Page 153 of 279 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163203253 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 2784
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: One-Page Checkout [Support Thread]

Tried updating a 1.5.5f site to the latest OPC only to find that a "hidden" mod was messing with us. That's why I like mod list.

Anywho, after two tries at updating, we removed OPC completely and started over as if it never existed.

Followed all the preliminary functions including the editing of the shipping estimators. Had haredo following all the steps as we did the 155f folder, then the 156b, then the install.

The admin stated that the OPC was installed BUT the Configuration Menu does not show the item. Mod List shows OPC and it can be accessed from the mod list page.

All listings are in the three database tables as per a working version on another site.

When accessing checkout, we get the following error.
    Code:
    [04-Mar-2020 06:29:38 UTC] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ')', expecting :: (T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM) in /home/the_site/public_html/includes/modules/pages/checkout_one/header_php.php on line 355

[04-Mar-2020 06:29:38 UTC] Request URI: /index.php?main_page=checkout_one, IP address: 261.117.816.919
    --> PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ')', expecting :: (T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM) in /home/the_site/public_html/includes/modules/pages/checkout_one/header_php.php on line 355.
    Payment is Square and shipping is Flat or Store Pickup.

Plugin Contributions

By the 'latest version', I'm assuming that you mean v2.3.0 (and I'm not able to replicate your issue). The highlighted line below is line 355 of that release's version of that file:
    Code:
    // -----
    // Determine if there are any payment modules that are in the confirmation-required list.
    //
    // The generated list is used within the /includes/modules/pages/checkout_one/jscript_main.php module to determine what text to
    // display for the order-submittal text/title.
    //
    $required_list = '';
    if (!empty(CHECKOUT_ONE_CONFIRMATION_REQUIRED)) {
        $confirmation_required = explode(',', CHECKOUT_ONE_CONFIRMATION_REQUIRED);
        $required_list = '"' . implode('", "', $confirmation_required) . '"';
    }

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    When accessing checkout, we get the following error.
    Code:
    [04-Mar-2020 06:29:38 UTC] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ')', expecting :: (T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM) in /home/the_site/public_html/includes/modules/pages/checkout_one/header_php.php on line 355

[04-Mar-2020 06:29:38 UTC] Request URI: /index.php?main_page=checkout_one, IP address: 261.117.816.919
    --> PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ')', expecting :: (T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM) in /home/the_site/public_html/includes/modules/pages/checkout_one/header_php.php on line 355.
    this is awesome! hebrew for double colon! i have never seen it before:

https://phil.tech/php/2013/09/09/t-p...ayim-v-sanity/

on a more related note, the idea that there was a parsing error in lat9's code for OPC seems rather far fetched. no doubt something modified, and should be rather easy to track down.
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

et al.

Looks to be a triumvirate of errors. None of which were the fault of the OPC mod or it's author. The initial problem was that guest checkout was not working. All other features of OPC were operational. This under version 2.0.0. An Upgrade failed twice and removal/installation gave a worse result.

First, as mentioned in our prior post, a "hidden" mod was not compatible with OPC and we were not aware that it was even installed until we dropped to standard checkout. Recommend that all mods register in admin pages. That sure would have helped. Of course it would have helped more if the base load used was the correct one. A search of our base loads did not show the mod installed. Personnel problem to be addressed.

Second, as reported here, the error was being thrown. We had no idea of the language but were surprised to find several references to the exact phrase when Google was used. It suggested that a different terminology should have been used for the determination if a setting existed. That should have been my clue but didn't sink in till carlwhat jumped in.

I am next in line behind the last person that would question Cindy's coding. That's what made things puzzling until carlwhat posted the language info and the link. Lo and behold, the site was set to PHP 5.4! This is not supposed to be even an option on the server. Apparently, a recent change in cpanel method may have added levels under 5.6. Rest assured that will go away immediately. As the great detective said, "How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?" While this got OPC to working, guest checkout would still not work.

This leads us to the third and mea culpa part of the problem. My dislike of putting changes in the template_default versus YOUR_TEMPLATE came back to bite me in the @$$. Right or wrong, I just hate to make changes to the template_default that might easily be lost in the upgrade process. If I make them in the YOUR_TEMPLATE folder, they are easily found when upgrade time rolls around. That's the same reason I started using stylesheet_zcustom.css to record all css changes to a template.

That said, Cindy has an excellent point in that moving from templateX to templateY may lose the OPC files while placing them in the templat_default will ensure that a template change will still have access to the OPC files.

Too often, I was failing to use initials or BOF/EOF to identify changes. Laziness is the true mother of invention. I was lazy.

