Page 144 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145 LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 1447
  1. #1431
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    738
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: One-Page Checkout [Support Thread]

    Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Just follow the zc155e upgrade instructions documented here. You'll need to add a couple of notifications to the PayPal Express Checkout payment method, too (see the section in that documentation just above the link I posted).
    You are pointing to the instructions for Zen Cart 1.5.4, 1.5.5, 1.5.5a-f, (under the Perform Required Edits) but there is also, a bit higher on the page, instructions for Zen Cart 1.5.5b-f (under the Installation), and even more at the beginning, there is this mention:

    If you are upgrading an existing OPC installation from a version prior to v2.0.0, you'll need to uninstall that previous version and perform a fresh installation of OPC v2.1.0.

    And the uninstallation instructions indicate to delete the files and then run the SQL patches.

    So back to my original question: How do I know which files to delete before running the SQL patches?

  2. #1432
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    9,102
    Plugin Contributions
    72

    Default Re: One-Page Checkout [Support Thread]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaroleAs View Post
    You are pointing to the instructions for Zen Cart 1.5.4, 1.5.5, 1.5.5a-f, (under the Perform Required Edits) but there is also, a bit higher on the page, instructions for Zen Cart 1.5.5b-f (under the Installation), and even more at the beginning, there is this mention:

    If you are upgrading an existing OPC installation from a version prior to v2.0.0, you'll need to uninstall that previous version and perform a fresh installation of OPC v2.1.0.

    And the uninstallation instructions indicate to delete the files and then run the SQL patches.

    So back to my original question: How do I know which files to delete before running the SQL patches?
    You're correct, I'd forgotten that the changes going from pre-v2.0.0 to the current version were too many to support as an upgrade.

    Here's a link to the plugin's GitHub repository, identifying the changes/additions/removals going from OPC v1.4.0 to the currently-released version: https://github.com/lat9/one_page_che...r?diff=unified

  3. #1433
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    738
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: One-Page Checkout [Support Thread]

    Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    You're correct, I'd forgotten that the changes going from pre-v2.0.0 to the current version were too many to support as an upgrade.

    Here's a link to the plugin's GitHub repository, identifying the changes/additions/removals going from OPC v1.4.0 to the currently-released version: https://github.com/lat9/one_page_che...r?diff=unified
    Do you mean I have to go through each change for each version from 1.4.0 to the current version?
    Do I have to identify all the 129 files listed there to remove them?

    Or is there a different way to uninstall the current 1.4.0 version?

  4. #1434
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    9,102
    Plugin Contributions
    72

    Default Re: One-Page Checkout [Support Thread]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaroleAs View Post
    Do you mean I have to go through each change for each version from 1.4.0 to the current version?
    Do I have to identify all the 129 files listed there to remove them?

    Or is there a different way to uninstall the current 1.4.0 version?
    I realize that it's a lot of files, but for the upgrade you need to remove the files added by OPC 1.4.0 and, for any core-file modifications, undo those changes. Then you can install the more current version.

  5. #1435
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    738
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: One-Page Checkout [Support Thread]

    So, the answer is that I have to go through all those 129 entries and remove them one by one? There is no "faster" way?
    Wouldn't it be simpler to look at the original zip file i used, and refer to those files or were others created modified, from using the plugin?

  6. #1436
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    9,102
    Plugin Contributions
    72

    Default Re: One-Page Checkout [Support Thread]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaroleAs View Post
    So, the answer is that I have to go through all those 129 entries and remove them one by one? There is no "faster" way?
    Wouldn't it be simpler to look at the original zip file i used, and refer to those files or were others created modified, from using the plugin?
    There's, unfortunately, no 'faster' way. You can certainly use a file-comparison program to compare (like in that GitHub compare) the various files added/removed/changed in going from v1.4.0, but it's going to be, IMO, more error-prone.

  7. #1437
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    738
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: One-Page Checkout [Support Thread]

    Would it be accurate to go through the list of files from the original zip file and just delete the matching ones?

  8. #1438
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    9,102
    Plugin Contributions
    72

    Default Re: One-Page Checkout [Support Thread]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaroleAs View Post
    Would it be accurate to go through the list of files from the original zip file and just delete the matching ones?
    Yes, except for the core-file changes. Don't forget to remove any template-overrides that you might have made, too.

  9. #1439
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    738
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: One-Page Checkout [Support Thread]

    Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Don't forget to remove any template-overrides that you might have made, too.
    And those would be in the instructions for the initial installation?

  10. #1440
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    9,102
    Plugin Contributions
    72

    Default Re: One-Page Checkout [Support Thread]

    Quote Originally Posted by CaroleAs View Post
    And those would be in the instructions for the initial installation?
    Yes, but those instructions don't identify the condition where you might have customized one of OPC's templates (present in the template_default sub-directory) in your site's active template directory.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. v151 Banners In Main Page - Support Thread
    By stevesh in forum Templates, Stylesheets, Page Layout
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10 May 2016, 10:34 PM
  2. v151 Site Map/Page Not Found: Combined [Support Thread]
    By lat9 in forum All Other Contributions/Addons
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 4 Jan 2016, 02:19 PM
  3. v151 PayPal Express Checkout Using NVP 84.0 [Support Thread]
    By lat9 in forum Addon Payment Modules
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 28 Dec 2015, 04:54 PM
  4. Set number of products displayed per page (support thread)
    By yellow1912 in forum All Other Contributions/Addons
    Replies: 145
    Last Post: 11 Nov 2015, 07:06 AM
  5. Checkout Amazon Style -- Support Thread
    By CJPinder in forum All Other Contributions/Addons
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 13 Apr 2011, 08:18 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
disjunctive-egg
Zen-Cart, Internet Selling Services, Klamath Falls, OR