Plugin Contributions

Have a Drink Can I have my customer custom-design their products?

Hope I posted this in the right spot,..I'm working on ZC on localhost and am trying to find a plugin? that will let me display a product and let the customer custom design what they want.
    It's not t-shirts but let me use that as an example.
    1 - Customer is able to choose size
    2. then visually customer is able to pick a color for item
    3. customer is able to pick a design to add
    4. customer is able to add a text monagram being able to pick the font.

Is there any way I am able to accomplish this feat? I know there are plugins to do this on a wp platform, but wanna stay away from wp.

Thanks for any help.
    Brent

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Attributes?

Umm. Most of this seems like just selecting attributes that have been assigned or are uploaded by the customer... a little jquery or javascript and you have things changing on the fly... not saying easy, but certainly doable.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Umm. Most of this seems like just selecting attributes that have been assigned or are uploaded by the customer... a little jquery or javascript and you have things changing on the fly... not saying easy, but certainly doable.
    Thanks for the insight......not easy that figures haha, cause I dont know code and stuff, all I can do is pretty much play with css,design and follow instructions. To break it down exactly what I am after is, very similar to what I explained with t-shirts.

We sell Stainless Tumblers, and want to be able to make it to where customer can see
    1. tumbler
    2. set base color as desired and see it
    3. choose a design for the cup and see it on their colored cup
    4. choose and see their monogram and font selection on that design.

Of course price is variant on how much design they want. Some want plain, some color, some color and design etc.

This is way more complicated for me to pull of I know. Even if it could be done setting attributes I'm not sure I could do it as I have Never messed with that before. But yes, changing on the fly is what I am after..

Thank you very much for your help!
    Brent
    Last edited by Hollywood691; 25 Jul 2016 at 05:06 PM.

Plugin Contributions

So actually, the thing(s) missing in a default ZC store to provide what you are looking are the applicable image swap options to occur when you select each of the items from the attribute list...

Depending on your resulting complexity of an image, there already exists some of this, but whomever does the coding would have to roll up their sleeves a little.

So, here's the basic thought and a t-shirt or other "flat" object works well with this, otherwise you have to direct some fancy imagery with one or more images.

You have a product. Consider that a base image.
    Now you have your options. Each option adds a picture to the overlay with a sequence such that you can use z-index on each image to "progressively" layer your images. This does require a bit of css "play" so that all images are based off of a single reference point rather than being next to, above, or below that single image (the base product).

Your attributes are associated with the product. Continuing with your t-shirt example, there are colors in which that style of product is available. From catalog->attribute controller, you add the option name of color. Option names and values associated with that option name are added/controlled by the respective option type controller also in the catalog dropdown.

So in the attribute controller you add the option name of color and all applicable option values for that particular product. It is also possible to associate a specific image with each attribute selection from the attributes controller.
    The "tough" one would be the uploaded image that the customer may already want applied. That would have to first be uploaded and then referenced/moved as necessary.

The overlay could be controlled through jQuery, Ajax, javascript, etc...

In the "short-term" you could at least setup a test product, add options to it, and while the extra work would still be needed for the image swap/overlay you would have a rough presentation of your final goal.

Check the FAQ area about attributes. That really is the start of what you are attempting from what I can see.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Ok, I will start reading and try to learn what and how to use the attributes first to get a handle on all of this......then move to finding someone to help me implement it with jquery or what ever it takes to make the image overlays work properly ( I think thats what your telling me). Thanks again very much for your time and help.

Brent

Plugin Contributions

Did you get anywhere with this?
    Im thinking it may be a case of dropping this into the HTML somehow