Page 247 of 280 FirstFirst ... 147197237245246247248249257 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,470 of 2792
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: One-Page Checkout [Support Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by jrcook416 View Post
    Has anyone had success changing the default template to add something like a Bootstrap Select object?

--J
    There's a 'binder' plugin that enables the Bootstrap-4 template to use One-Page-Checkout (https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2305), if that's what you're asking.

Note that this 'binder' will be part of the next major release of the Bootstrap-4 template.

Plugin Contributions

Hi, thanks for the quick response :-)

I'm trying to add a dynamically created select box element (a Bootstrap select selectpicker) to the address block. Specifically, I have a list of discrete, pre-determined suburbs for my end-users to pick from. The suburb will populate into the select, along with the list of suburbs on the initial load, but when I go to change and select another suburb and update the address, I can't get the changed value to be passed back and saved to the $_SESSION['opc'] object.

Any direction you could provide would be helpful! Thank you!

--J

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jrcook416 View Post
    Hi, thanks for the quick response :-)

I'm trying to add a dynamically created select box element (a Bootstrap select selectpicker) to the address block. Specifically, I have a list of discrete, pre-determined suburbs for my end-users to pick from. The suburb will populate into the select, along with the list of suburbs on the initial load, but when I go to change and select another suburb and update the address, I can't get the changed value to be passed back and saved to the $_SESSION['opc'] object.

Any direction you could provide would be helpful! Thank you!

--J
    Your best bet (I think?) will be a combination of a jQuery module plus an associated AJAX class where the AJAX-accessed PHP module does the suburb look-up and sends the results down via JSON for use by the jQuery module.

Plugin Contributions

I am in the process of building a new website. I am looking for a Guest checkout.

I have used Fast and easy checkout in the past and it does work as advertised.

I noticed this plugin one-page checkout includes a guest checkout.
    Though it seems as if there are way too many steps in the process. I never seen a checkout page that has “save” to go to the next step. In my opinion customer will abandon the cart if they have to press save on each step. Is there an alternative plugin that can do guest checkout the correct way without having to save to go to the next step.

Plugin Contributions

If you are speaking of the Save Changes button on the /index.php?main_page=checkout_one page when checking out, perhaps you might want to think of the Save Changes button as Insert Info instead.

Of course, you can change the button to whatever you wish but, regardless of the button's name, you have to get the individual's information in the system in order to process the sale.

I can't think of any cart that doesn't collect the three items needed; billing, shipping, payment method. OPC does that. And all without leaving the page.

I don't believe you can find a better product. You especially will not find one better documented or maintained.

We (myZenCartHost.com) would not create, update, or modify a site without making sure OPC was included.

Plugin Contributions

dbltoe,

I get what you are saying. you mentioned "think of the Save Changes button as Insert Info instead."
    My opinion I think its way to many steps and confusing at the same time.

Hopefully in the near future zencart can come out with a real guest checkout that has the correct flow. I read somewhere that it will be released in the 2.0 versions in the near future

Clicking save or insert is just going to confuse the customer and they will abandon the cart.

Does anyone have any recommendations on a plugin that is available where the flow is a true guest checkout. I really don't want to switch platforms but my customer is insisting he have the guest checkout.

Plugin Contributions

You keep speaking generalities.
    Hopefully in the near future zencart can come out with a real guest checkout that has the correct flow
    Would you be so kind as to present us with a working example of what you are talking about?

Can you show us a cart where someone does not have to click on a button or hit enter to perform the steps of OPC?

Plugin Contributions

Just a quick question.

OPC installed and coupons set to one use per customer - this fails for guest checkout because of the way all guest customers have the same ID. Obviously, I can edit the code of the coupons module to check email address rather than customer_id but is there a more graceful solution?

Plugin Contributions

Just a thought.

Perhaps changing Enable Account Registration? to True versus False?

Plugin Contributions

I think it might be the "one page" that is throwing me off. If it were in separate pages it might have a better flow.
    Last edited by chadlly2003; 17 Sep 2022 at 12:37 AM.