Portishead, North Somerset, United Kingdom
    Plugin Contributions

Default Client to update Order Status themselves if certain criteria met.

Hi All,

I'm looking to see if this is possible. I'm looking for clients to be able to update their own order status from within their own account order page (not admin). I want it restricted so that they can only edit the order status if it meets certain criteria.

For example:

I have a list or order statuses, such as
    - Processing Order
    - Order on Proof
    - Proof Approved
    - Proof Rejected
    - Order Dispatched

An example of functionality would be:
    If order status is 'Order on Proof', show edit status dropdown menu. The client could then update to either 'Proof Approved' or 'Proof Rejected' with all the standard functionality that you would usually have in admin.

Does anyone know what files I'd need to look at for this customisation, or if this is even possible/safe from the clients order admin panel.

Thanks

Matt

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Client to update Order Status themselves if certain criteria met.

You're looking to change the behavior of the account_history_info page (where an order's details are visible to the customer). There are a couple of files that you'll need to change to effect the behavior you desire:

/includes/modules/pages/account_history_info/header_php.php

You'll use this module to add the changes to detect whether the user's able to change their status and to intercept/process any updates that the customer has made via change to the status dropdown displayed by the template file.

/includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates/tpl_account_history_info_default.php

This module's change will detect the indication set by the header file to determine whether to create/display a form to allow the order's status to be changed.

Plugin Contributions

I may have the code for you from a previous project I did. Let me check for you tonight when I am home again.

Portishead, North Somerset, United Kingdom
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Design75 View Post
    I may have the code for you from a previous project I did. Let me check for you tonight when I am home again.
    That would be amazing if you have the code already! Let me know when you get a chance.