Plugin Contributions

Default Copy Option value from one Option name to another - Failing

I'm attempting to use the admin feature found on the Option Name Manager page found at the very bottom:
    Copy ALL Option Values to another Option Name

When I first used it, it gave me this error: WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again.
    It would only copy about 1/3 of the 30 or so option values. If I happened to hit refresh on that page as instructed, it would create additional copies of those values. I deleted that option name, and created a fresh one. Now I get the same error but it does nothing. Not a single value is copied from one Option name to the next.

I am creating bundled kits and I need the color list for each component, is there a work around to prevent me from having to manually fill 30+ option values 8 times over?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Copy Option value from one Option name to another - Failing

Whenever you see that message, there's a myDEBUG*.log file waiting in your /logs folder to tell you what the details of the issue are. You can review this FAQ article for additional information.

Since the error's occurring on the admin side, the log file's name is going to be like myDEBUG-adm-*.log and the errors referenced will contain your secret-admin-folder's name. If you post the contents of a file, use the "CODE" tags (the # in the menu-bar when you're writing your post) to wrap the file's contents ... after you xxx-out that folder name (which might appear multiple times).

Plugin Contributions

It would also be of value to discuss the setup of your system (ie the answers to the questions of the posting tips.) Knowing things like what version of ZC is being used, whether the current version is an upgrade from a previous, if so how it was upgraded, etc...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    It would also be of value to discuss the setup of your system (ie the answers to the questions of the posting tips.) Knowing things like what version of ZC is being used, whether the current version is an upgrade from a previous, if so how it was upgraded, etc...
    I apologize. I am running a fresh install of version 1.5.5. When you make a new post here, there is a drop down box with the versions listed in it, I assumed that it would display on my post, otherwise that seems like a somewhat pointless drop down. Which based on what I see on my original post, seems to be the case.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Kcin View Post
    I apologize. I am running a fresh install of version 1.5.5. When you make a new post here, there is a drop down box with the versions listed in it, I assumed that it would display on my post, otherwise that seems like a somewhat pointless drop down. Which based on what I see on my original post, seems to be the case.
    You might be surprised about how some peoplle interept the meaning of the dropdown. Have had answers from I didn't know so I took a guess, to last year when it was installed it was the latest offered, so it must be the most recent, to oh that version? No I'm running version (many years ago).

But, and perhaps it was an oversite on suggesting which of the many posting tips to discuss, the first thing identified from that is the fresh install of the version. So does that mean that the database is the demo products, was a blank database or an import/upgraded database?

Of course after all this, a question that would actually give much more information than any of the questions I've asked is what mydebug logs were generated and their content (hiding sensitive info like admin folder name)? All the rest of the stuff just frames the issue, the logs provide what the issue is.

Plugin Contributions

But, and perhaps it was an oversite on suggesting which of the many posting tips to discuss, the first thing identified from that is the fresh install of the version. So does that mean that the database is the demo products, was a blank database or an import/upgraded database?
    No demo products. All the products currently in the catalog were created manually.

Of course after all this, a question that would actually give much more information than any of the questions I've asked is what mydebug logs were generated and their content (hiding sensitive info like admin folder name)? All the rest of the stuff just frames the issue, the logs provide what the issue is.
    So as I was copying the logs to to past them here. I found the problem. For anyone else that might run into the issue, you cannot use an apostrophe S in a value name. In my case I was using 1950's to describe a color, and it was breaking something in the sql construct. I changed it to 1950s and now it's working fine.

Plugin Contributions

You can, or should be able to if you escape it: \'

but generally speaking, yeah not a character that plays well. :)

I did test the above escape sequence in an option name to show that it works.

Plugin Contributions

Cool, I'll give that a shot as well. Thank you!