Plugin Contributions

Default Winchester Black responsive - looking for Social media icon flexible footer fix

Hi, I am new to Zen Cart Forum and LOVE the picaflor templates...

I did a new fresh install of the Zen 1.55a and Winchester Black responsive...
    Followed the directions to change the Social Media Links per the Read Me...all the icons disappeared and now just html text shows in it's place...

Is there a Post with a fix for this somewhere, I have searched for hours through the threads...
    Any help would be great!!

Thanks to all the Programmers for the great eCommerce platform and to Anne for all her creativity!! KUDOS! and
    Thanks in Advance for any help on this!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Winchester Black responsive - looking for Social media icon flexible footer fix

Quote Originally Posted by MattA66 View Post
    Hi, I am new to Zen Cart Forum and LOVE the picaflor templates...

I did a new fresh install of the Zen 1.55a and Winchester Black responsive...
    Followed the directions to change the Social Media Links per the Read Me...all the icons disappeared and now just html text shows in it's place...

Is there a Post with a fix for this somewhere, I have searched for hours through the threads...
    Any help would be great!!

Thanks to all the Programmers for the great eCommerce platform and to Anne for all her creativity!! KUDOS! and
    Thanks in Advance for any help on this!
    I just ran into this same problem on the Winchester Responsive template. Following the instructions to edit the social media links in admin/tools/flexible footer. When added the database the < > " are converted to &LT; &GT; &QUOTE;.

I haven't dug into the cause, I just edited the col_html_text field text in the flexible_footer_menu table in the database with the correct html.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Winchester Black responsive - looking for Social media icon flexible footer fix

Has anyone solved this problem yet? I have the same issue in my footer on my site. That is when you modify the social icons and save, it converts the output to HTML instead of displaying properly. You can see the image I provided:

Name:  html_issue.jpg
Views: 678
Size:  24.2 KB
    Building a better web, one site at a time: Dayton Web Design

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Since that's an issue with the Flexible Footer plugin, see that plugins' support thread: https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....68#post1308468

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you Dr. Byte. I ended up fixing the HTML dirctly in the database as trying to upgrade was a nightmare (at least for me). If anyone is seeing this and has difficulty in trying to upgrade Flexible Footer Menu, you can find this table in phpMyAdmin: Flexible Footer Menu and just update the HTML directly in the database. Its not the proper way, but it's a work around if you have too. This is what worked for me.
    Building a better web, one site at a time: Dayton Web Design

Plugin Contributions

It looks like problem has been around for a while, but I still see this issue. To work around I have to go to the database directly and edit. Has a solution been found yet? It seems like the editor adds additional hidden characters to the HTML.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by arj3090 View Post
    It looks like problem has been around for a while, but I still see this issue. To work around I have to go to the database directly and edit. Has a solution been found yet? It seems like the editor adds additional hidden characters to the HTML.
    I restored the 'Share and Connect' page html to exactly what the installer loaded, but I'm still not seeing the icons. What did you do to fix the problem?

Plugin Contributions

Never mind, I figured it out. The text that ends up in the menu needs to be substituted for what's in the flexible foot table field, not what the installer loaded.

Plugin Contributions

Test this carefully too - IIRC, in some versions the sanitizer clobbers what you enter in that field.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by swguy View Post
    Test this carefully too - IIRC, in some versions the sanitizer clobbers what you enter in that field.
    No sanitizers when you enter it directly into the database. But I wonder if that's what is happening when it's entered via the flexible footer menu. It's working perfectly for me.