Page 123 of 280 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133173223 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 2794
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: One-Page Checkout [Support Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    @RixStix, you've got it (other than that required edit to your template's /common/tpl_header.php).
    Cindy, on a fresh 1.5.6b install I have loaded the files in the separate 1.5.6b directory as well - so what do I need to do to correct that apparent error? - delete all files uploaded from that directory and then reload the corresponding files in the unlabeled directory? ... anything else? Would that have anything to do with the warning I am getting "not recognizing the credit card'?

Did you receive the error log files I emailed?

cheers,
    Mike

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RixStix View Post
    Looking in zc156b responsive_classic and my clone of responsive_classic

zc156b\includes\templates\responsive_classic\common\tpl_header.php

Code:
    if ($_SESSION['customer_id']) {
    has already been changed in the distribution files to
    Code:
    if (zen_is_logged_in() && !zen_in_guest_checkout()) {
    Thanks for that reminder, Rick ... that's (additional) good news for a fresh zc156b install with a fresh clone of the responsive_classic template! That change still applies to sites that are dragging their previous template along.

Quote Originally Posted by shags38 View Post
    Cindy, on a fresh 1.5.6b install I have loaded the files in the separate 1.5.6b directory as well - so what do I need to do to correct that apparent error? - delete all files uploaded from that directory and then reload the corresponding files in the unlabeled directory? ... anything else? Would that have anything to do with the warning I am getting "not recognizing the credit card'?

Did you receive the error log files I emailed?

cheers,
    Mike
    Mike, that shouldn't be a problem, since the files in the 156b sub-directory are from the zc156 distribution just bringing zc156/zc156a up to the zc156b level.

Yes, I reviewed those logs; check your email for my response.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by shags38 View Post
    Hi Cindy, short answer is Payments Pro (Canada - suggested by PayPal) - both Express Checkout and Payments Pro are enabled - as far as I am aware Express is required to be enabled for Pro to be activated - Payments Pro is required for OPC, Express is used for 'checkout with PayPal' in standard inbuilt process - right?.

The error occurs using the credit card payment option in Guest Checkout at the very last stage when 'confirm order' is pressed.

The PayPal settings are exactly the same (copied DB) in the problematic new build site (dazzlersharmonynecklace.com) as in the existing 1.5.5f site (harmonyballpendant.com) where everything there works fine - the only differences between the two is the domain name and that the new build is 1.5.6b

The new build site (it is a 're-branded clone' of harmonyballpendant.com) is live with robots.txt set to Disallow: / .... until guest checkout is sorted (and HBP not yet redirected)

Would it be helpful if I enable OPC error logs and try another transaction and send you the log?

cheers,
    Mike
    I've created a GitHub issue (https://github.com/lat9/one_page_checkout/issues/203) to track the changes for this unwanted behavior, which affects all payment methods that 'collect credit cart information on-site'.

The jist is that for this processing, the call to the zcAjaxPayment processing to initiate that confirmation sends back some jQuery to be run at document ready. The OPC AJAX was being too quick with its form-submission so that the payment-method processing wasn't being run.

The correction is to (a) ensure that the payment methods' jQuery runs on the ajaxComplete event and (b) stage OPC's form-submittal to the end of the ajaxComplete event.

Plugin Contributions

I've created a GitHub issue (https://github.com/lat9/one_page_checkout/issues/203) to track the changes for this unwanted behavior, which affects all payment methods that 'collect credit cart information on-site'.

The jist is that for this processing, the call to the zcAjaxPayment processing to initiate that confirmation sends back some jQuery to be run at document ready. The OPC AJAX was being too quick with its form-submission so that the payment-method processing wasn't being run.

The correction is to (a) ensure that the payment methods' jQuery runs on the ajaxComplete event and (b) stage OPC's form-submittal to the end of the ajaxComplete event.
    Thank you so much Cindy for the fix - very much appreciated.

cheers,
    Mike

Plugin Contributions

OPC 2.1.1 installed in zc 156b

Not losing any sleep here because still playing in the sandbox.

Guest checkout
    Item purchased: FREE downloadable file
    Step through checkout with email address, phone, etc.
    Payment selection is a bit confusing showing credit cards and a line for free order but no radio button.
    Name:  OPCfreedownload.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  10.8 KB
    Complete the checkout process.

Success screen as expected for a normal checkout with a link to the downloadable file(s) which functions as expected.

The comment about
    You can also download your products at a later time at 'My Account'
    is on the screen. That is really an impossibility, isn't it?

If the checkout success screen is exited without paying attention to the link, how does a customer get to the download file at a later date?

I think this might be a 'haven't thought about that moment' or a Rick forgot to take his nap moment.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

If the customer checked out as a guest, they can access their download via the orders_status page. I'll see what's going on with the scenario you posed (i.e. a checkout with a free download) later today.

Plugin Contributions

If the customer checked out as a guest, they can access their download via the orders_status page. I'll see what's going on with the scenario you posed (i.e. a checkout with a free download) later today.
    When I checked-out a Sample of Document Product Type using Guest Checkout, the text on the checkout_success page reads:
    Code:
    You can view the status of this order by going to the Order Status page and supplying this order number and your email address.
    Please direct any questions to customer service.
    That text is defined in /includes/languages/english/checkout_success_guest.php (or overridden in YOUR_TEMPLATE) and is displayed by the tpl_checkout_success_guest.php file, present in /template_default but possibly overridden by YOUR_TEMPLATE.

Plugin Contributions

I've just submitted v2.1.2 to the Zen Cart moderators for review and will post back when it's available for download.

This release contains changes associated with the following GitHub issues:

#201: Virtual orders can't be checked out; correct the root-cause, not the symptom.
    #202: Correct PHP Notice on checkout_success after guest-checkout.
    #203: Correct integration with payment methods that "collect credit-card data onsite".

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Cindy,

I did find the new checkout success page for guest.
    I've never seen a link to an order status page anywhere other than on the checkout success page which makes it difficult later. Maybe there's a link in the email confirmation. Regardless, I'm sorry to stir the nest with questions that I could have/should have answered myself.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RixStix View Post
    Thanks Cindy,

I did find the new checkout success page for guest.
    I've never seen a link to an order status page anywhere other than on the checkout success page which makes it difficult later. Maybe there's a link in the email confirmation. Regardless, I'm sorry to stir the nest with questions that I could have/should have answered myself.
    OPC comes with an 'Orders Status' sidebox which not-logged-in customers can use to lookup their previous orders. The text associated with 'where to find my order's history' is also slightly modified for guest-checkout, pointing them to the orders_status page rather than to their (non-existing) account!