Plugin Contributions

Default Display Product Price after Specials Added

Hello,

I wanted to mark a few items with discounts and when using the Specials for the first time found there were a few areas that needed tweaking to make sure they displayed properly with the changes we have made to the site. Most were fine to fix but I am struggling with the product page.

With the added "Save: ##% off" line it pushed the buttons down out of the box, the simple solution was to remove a br/ from tpl_product_info_display.php and while this worked fine for the items on offer (http://www.paradeantiques.co.uk/chin...amel-snuff-box), all the other products have a line missing and things have closed up to the price. See here: http://www.paradeantiques.co.uk/anti...-enamel-bosses

I thought this could be fixed by adding a br again after the normal price so it was only used when the normal price was called, but I am struggling to find the right place for this. Could anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks.
    Alex

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Display Product Price after Specials Added

While I don't have access to proper tools at the moment to provide detailed assistance, one thing you could do is use css to hide the <br />s that are associated with display of a specials price. This way only the specials priced product would be missing the <br /> and wouldn't necessarily have to adjust the template. Plus, if one works backwards too far in removing the <br /> other aspects throughout the site might get negatively affected.

Css related tools are available in all (or at least the super large majority of) PC browsers by pressing F12 on your keyboard.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

That sounds like a better way to go about it. I'd much prefer to use an exception in the small number of cases than have to use it for the rest. I will look into using css to remove br/ and hopefully it will be more successful than pouring over function_prices.php! Should be easy seeing .productPriceDiscount is already in place.

Thank you!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by AlexSC View Post
    That sounds like a better way to go about it. I'd much prefer to use an exception in the small number of cases than have to use it for the rest. I will look into using css to remove br/ and hopefully it will be more successful than pouring over function_prices.php! Should be easy seeing .productPriceDiscount is already in place.

Thank you!
    As a side note and I know it's "just one" css "entry", but take a look at the css guidance in the readme of: includes/templates/template_default/css.

The css rule need not be pushed to a browser in every condition/every page, but obviously in the product_info and related pages...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...