and can find no help there.

I am not yet using a template and it is a fresh install.

Any, help would be appreciated..

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do I get the tab on my browser to say something other than Zencart?

First off, if you are making changes/additions to template and language files in your store ... you have chosen a template. You're just making your changes to one of the default templates, ensuring that your next Zen Cart upgrade is going to be more difficult than it needs to be.

Decide whether you're going to use the responsive_classic or classic templates as a base and clone that template. You'll need to take some time to copy the changes that you've made directly to the built-in template folders and the language-file folders into their respective template-override ones. You can refer to the Zen Cart Overrides Cheatsheet (still valid for Zen Cart 1.5.5) for more information.

All that said, the text you're looking to change is present in /includes/languages/english/meta_tags.php. Best practice is to copy that default file to your template-override folder (/includes/languages/english/YOUR_TEMPLATE) and make your edits there (after you've decided on a template name).

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do I get the tab on my browser to say something other than Zencart?

Thanks for that it works. Now how do I know what template I am using?

Plugin Contributions

I'm going to guess that you'll want a responsive template for your store, so you'll clone the responsive_classic template. That cloning process will copy all your current edits to files in a folder whose name ends with /responsive_classic/.

During that cloning process (see Clone a Template plugin's support thread for additional information), you'll pick a folder-name for your cloned version. That name (bscho_rc, for example) is now your template, so whenever you see a reference in plugins' installation instructions and/or within postings on the Zen Cart forums to a YOUR_TEMPLATE folder, you'll think bscho_rc.

The more difficult part is now to review any changes you've made to the /includes/templates/template_default and /includes/languages/english folders' files (and possibly others?) and copy those changed files into their template-override folders. You can use that override cheat-sheet to see what folders are targets for template-overrides.

One relatively easy way to "know" if you've made a change to one of those files is to sort the folders by last-date-changed. The majority of the files are going to have the same (within a couple of seconds, anyway) date -- those are the ones that you didn't change.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bscho View Post
    Thanks for that it works. Now how do I know what template I am using?
    Admin-> Tools -> Template Selection
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.