Also, in my fog (fighting bronchitis), I failed to realize that I had previously disregarded Cindy's instructions and placed the files in YOUR_TEMPLATE. When haredo marshaled me step by step through the latest installation, my brain did not click on the use of YOUR_TEMPLATE. Therefore, there were older OPC files in the YOUR_TEMPLATE folder and (just as advertised) were overriding the proper files in the template_default. So, there's the flaw in my thinking.

I haven't decided my punishment but am hoping to only have to suffer through the remaining bronchitis treament/recovery.

Thanks to Cindy for putting up with me and carlwhat for derailing my train of thought and forcing it to the proper station.

Plugin Contributions

dbltoe, hope you get better soon, but in case it cheers you up, watching a problem such as yours and its resolution from the sidelines is very educational. Open source is demanding, and things can get tricky, so getting experience is a must---but as they say, experience is what you get after you need it, so learning from others' experiences in real time is vital too, and one of the great aspects of open source.
    Zen Cart 1.5.6c modified to support Japanese language (postage module support work in progress). Upgraded incrementally each version from initial 1.5.5d.

Plugin Contributions

If I learned from my mistakes, i should have a couple of doctor’s degrees!

One of the ways I always try to help is by following up with the solution.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    @gernot, if you find changes you need to make for Japanese support (other than the language-file changes), let me know and I'll see what notifications I can provide to make the integration easier!
    Hello lat9,
    Thanks for the heads-up, I am working on the installation preparations now, separating files that need overrides and so on.
    I am using the master files, since I see you did some editing in the last few days.

One thing I cannot understand is, if I am using 1.5.6c, are the files in the zc156b sub-directory required or not.
    In the documentation, you specifically request people to read for initial installation the following page:
    https://github.com/lat9/one_page_che...10_or_later.md
    Here there is not mention of 1.5.6c specifically, and I understand that the files in the zc156b sub-directory are already in Zen Cart 1.5.6c.
    There are some differences though, so I wonder if they need to be merged or not.
    For example, for one_page_checkout-master/zc156b/includes/classes/message_stack.php,

I get the following unified diff:
    Code:
    root@hase:/home/hase/Documents/ZenCart# diff -uw /<download path>/one_page_checkout-master/zc156b/includes/classes/message_stack.php /<local installation>/testshop/includes/classes/message_stack.php 
    --- /<download path>/one_page_checkout-master/zc156b/includes/classes/message_stack.php	2020-03-06 23:43:25.000000000 +0900
    +++ /<local installation>/testshop/includes/classes/message_stack.php	2019-05-29 22:04:13.560135523 +0900
    @@ -3,10 +3,10 @@
      * messageStack Class.
      * @package classes
    - * @copyright Copyright 2003-2016 Zen Cart Development Team
    + * @copyright Copyright 2003-2019 Zen Cart Development Team
      * @copyright Portions Copyright 2003 osCommerce
      * @license http://www.zen-cart.com/license/2_0.txt GNU Public License V2.0
    - * @version $Id: Author: DrByte  Sat Oct 17 22:52:38 2015 -0400 Modified in v1.5.5 $
    + * @version $Id: mc12345678 2019 Apr 30 Modified in v1.5.6b $
      */
     if (!defined('IS_ADMIN_FLAG')) {
       die('Illegal Access');
    @@ -29,9 +29,6 @@
           for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($messageToStack); $i<$n; $i++) {
             $this->add($messageToStack[$i]['class'], $messageToStack[$i]['text'], $messageToStack[$i]['type']);
           }
    -/*-bof-checkout1-lat9  *** 1 of 2 *** Move to output function to allow messages to survive after header redirects
    -      $_SESSION['messageToStack']= '';
    -  -eof-checkout1-lat9  *** 1 of 2 *** */
         }

}
    @@ -62,7 +59,7 @@

function add_session($class, $message, $type = 'error') {

-    if (!$_SESSION['messageToStack']) {
    +    if (empty($_SESSION['messageToStack'])) {
           $messageToStack = array();
         } else {
           $messageToStack = $_SESSION['messageToStack'];
    @@ -80,9 +77,7 @@
       function output($class) {
         global $template, $current_page_base;

-//-bof-checkout1-lat9  *** 2 of 2 *** Once the messages are output, it's safe to clear any session-based messages
         $_SESSION['messageToStack'] = '';
    -//-eof-checkout1-lat9  *** 2 of 2 ***

$output = array();
         for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($this->messages); $i<$n; $i++) {
    @@ -110,4 +105,3 @@
       }

}
    -?>
    Essentially only one line ($_SESSION['messageToStack']= '';) that is different, but it looks critical.
    Can you confirm whether I need to compare the zc156b files with the ones in Zen Cart 1.5.6c, or whether the files included in the 1.5.6c distribution make your zc156b files superfluous?
    Zen Cart 1.5.6c modified to support Japanese language (postage module support work in progress). Upgraded incrementally each version from initial 1.5.5d.

