Page 152 of 279 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162202252 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 2784
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: One-Page Checkout [Support Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by stellarweb View Post
    This customer does design too... so very hands on with the site. I will suggest it to her.

In the meantime, when I look at the code on the site I see this <div id="messages-bill"></div> which looks like it would show up right above the update button.

Unfortunately I cant find it anywhere in the files except for two .css files. Can you tell me where I can find that for the guest page? And would it show up ONLY on the guest page where they enter the address and then click the button?

Thanks!
    Those divs (one for the billing- and one for the shipping-address) are where OPC's AJAX processing (via /includes/modules/pages/checkout_one/jquery.checkout_one.js, and its minimized version) display any error messages associated with an address-entry, e.g. a street-address that isn't supplied.

The messages show up whether guest- or account-checkout, if an address-related error occurs.

Plugin Contributions

OK Cindy - thanks so much for taking the time to help! Appreciate it!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stellarweb View Post
    OK Cindy - thanks so much for taking the time to help! Appreciate it!
    No problems. If you open an issue on GitHub, I'll get that added to the on-line documentation.

Plugin Contributions

I've just submitted v2.3.0 of One-Page Checkout to the Zen Cart moderators for review; I'll post back here when it's available for download.

This release contains changes associated with the following GitHub issues:

#226: Add notifications to enable additional address-related validations.
    #227: Display validated addresses in "address-book" format, reducing on-screen real-estate usage.
    #228: Re-structure admin initialization, reducing memory required.
    #229: Add configurable CSS/jQuery "selector", used to locate the order's current total.
    #230: Gather all fields from the address_book for formatting, increases interoperation.
    #231: Correct double message when a coupon is added to the order.
    #232: OnePageCheckout::validateUpdatedAddress, use as-supplied values.
    #233: Remove no longer used OnePageCheckout::validatePostedAddress method.
    #234: Dynamically updated billing-address title, based on whether it's for Billing/Shipping or only Billing.
    #235: Use "standard" Zen Cart layout for the registered-accounts' create-account page.
    #236: Correct checkout processing for "registered accounts".
    #237: Correct guest and registered-account interactions with the "Shipping Estimator".

Plugin Contributions

v2.3.0 is now available for download: https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2095

Plugin Contributions

lat9, or anybody who knows,
    I am ready to do a test install of either the COWAA (from the git repo) or OPC plugins.

What I want is for customers to be able to do checkout procedure without creating an account first.
    I.e., they can create an account at checkout time as part of the checkout, or just do the checkout without explicitly creating any account.
    As I understand it, that is how COWAA works.

However, just in case OPC also meets my requirements (as I understand my requirements at present), can I confirm how the guest account is created in the OPC workflow? If it too is created as part of the checkout, and not as a pre-condition for using OPC, then I could probably test either OPC or COWAA.

I could not ascertain this from the comments in the support threads, and since installing either of these plugins is quite a lot or work, I would like to confirm in advance. Also, it would be quite nice to make that clear in the plugin description perhaps. I imagine different people have different expectations of what guest account means in practice also, and I unfortunately find it confusing at this stage.

Many thanks in advance.
    Zen Cart 1.5.6c modified to support Japanese language (postage module support work in progress). Upgraded incrementally each version from initial 1.5.5d.

Plugin Contributions

OPC offers a one-page-checkout that can be used in a logged-in-customer checkout (after they log in), a 'registered-account' environment (kind of like that newsletter-only subscriptions) where they'll just need to supply a default address prior to starting the checkout and in a 'guest-checkout' mode.

You can view how OPC works, it's installed on my demo site, and an on-line version of its readme is available on my website.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you very much lat9, for the info, and for the pointer to the demo site. Will check that out in the next day or two. Much appreciated!
    Zen Cart 1.5.6c modified to support Japanese language (postage module support work in progress). Upgraded incrementally each version from initial 1.5.5d.

Plugin Contributions

Hi lat9,
    It appears from the description in the very extensive documentation you pointed me to that guest checkout does indeed do what I think I need. Awesome!
    Not sure what COWAA might offer instead or extra, but I will do a test install (lots of local changes for Japanese support, hence the comparison I want to make).

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gernot View Post
    Hi lat9,
    It appears from the description in the very extensive documentation you pointed me to that guest checkout does indeed do what I think I need. Awesome!
    Not sure what COWAA might offer instead or extra, but I will do a test install (lots of local changes for Japanese support, hence the comparison I want to make).
    @gernot, if you find changes you need to make for Japanese support (other than the language-file changes), let me know and I'll see what notifications I can provide to make the integration easier!