Page 162 of 279 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172212262 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 2784
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: One-Page Checkout [Support Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by simon1066 View Post
    ZC v1.56c
    OPC v2.3.1

Not sure if this is a thing or that I'm getting a bit befuddled by all the testing I've been doing but,

Checking out as a guest, on the checkout success page the first thing the customer sees is an option to create an account (followed by the html language text and lastly the order details - which in this case contains download links). If they create an account before scrolling down they go to the create account success page so losing any of the order information on screen.

It seems I have two options.

- Have some text on the create account success page to indicate that the customer can view their order details in My Account - but only for guests that have created an account as part of the Guest checkout process.
    - more simply, move the create account guest option to the bottom of the page, below the order details on the checkout success page.
    I could add a message for display on the 'create-account-success' page when the account is created by a guest, letting them know that they can view their just-placed order by navigating to their account-history page. Would that work?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    I could add a message for display on the 'create-account-success' page when the account is created by a guest, letting them know that they can view their just-placed order by navigating to their account-history page. Would that work?
    Thank you for looking at this @lat9. In my case I'm actually happy with moving the create account fields below the html language file text - which I've done.

I think that normally the placement wouldn't be an issue but for my products with downloads there's a need for the customer to read the descriptive text before they leave the checkout success page.
    Simon

Plugin Contributions

ZC v1.56c
    OPC v2.3.1

Not sure if this is OPC related but it is related to guest checkout so I'll go ahead

1. The order confirmation email sent to the customer has a link to the order_status page - great.

2. If I update the order then the order update email contains a detailed invoice link to the account_history_info page - which is no good as the customer doesn't have an account.

So it seems that an order update sent to a Guest needs to include #1 not #2, not sure if there's something clever in Admin that will allow this.
    Simon

Plugin Contributions

ZC v1.56c
    OPC v2.3.1

Not sure if this is OPC related but it is related to guest checkout so I'll go ahead

1. The order confirmation email sent to the customer has a link to the order_status page - great.

2. If I update the order then the order update email contains a detailed invoice link to the account_history_info page - which is no good as the customer doesn't have an account.

So it seems that an order update sent to a Guest needs to include #1 not #2, not sure if there's something clever in Admin that will allow this.
    @simon1066, thanks for the report. I've created a GitHub issue to track the change required.

Plugin Contributions

@simon1066, thanks for the report. I've created a GitHub issue to track the change required.
    ... and now that I've done that, I find that the 'as-shipped' Zen Cart orders.php doesn't include such a link.

What plugins do you have installed that 'participate' in orders' updates?

Plugin Contributions

Hi @lat9

Some feedback from my translations.
    I noticed that the language files for ot_coupon.php, ot_gv.php, and checkout_confirmation.php are from pretty old versions of ZC. Probably good to include modified versions from the latest 1.5.6c.
    In particular, checkout_confirmation has some old text about out of stock items that can be put on backorder. As I understand it this is now in the main english.php file.
    Hope I did not mess up something and get this wrong.
    Zen Cart 1.5.6c modified to support Japanese language (postage module support work in progress). Upgraded incrementally each version from initial 1.5.5d.

Plugin Contributions

... and now that I've done that, I find that the 'as-shipped' Zen Cart orders.php doesn't include such a link.

Oh. I hadn't realised the link was non-stock. I can't think of a plugin off hand. I'll do some digging and get back.
    Simon

Plugin Contributions

Not sure but I don't think that the orders.php is where we should be looking. The account_history_info link in the order update email is generated in includes/functions/functions_osh_update.php, starting line #116 - I believe this (and more?) code was moved out of orders.php in ZCv1.56

Code:
     //send emails
                    $email_text =
                        STORE_NAME . ' ' . OSH_EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER . ' ' . $orders_id . "\n\n" .
                        OSH_EMAIL_TEXT_INVOICE_URL . ' ' . zen_catalog_href_link(FILENAME_CATALOG_ACCOUNT_HISTORY_INFO, "order_id=$orders_id", 'SSL') . "\n\n" .
                        OSH_EMAIL_TEXT_DATE_ORDERED . ' ' . zen_date_long($osh_info->fields['date_purchased']) . "\n\n" .
                        strip_tags($email_message) .
                        $status_text . $status_value_text .
                        OSH_EMAIL_TEXT_STATUS_PLEASE_REPLY;

$html_msg['EMAIL_CUSTOMERS_NAME']    = $osh_info->fields['customers_name'];
                    $html_msg['EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER'] = OSH_EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER . ' ' . $orders_id;
                    $html_msg['EMAIL_TEXT_INVOICE_URL']  = '<a href="' . zen_catalog_href_link(FILENAME_CATALOG_ACCOUNT_HISTORY_INFO, "order_id=$orders_id", 'SSL') .'">' . str_replace(':', '', OSH_EMAIL_TEXT_INVOICE_URL) . '</a>';
                    $html_msg['EMAIL_TEXT_DATE_ORDERED'] = OSH_EMAIL_TEXT_DATE_ORDERED . ' ' . zen_date_long($osh_info->fields['date_purchased']);
                    $html_msg['EMAIL_TEXT_STATUS_COMMENTS'] = nl2br($email_message);
                    $html_msg['EMAIL_TEXT_STATUS_UPDATED'] = str_replace("\n", '', $status_text);
                    $html_msg['EMAIL_TEXT_STATUS_LABEL'] = str_replace("\n", '', $status_value_text);
                    $html_msg['EMAIL_TEXT_NEW_STATUS'] = $new_orders_status_name;
                    $html_msg['EMAIL_TEXT_STATUS_PLEASE_REPLY'] = str_replace("\n", '', OSH_EMAIL_TEXT_STATUS_PLEASE_REPLY);
                    $html_msg['EMAIL_PAYPAL_TRANSID'] = '';
    Simon

Plugin Contributions

... and on a slightly related note, I've now noticed I have osh_updated_by_functions.php in MY_STORE/includes/functions/extra_functions

That's one of your files @lat9, not really sure how it got there other than it seems part of your Orders Status History mod. I couldn't find the file in any of my plugin archives and had to resort to Google to find out what it was.

I don't know if it's being used by my site, I trust it's ok for me to delete it?
    Simon

Plugin Contributions

... and on a slightly related note, I've now noticed I have osh_updated_by_functions.php in MY_STORE/includes/functions/extra_functions

That's one of your files @lat9, not really sure how it got there other than it seems part of your Orders Status History mod. I couldn't find the file in any of my plugin archives and had to resort to Google to find out what it was.

I don't know if it's being used by my site, I trust it's ok for me to delete it?
    Never mind, it does look as though it's a remant of the 'Orders Status History - Updated By' plugin whose function was incorporated into ZCv1.56 last year.
    Simon