Page 53 of 280 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: One-Page Checkout [Support Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by EZorb View Post
    I working on 155e and tested using MasterCard I noticed my "Confirm Order" button changes to a "Review" button and adds another page into 1 page checkout. Is there anyway to be able to just submit order? Other than that so far is better than great!

Name:  Review button-Capture.JPG
Views: 223
Size:  49.2 KB

What is there to review that is not already on Checkout page?
    By not changing "by Clicking the Submit Order Button and you agree to our........... and Upon order-submittal.........." and not giving notice you will review order Next before submitting the order... makes this a little confusing and adds an extra page in checkout process.
    Why can't this be an option for shop owner? I would rather just have the Submit Order button or have a statement that reads "by clicking Submit Order button you agree you have Reviewed the order for correct content & agree to our Shipping and Return policies!
    How can this be bypassed?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by EZorb View Post
    I working on 155e and tested using MasterCard I noticed my "Confirm Order" button changes to a "Review" button and adds another page into 1 page checkout. Is there anyway to be able to just submit order? Other than that so far is better than great!
    Quote Originally Posted by frank18 View Post
    That *extra* page only appears if you are collecting CC details on your site or your provider specifies that the user (customer) has to actually review and confirm their order. It does not appear if you are using a third party site like PayPal to get your payments.
    Frank18 is right. EZorb, what payment module are you using to accept mastercard?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Frank18 is right. EZorb, what payment module are you using to accept mastercard?
    Hey, DrByte, since you're "listening" ...

I was thinking that the reason that authorizenet_aim and paypaldp (and other "collects credit card data onsite" payment methods) added that setting was a stop-gap from including the credit-card information on the transition from checkout_payment to checkout_confirmation.

Given that OPC has already combined those pages together, would it be appropriate for the OPC processing to ignore that setting ... giving a true one-page checkout to customers using those payment methods?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Hey, DrByte, since you're "listening" ...

I was thinking that the reason that authorizenet_aim and paypaldp (and other "collects credit card data onsite" payment methods) added that setting was a stop-gap from including the credit-card information on the transition from checkout_payment to checkout_confirmation.

Given that OPC has already combined those pages together, would it be appropriate for the OPC processing to ignore that setting ... giving a true one-page checkout to customers using those payment methods?
    Yes. If there is no intermediate page displayed before the submit-button's action actually triggers the call to the gateway, then avoiding the use of tpl_ajax_checkout_confirmation is preferable. The ->collectsCardDataOnsite property which triggers the use of ajax to display tpl_ajax_checkout_confirmation can be leveraged here if needed.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I was not disagreaing with Frank, I knew that and that is what I don't like adding in that extra page on CC. That is taking a perfect 1 page checkout and turning it into 1 1/2 pages.

Plugin Contributions

No need to fix it if it ain't broken (meaning dump that extra page) Keep the true 1 page checkout.

Plugin Contributions

EZorb
    Everyone's on pins and needles waiting for you to tell us what payment module you are using that causes this "symptom."
    Can you please enlighten us?

Plugin Contributions

It is not the payment mod we are discussing OPC. As Frank said using PayPal or Check/Money Order you have actually 1 page checkout but if you select CreditCards then your Submit Button (Confirm Order) will flip to a "Review Order" (or may say Continue Checkout) when click will display another page for Review and you Submit Order button at bottom.

What didn't make any scense was the inlormation on the Review page was the same information that is on the Checkout page. As I now understand it seemed to be some requirement from a processor that may have miss read the main purpose of the review. Hopefully Lat9 has discovered the real purpose and by the design of OPC that review page may not be needed and could make security worse due to extra Ajax code needed. So I am hoping it will go away.
    Last edited by EZorb; 1 Aug 2017 at 03:54 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Anybody else want to try for an answer?

Maybe you'll answer this one. What's EZorb Checkout? Renamed ceon manual card mod? If so, that's exactly why you are getting the "extra" page. As others have pointed out, when you collect the data on your site, it WILL cause the review to make sure the data was entered correctly.

Your site (don't know if it's the current) says Authorize.Net Credit Card Processing. If this is true, are you using SIM, AIM, echeck in any combination or just one of the three?
    You might just possibly help someone (or yourself) by letting us know the answers to some questions.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Evidently, to EZorb, the payment module is a top-secret piece of information.