Page 203 of 207 FirstFirst ... 103153193201202203204205 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,030 of 2067
  1. #2021
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    10,514
    Plugin Contributions
    78

    Default Re: One-Page Checkout [Support Thread]

    It'll help if you could enable the OPC debug so that you can capture what OPC thinks is going on when the issue occurs. You can either make the associated log available via link (the files get too large to post in a response) or send me a PM and I'll let you know my direct email to which you can send that output.

  2. #2022
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    494
    Plugin Contributions
    6

    Default Re: One-Page Checkout [Support Thread]

    Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    It'll help if you could enable the OPC debug so that you can capture what OPC thinks is going on when the issue occurs. You can either make the associated log available via link (the files get too large to post in a response) or send me a PM and I'll let you know my direct email to which you can send that output.
    It's now enabled. I'll let you know when I have a log where this issue occurred.

  3. #2023
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    10,514
    Plugin Contributions
    78

    Default Re: One-Page Checkout [Support Thread]

    Quote Originally Posted by strelitzia View Post
    It's now enabled. I'll let you know when I have a log where this issue occurred.
    Thanks, that will help enormously!

  4. #2024
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    23
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: One-Page Checkout [Support Thread]

    ZC 157c
    ZCA Bootstrap 3.1.2
    Local Sales Taxes 2.5.3a
    One Page Checkout 2.3.8

    OPC shows FL state sales tax on guest checkout before a customer enters/saves billing/shipping information (due to store's location).

    For guests who enter/save Florida-based shipping addresses, the appropriate FL county surtax is then appended to their orders.

    For guests who enter/save out-of-state-based shipping addresses, the FL state sales tax line is completely removed as expected.

    I would like to hide the store-based state sales tax until the billing/shipping information is saved, so out-of-state delieveries don't think they're about to be charged FL's sales tax and abandon their carts.

    I'm not sure which file(s) to modify to accomplish this. All help greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by RoseStar; 5 Jun 2021 at 06:52 PM.

  5. #2025
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    10,514
    Plugin Contributions
    78

    Default Re: One-Page Checkout [Support Thread]

    Quote Originally Posted by RoseStar View Post
    ZC 157c
    ZCA Bootstrap 3.1.2
    Local Sales Taxes 2.5.3a
    One Page Checkout 2.3.8

    OPC shows FL state sales tax on guest checkout before a customer enters/saves billing/shipping information (due to store's location).

    For guests who enter/save Florida-based shipping addresses, the appropriate FL county surtax is then appended to their orders.

    For guests who enter/save out-of-state-based shipping addresses, the FL state sales tax line is completely removed as expected.

    I would like to hide the store-based state sales tax until the billing/shipping information is saved, so out-of-state delieveries don't think they're about to be charged FL's sales tax and abandon their carts.

    I'm not sure which file(s) to modify to accomplish this. All help greatly appreciated!
    I'll consider your request, but that's going to be 'difficult'.

  6. #2026
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    23
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: One-Page Checkout [Support Thread]

    Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    I'll consider your request, but that's going to be 'difficult'.
    My apologies, I didn't realize it may be a bit more difficult to achieve. I was hoping for small modification I could make myself in the files that I may have been overlooking.

    I really appreciate your consideration and would love to help where I can.

  7. #2027
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    10,514
    Plugin Contributions
    78

    Default Re: One-Page Checkout [Support Thread]

    Quote Originally Posted by RoseStar View Post
    My apologies, I didn't realize it may be a bit more difficult to achieve. I was hoping for small modification I could make myself in the files that I may have been overlooking.

    I really appreciate your consideration and would love to help where I can.
    You could "fool" OPC into using guest address-book entries that have an untaxable country (e.g. Bermuda) ... that would have to be hand-entered in your site's phpMyAdmin. That way, no tax is displayed.

    Unfortunately, the guest-customer will then need to change their bill/ship country from Bermuda ...

  8. #2028
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,683
    Plugin Contributions
    20

    Default Re: One-Page Checkout [Support Thread]

    Quote Originally Posted by RoseStar View Post

    I would like to hide the store-based state sales tax until the billing/shipping information is saved, so out-of-state delieveries don't think they're about to be charged FL's sales tax and abandon their carts.
    Why not use a one liner and filter the display if these conditions are met?

    The back end code continues doing what it does and the display either drops the tax display line or you include a placeholder message if you like.
    Twitch.
    http://www.twitchtoo.com - Do you work for free? Please donate.
    Twitch Wholesale PRO, ZC 1.38 - 1.57c - Expert Site Migration & Upgrades!

  9. #2029
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    10,514
    Plugin Contributions
    78

    Default Re: One-Page Checkout [Support Thread]

    Quote Originally Posted by twitchtoo View Post
    Why not use a one liner and filter the display if these conditions are met?

    The back end code continues doing what it does and the display either drops the tax display line or you include a placeholder message if you like.
    As I said previously to @RoseStar, it's not that simple.

  10. #2030
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Devon, UK
    Posts
    50
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: One-Page Checkout [Support Thread]

    I'm building a site (an upgrade for our current 1.5.5f one) using Zen Cart 1.5.7c and running on PHP 7.1.
    The template is a simple clone of Responsive Classic with some stylesheet changes but no PHP code changes at all. The issue below shows up both on this template and on Responsive Classic.
    The only modules installed so far are Numinix Product Fields (we use some of the fields for shipping) and some of our own shipping modules.

    I've just installed OPC 2.3.8 and everything seems to work well except one thing. I have "shipping=billing" enabled in admin and the result is almost as expected. I see the billing address form and the "Shipping Address, Same as Billing?" checkbox.
    However, on lat9's demo site and on others I have looked at, that check-box and everything outside the billing address form are greyed out until the billing details are saved. That's a good thing and I am sure it is intentional since being able to click the check-box prematurely would reload the page and lose the unsaved billing details.

    On my installation, however, the rest of the page is not greyed out. I can't see easily how it works so I don't know how to debug it. I'd appreciate a pointer to the part of the code that deals with it so I can do some debugging.
    Last edited by BillJ; 10 Jun 2021 at 10:20 PM.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. v151 Banners In Main Page - Support Thread
    By stevesh in forum Templates, Stylesheets, Page Layout
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10 May 2016, 10:34 PM
  2. v151 Site Map/Page Not Found: Combined [Support Thread]
    By lat9 in forum All Other Contributions/Addons
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 4 Jan 2016, 02:19 PM
  3. v151 PayPal Express Checkout Using NVP 84.0 [Support Thread]
    By lat9 in forum Addon Payment Modules
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 28 Dec 2015, 04:54 PM
  4. Set number of products displayed per page (support thread)
    By yellow1912 in forum All Other Contributions/Addons
    Replies: 145
    Last Post: 11 Nov 2015, 07:06 AM
  5. Checkout Amazon Style -- Support Thread
    By CJPinder in forum All Other Contributions/Addons
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 13 Apr 2011, 08:18 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
disjunctive-egg
Zen-Cart, Internet Selling Services, Klamath Falls, OR