Plugin Contributions

Default SBA 1.5.4 when out of stock no message.

We installed Stock by Attribute combined_master (ver 1.5.4) We only use it for inventory purposes. All our attributes are actually the same price. If a customer tries to add an out of stock product to the cart and it is the "first" item being added to the cart, no message is displayed. The page goes immediately to the shopping cart page and says Your cart is empty. It doesn't say why. If there is already a product in the cart, an out of stock message is displayed and everything is fine.
    The out of stock text also does not appear on the product page for an out of stock item. We are using the SBA Select List (dropdown) basic Not radio buttons.
    Did we miss something in the install? or is this a bug?
    Can anyone help me fix it? Customers are calling because the item didn't go in the cart and the site appears to be broken.
    Thank you

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: SBA 1.5.4 when out of stock no message.

Quote Originally Posted by rebecca_L View Post
    We installed Stock by Attribute combined_master (ver 1.5.4) We only use it for inventory purposes. All our attributes are actually the same price. If a customer tries to add an out of stock product to the cart and it is the "first" item being added to the cart, no message is displayed. The page goes immediately to the shopping cart page and says Your cart is empty. It doesn't say why. If there is already a product in the cart, an out of stock message is displayed and everything is fine.
    The out of stock text also does not appear on the product page for an out of stock item. We are using the SBA Select List (dropdown) basic Not radio buttons.
    Did we miss something in the install? or is this a bug?
    Can anyone help me fix it? Customers are calling because the item didn't go in the cart and the site appears to be broken.
    Thank you
    When was the software downloaded from the location? There was a problem with this at one point, thought it had gotten fixed.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

As commented in the other post (but no link was added to it) these two are relatively the same or at least relate to the same base program.

Further, ideally this issue would be discussed/addressed in the forum thread related to the "current" version of stock by attributes. The reason the "download" is called stock by attributes combined is because previously development targetted a single version of ZC, then a second area was made to target a different version of ZC, then yet another version of ZC came along, so you can see how managing three different areas could become difficult. So effort was made to put them all together, identify what file(s) had to be addressed separately for each version and provide a consistent application for all ZC versions whether that current method is liked/appreciated or otherwise.

Anyways, in that other thread I identified that the software worked as expected on a ZC 1.5.5 site. During the testing I came across something.

If your store is setup to not allow adding out-of-stock product to the cart, then when using the basic SBA dropdown, the option should not be selectable (at least under the current coding) and therefore the above issue would not occur to begin with as out-of-stock product would not be able to be added to the cart.

The only way I am able to select a product that is out-of-stock when using that type dropdown is to allow stock to go negative (configuration->stock, something like prevent adding out-of-stock set to false) and then the product appears in the cart and has an out-of-stock message.

The differences between ZC 1.5.3 and 1.5.5 with regards to adding product to the cart are in the includes/modules/pages/shopping_cart/header_php.php files. These files don't affect the ability to select the product on the product_info page. It does/would/could affect how the cart responds when a product is added to the cart if it is allowed to be added.

Although I haven't gone and yet tested this against an older version of ZC and recommend upgrading your cart, I would also suggest downloading the latest version of that plugin and reinstalling it. You won't lose your existing variants if you simply install and upgrade. If you remove everything then you will lose the variant table so I don't suggest doing that and the current install/upgrade process does support keeping that data. It will however, reset the SBA added settings in the configuration table back to the defaults. This is something I'd like to correct in the future, but it is issues like this that have to be sure not to exist. Then things can get fancy.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you. I will look into your responses. the SBA module software was downloaded on June 6, 2016. The ZC was in April 2015 and is titled zen-cart-v1.5.3(hotfix1)-07192014

Plugin Contributions

BTW, guessing that you may have downloaded SBA again; however, about 8 hours ago a minor update was pushed to the github storage location. It primarily addressed an issue badarac had discovered which has been incorporated in the file found in includes/functions/extra_functions. So if you download and place that file in its correct location, you should be good to go. There were some other template modifications incorporated but those were to line up the SBA provided ones with the applicable ZC versions a little better (less differences identified when using comparison software).

Plugin Contributions

I guess I'm still having trouble with all the different locations of the software. I went here
    https://github.com/mc12345678/Stock_...attributes.php

I copied and pasted (couldn't find how to download) the includes/functions/extra_functions/products_with_attributes.php

I uploaded this file but it didn't help. The size with 0 stock still showed up in the dropdown and when I click "add to cart" it display Cart is empty. I feel like I'm missing something. each product is marked "in stock" on the product page. In the SBA size large is 0. The other sizes have stock. I have tried it with the "Product priced by attribute" marked yes and no on the product page but it didn't make a difference.
    Can you give me a link to download the whole SBA again? Maybe I just need to start over.
    If you want to look try http://periwinklesclothing.com/12-34...-42-p-200.html
    The size large is 0 in the SBA adnun,

Plugin Contributions

What are your settings in the configuration->stock area?

Full download is: https://github.com/mc
    12345678/Stock_By_Attributes_Combined/archive/master.zip

With the fileset available for "viewing" at: https://github.com/mc12345678/Stock_...utes_Combined/

Plugin Contributions

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  20.0 KB

I hope this capture comes through. I downloaded the version you suggested and will start the compare. It really looks daunting. I didn't like doing it the first time and to do it again ....ugh!.
    If you see something obvious that may save me some trouble, please let me know.
    I'll start comparing code tomorrow.

Plugin Contributions

I was hoping to see that allow checkout was set to true as that would prevent display of the out-of-stock message.

Is the variant for large populated and given a quantity of 0 or is it not in your list of variants? (if posting an image, be sure your admin directory is not included in view.)

As far as uploading files, I can't think of anything specifically related to this issue that would be in any of the merged files with ZC code other than the includes/modules/YOUR_TEMPLATE/attributes.php file and the includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates/tpl_modules_attributes_default.php files.

This basically means I suggest that you upload the base includes and admin directories from the downloaded package and then test. If you have interest you could see what changes were applied between June 6th and now, but otherwise those files represent the core of SBA and then the two files mentioned above (which are both in the "core" files) and upload of those, a "reinstall" from the admin would put things up to the latest operation.

Let me know how it goes or if/when installed so that can take a look possibly.

Plugin Contributions

Something else that I just realized and a "reason" to verify the installation) is that with the settings shown above, the remaining quantity of each attribute should be showing in the dropdown. So would question what if any edits were made to the attributes.php file. Seemed that in the other thread there was a statement about commenting out the (+0.00) text.

BTW, after writing my previous message I went back to look at the differences between what likely existed on/around June 6th and now and did find a number of file changes. Some were to simply improve on centralized usage of code, others to add features that seemed appropriate to the operation.

I didn't see anything in the version dependent files that would prevent operation, but there are some code improvements, so if the above testing is succussful, then I would suggest incorporating the version specific changes as well.