Plugin Contributions

Hi lat9,
    I investigated a bit further, comparing the files in your zc156b folder with files from the 1.5.6b distribution.
    Some of your files that showed differences with my 1.5.6c show no differences with 1.5.6b files, but others do.
    So I assume that those files that do show differences compared with the 1.5.6b distribution files, need to have those differences kept also in 1.5.6c.

Would be nice to have zc156c files just to be sure, but here are the zc156b files that have material (not just the header comment block) differences to 1.5.6b distribution files:
    1. one_page_checkout-master/zc156b/includes/classes/message_stack.php [1 line diff for 1.5.6c - for 1.5.6b same difference]
    2. one_page_checkout-master/zc156b/includes/modules/order_total/ot_coupon.php [3 line diff - for 1.5.6b same difference]
    3. one_page_checkout-master/zc156b/includes/modules/pages/download/header_php.php [1 line diff - for 1.5.6b same difference]

Below are list of zc156b files that have a difference compared with the 1.5.6c distribution files, but no difference when compared to the 1.5.6b distribution files:
    1. one_page_checkout-master/zc156b/includes/modules/downloads.php [essentially no diff - for 1.5.6b same difference]
    2. one_page_checkout-master/zc156b/includes/classes/observers/auto.downloads_via_redirect.php [1 line diff - for 1.5.6b identical (no diff)]
    3. one_page_checkout-master/zc156b/includes/functions/functions_taxes.php [many lines diff - for 1.5.6b identical (no diff)]
    4. one_page_checkout-master/zc156b/includes/modules/pages/login/header_php.php [essentially no difference - for 1.5.6b no material diff]

And here are the zc156b files that have no difference to either the 1.5.6b or the 1.5.6c distribution files:
    1. one_page_checkout-master/zc156b/includes/classes/observers/auto.downloads_via_aws.php [identical]
    2. one_page_checkout-master/zc156b/includes/classes/observers/auto.downloads_via_streaming.php [identical]
    3. one_page_checkout-master/zc156b/includes/classes/observers/auto.downloads_via_url.php [identical]
    4. one_page_checkout-master/zc156b/includes/templates/responsive_classic/templates/tpl_ajax_checkout_confirmation_default.php [idential]
    5. one_page_checkout-master/zc156b/includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_ajax_checkout_confirmation_default.php [identical]
    6. one_page_checkout-master/zc156b/includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_modules_downloads.php [identical]
    Last edited by gernot; 7 Mar 2020 at 06:06 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Hi lat9,
    Apart from the above questions on zc156b files, I think I have understood the install instructions pretty well, and will go ahead with testing on my test shop (without any of the zc156b files for now).
    At this stage, any additional changes needed for Japanese are likely to be of the following type:
    • Support for kana (syllabic characters to indicate how kanji characters should be pronounced) for names in address book and on corresponding pages.
    • Support for looking up countries and states in Japanese by index (multi-lingual support for countries and states). For this I used jscript functions on various pages.
    • Customization of tax display (since this is not multilingual in Zen Cart).
    • Any kind of email text customizations.
    • Support for textbox to enter age (over 20 needed), which is currently implemented in the normal checkout process (in addition, presumably the normal Zen Cart function to force customers to agree to Terms and Conditions with a checkbox will work).

I will check your test shop, and here is mine in case you want to see how the Japanese is working:
    https://www.proteawines.jp/testshop/
    Last edited by gernot; 7 Mar 2020 at 09:41 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Hi it's been a few months since I posted. My last situation was solved perfectly. I now have updated to the latest OPC version. I am currently getting that message...
    "Sorry, but out expedited checkout cannot be used." ----Which I don't want to use the 3 step checkout.

I did look up this message before but could not find any detailed fix instructions and it was for an older version of the plugin and zen cart.
    OPC 2.1.0 was working perfectly until I updated.
    Updated to OPC 2.30

I am currently using...
    Zen Cart V1.5.6c
    PhP 7.2.26
    Jquery 3.3.1
    download products mostly-- Test Purchase was Free Download checkout

Do I need to update the Jquery? Which is so beyond me. Any help and suggestions is appreciated. Hope I have provided enough information if not I look forward to your questions to get you the correct information.
    Kind Regards,
    Gail
    www.goodiesbygail.com