Page 3 of 279 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: One-Page Checkout [Support Thread]

Just wanted to say Thank you for this excellent plugin. I installed it according to instructions without a hitch. Absolutely no problem with payment or shipping modules or anything else. Thank you again. Are you accepting donations? I think you should and I will be glad to contribute.

Thanks again,

Frank

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, @fjbern1943, donations to the Zen Cart project are always welcomed.

What payment and shipping modules are you using? I'm trying to compile a list of those that people have used with the One Page Checkout.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    ......What payment and shipping modules are you using? I'm trying to compile a list of those that people have used with the One Page Checkout.
    Direct Bank Deposit
    eWay
    PayPal

and all good

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by frank18 View Post
    Direct Bank Deposit
    eWay
    PayPal

and all good
    Thanks, Frank (was that PayPal Express Checkout?). Now, if I could only determine why the shipping-method is not pre-selected on some sites ...

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, Frank (was that PayPal Express Checkout?). Now, if I could only determine why the shipping-method is not pre-selected on some sites ...
    Not sure if my example is your ref. I have CanadaPost mod. It is the only shipping I offer. In that respect, the method is pre-selected. Within CanadaPost there are several choices that I offer. These successfully show on the checkout screen, with none of those pre-selected. An attempt to checkout without selecting one choice will not proceed - basically the screen refreshes as is. Selecting any choice will adjust the total sale cost and changing the choice will follow through and change the total.

On the cart screen, before hitting the checkout, the shipping choices and respective costs are presented, with the least expensive estimate hi-lighted. The estimate doesn't become an actual cost until selected on checkout.

Here's a screen shot of checkout shipping section:

Name:  screenshot-localhost 2016-08-05 12-17-07.jpg
Views: 967
Size:  149.3 KB

As is, my thought is to simply change the message in the language file to reinforce that the customer must select a choice.

I'm still on test store with this. I have also tested in the mobile/tablet simulators with no issues presenting.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, @fjbern1943, donations to the Zen Cart project are always welcomed.

What payment and shipping modules are you using? I'm trying to compile a list of those that people have used with the One Page Checkout.
    Shipping Methods - free shipping options, usps and fed ex

Payment Methods - Pay Pal express, check/money order, layaway plan, and Braintree

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by soxophoneplayer View Post
    Not sure if my example is your ref. I have CanadaPost mod. It is the only shipping I offer. In that respect, the method is pre-selected. Within CanadaPost there are several choices that I offer. These successfully show on the checkout screen, with none of those pre-selected. An attempt to checkout without selecting one choice will not proceed - basically the screen refreshes as is. Selecting any choice will adjust the total sale cost and changing the choice will follow through and change the total.

On the cart screen, before hitting the checkout, the shipping choices and respective costs are presented, with the least expensive estimate hi-lighted. The estimate doesn't become an actual cost until selected on checkout.

Here's a screen shot of checkout shipping section:

Name:  screenshot-localhost 2016-08-05 12-17-07.jpg
Views: 967
Size:  149.3 KB

As is, my thought is to simply change the message in the language file to reinforce that the customer must select a choice.

I'm still on test store with this. I have also tested in the mobile/tablet simulators with no issues presenting.
    That helps a lot! I think that the most recent change that I made to /includes/modules/pages/checkout_one/header_php.php will correct that issue.

If you click on that link, you'll be presented with the "raw" file data, just copy/paste that file's contents into the like-named file in your store's file-system.

Plugin Contributions

That helps a lot! I think that the most recent change that I made to /includes/modules/pages/checkout_one/header_php.php will correct that issue.

If you click on that link, you'll be presented with the "raw" file data, just copy/paste that file's contents into the like-named file in your store's file-system.
    Yup. That's got it. I envy your geekerly skills.

Out of curiosity - is it coincidence that the buttons in your mod are the same colours as in my template (Sheffield Blue Responsive) or have you put in a magic code to sniff out and use colour scheme of the user?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by soxophoneplayer View Post
    Yup. That's got it. I envy your geekerly skills.

Out of curiosity - is it coincidence that the buttons in your mod are the same colours as in my template (Sheffield Blue Responsive) or have you put in a magic code to sniff out and use colour scheme of the user?
    OK, another one bites the dust ...

No magic code involved, the plugin simply uses the button-related HTML constructs and built-in Zen Cart functions to create those buttons.

As such, it either pulls in the graphic buttons you've specified for your template or the CSS-styling for those buttons, depending on your store's "CSS Buttons" configuration setting (present in Configuration->My Store for Zen Cart versions prior to 1.5.5 or Configuration->Layout Settings otherwise.

Plugin Contributions

Hello,

Just changed the /includes/modules/pages/checkout_one/header_php.php file, as shown in post#28 above. When I change the shipping method the subtotal or the total do not update. Changed the file back to the original plugin file and the behavior is the same.

Frank

Page 3 of 279 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast