Page 144 of 279 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146154194244 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 2784
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: One-Page Checkout [Support Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Just follow the zc155e upgrade instructions documented here. You'll need to add a couple of notifications to the PayPal Express Checkout payment method, too (see the section in that documentation just above the link I posted).
    You are pointing to the instructions for Zen Cart 1.5.4, 1.5.5, 1.5.5a-f, (under the Perform Required Edits) but there is also, a bit higher on the page, instructions for Zen Cart 1.5.5b-f (under the Installation), and even more at the beginning, there is this mention:

If you are upgrading an existing OPC installation from a version prior to v2.0.0, you'll need to uninstall that previous version and perform a fresh installation of OPC v2.1.0.

And the uninstallation instructions indicate to delete the files and then run the SQL patches.

So back to my original question: How do I know which files to delete before running the SQL patches?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by CaroleAs View Post
    You are pointing to the instructions for Zen Cart 1.5.4, 1.5.5, 1.5.5a-f, (under the Perform Required Edits) but there is also, a bit higher on the page, instructions for Zen Cart 1.5.5b-f (under the Installation), and even more at the beginning, there is this mention:

If you are upgrading an existing OPC installation from a version prior to v2.0.0, you'll need to uninstall that previous version and perform a fresh installation of OPC v2.1.0.

And the uninstallation instructions indicate to delete the files and then run the SQL patches.

So back to my original question: How do I know which files to delete before running the SQL patches?
    You're correct, I'd forgotten that the changes going from pre-v2.0.0 to the current version were too many to support as an upgrade.

Here's a link to the plugin's GitHub repository, identifying the changes/additions/removals going from OPC v1.4.0 to the currently-released version: https://github.com/lat9/one_page_che...r?diff=unified

Plugin Contributions

You're correct, I'd forgotten that the changes going from pre-v2.0.0 to the current version were too many to support as an upgrade.

Here's a link to the plugin's GitHub repository, identifying the changes/additions/removals going from OPC v1.4.0 to the currently-released version: https://github.com/lat9/one_page_che...r?diff=unified
    Do you mean I have to go through each change for each version from 1.4.0 to the current version?
    Do I have to identify all the 129 files listed there to remove them?

Or is there a different way to uninstall the current 1.4.0 version?

Plugin Contributions

Do you mean I have to go through each change for each version from 1.4.0 to the current version?
    Do I have to identify all the 129 files listed there to remove them?

Or is there a different way to uninstall the current 1.4.0 version?
    I realize that it's a lot of files, but for the upgrade you need to remove the files added by OPC 1.4.0 and, for any core-file modifications, undo those changes. Then you can install the more current version.

Plugin Contributions

So, the answer is that I have to go through all those 129 entries and remove them one by one? There is no "faster" way?
    Wouldn't it be simpler to look at the original zip file i used, and refer to those files or were others created modified, from using the plugin?

Plugin Contributions

So, the answer is that I have to go through all those 129 entries and remove them one by one? There is no "faster" way?
    Wouldn't it be simpler to look at the original zip file i used, and refer to those files or were others created modified, from using the plugin?
    There's, unfortunately, no 'faster' way. You can certainly use a file-comparison program to compare (like in that GitHub compare) the various files added/removed/changed in going from v1.4.0, but it's going to be, IMO, more error-prone.

Plugin Contributions

Would it be accurate to go through the list of files from the original zip file and just delete the matching ones?

Plugin Contributions

Would it be accurate to go through the list of files from the original zip file and just delete the matching ones?
    Yes, except for the core-file changes. Don't forget to remove any template-overrides that you might have made, too.

Plugin Contributions

Don't forget to remove any template-overrides that you might have made, too.
    And those would be in the instructions for the initial installation?

Plugin Contributions

And those would be in the instructions for the initial installation?
    Yes, but those instructions don't identify the condition where you might have customized one of OPC's templates (present in the template_default sub-directory) in your site's active template directory.