Page 58 of 281 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108158 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: One-Page Checkout [Support Thread]

Larry, you make it sound like it's simple. It's not. OPC is trying to change a lot of other architecture that has specific business and security reasons for being the way it is.

Until a way is found to make OPC accommodate the way the AIM checkout is done, you'll have to temporarily live with the "popup"/review stage.
    Or use something other than AIM, such as Square, if it works in your country.

Lat9 is working hard to accommodate the complexities of exactly what you're asking for. The "true OPC experience" you mentioned IS INDEED her goal. But please tighten your patience hat until the technical glitches are sorted out.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Larry, you make it sound like it's simple. It's not. OPC is trying to change a lot of other architecture that has specific business and security reasons for being the way it is.

Until a way is found to make OPC accommodate the way the AIM checkout is done, you'll have to temporarily live with the "popup"/review stage.
    Or use something other than AIM, such as Square, if it works in your country.

Lat9 is working hard to accommodate the complexities of exactly what you're asking for. The "true OPC experience" you mentioned IS INDEED her goal. But please tighten your patience hat until the technical glitches are sorted out.
    I got the impression out here in West Texas OPC was going to be left the way it was because some goverment person sitting in an office thinks a review page is needed. Now that you have informed me on what is going on I can plan around the problem. I know the shopping cart checkout part is extremely complicated & complex due to so many different variables going on at same time plus the security issues. I did not mean to give the empression I was being pushey. I am very very impressed with lat9 OPC, works better than any other so called opc that I have seen absolutely brilliant.

Seems like I am breaking all of her mods EMC. hope she does not get mad at me.

Thanks for letting me know whats is going on.

Larry

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by EZorb View Post
    ... Seems like I am breaking all of her mods EMC. hope she does not get mad at me. ...
    No getting mad here! I appreciate the heads-up when stuff "doesn't work".

I've made a modification to the default language text for the "email confirmation sent to" line, making it more generic:
    Code:
    A confirmation of this order will be emailed to <b>%s</b>.
    where the %s value contains the associated email address.

I've also got 1.4.0-beta2 available on my website if anyone wants to see/test what's coming. That version includes the above language-text change as well as removing the requirement that payment-methods that "collect-card-data-onsite" must go through the review page. Those payment methods are now treated like any other payment method; if you want a confirmation page, you'll need to add the payment-method 'names' to the OPC's "Requires Confirmation" list.

I'll be poking around a bit more, having validated with authorize.net/AIM, BrainTree, PayPal Express Checkout and Square ... and all looks good so far.

Plugin Contributions

I must be blind can't find 1.4.0-beta2 on your website.

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    No getting mad here! I appreciate the heads-up when stuff "doesn't work".

I've made a modification to the default language text for the "email confirmation sent to" line, making it more generic:
    Code:
    A confirmation of this order will be emailed to <b>%s</b>.
    where the %s value contains the associated email address.

I've also got 1.4.0-beta2 available on my website if anyone wants to see/test what's coming. That version includes the above language-text change as well as removing the requirement that payment-methods that "collect-card-data-onsite" must go through the review page. Those payment methods are now treated like any other payment method; if you want a confirmation page, you'll need to add the payment-method 'names' to the OPC's "Requires Confirmation" list.

I'll be poking around a bit more, having validated with authorize.net/AIM, BrainTree, PayPal Express Checkout and Square ... and all looks good so far.

Plugin Contributions

That's because I finger-checked; it's on the plugin's GitHub repository. Just click that Clone/Download button to download the current (1.4.0-beta2) zip-file.

Plugin Contributions

Installed, checked, and it works perfectly using Amex CC.

Absoulty best OPC on any shopping cart around.
    Thank you so much,
    Larry

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by EZorb View Post
    Installed, checked, and it works perfectly using Amex CC.

Absoulty best OPC on any shopping cart around.
    Thank you so much,
    Larry
    Larry, thanks for the validation and the kind words.

Plugin Contributions

I've just submitted v1.4.0 of One-Page Checkout to the Zen Cart Plugins for review; I'll post back here when it's available for download there.

This release provides the updates for the following GitHub issues:

#95: Add troubleshooting section to the readme, pointing users to potential jQuery issues' detection.
    #96: Allow payment methods that "Collect credit-card data on-site" to be one-page, too.
    #97: Correct missing </span> in T's and C's language file.
    #98: Correct invalid name= attribute on CSS button <span>.
    #99: Change order-email-to text to reduce potential customer confusion.

Plugin Contributions

1.4.0 working great with the new Square update.

Did want to mention a couple of really minor adjustments we made. Neither of these is a correction of the operation of the mod as it is fine. Both are cosmetic changes that seem to work in one customer's situatiion.

We had Enable Shipping=Billing in Admin >> Configuration >> One-Page Checkout Settings set to true on one site as over 85% of the orders went to the billing address. When a shopper missed the opportunity to un-check the Shipping Address, Same as Billing?, we made an adjustment to two files.

We thought the check box and text would be more conspicuous by reversing their order and changing the font size/color.

First to font size/color, we added a line at the end of includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/checkout_one.css
    Code:
    #checkoutOneShippingFlag {font-size:1.25em;margin-left:0px;color:#8b0000;color:rgba(139,0,0,0.9);}
    The font size gives it a little more visibility without doing a wrap when viewed on most cellphones. The zero pixel left margin removes the inherited 20px margin and can be adjusted to accommodate any cellphone in portrait. This puts all the control code in the checkout_one.css and eliminates having to split out the stylesheet.css to accomplish the same effect. The color is the same as this particular website's warning texts and would need to be adjusted to fit a particular site's theme.

Lastly, we took lines 79-81 of includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_checkout_one_default.php and changed it from
    Code:
        <div id="checkoutOneShippingFlag" style="display: none;"><?php echo  zen_draw_checkbox_field ('shipping_billing', '1', $shipping_billing, 'id="shipping_billing"');?>      <label class="checkboxLabel" for="shipping_billing"><?php echo TEXT_USE_BILLING_FOR_SHIPPING; ?></label>
        </div>
    to
    Code:
        <div id="checkoutOneShippingFlag" style="display: none;">
          <label class="checkboxLabel" for="shipping_billing"><?php echo TEXT_USE_BILLING_FOR_SHIPPING; ?></label><?php echo  zen_draw_checkbox_field ('shipping_billing', '1', $shipping_billing, 'id="shipping_billing"');?>
        </div>
    Adding to the checkout_one.css negates the display:none style hard-coded in the file.
    Of course, all this does is swap the check box with the text but; it puts the check box nearer the "action", makes the text a little more noticable, and puts the controls in the mod's css.

Attachment 17232
    Last edited by dbltoe; 15 Aug 2017 at 05:02 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    I've just submitted v1.4.0 of One-Page Checkout to the Zen Cart Plugins for review; I'll post back here when it's available for download there.

This release provides the updates for the following GitHub issues:

#95: Add troubleshooting section to the readme, pointing users to potential jQuery issues' detection.
    #96: Allow payment methods that "Collect credit-card data on-site" to be one-page, too.
    #97: Correct missing </span> in T's and C's language file.
    #98: Correct invalid name= attribute on CSS button <span>.
    #99: Change order-email-to text to reduce potential customer confusion.
    Now available for download from the Zen Cart plugins: https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2095