Page 93 of 279 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143193 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: One-Page Checkout [Support Thread]

Since OPC 2.0.0 and later have been found to work with ZipShip, are you receiving any debug files in the logs directory? If so, enter them here using the # sign above.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by royaldave View Post
    Hi

Have installed latest version of OPC and am having issues with zipship module. When you first arrive at the checkout page it correctly displays a delivery rate, however if you update the shipping address postcode it then incorrectly says 'The delivery/shipping fee cannot be determined at this time' .
    I just tried this (OPC 2.0.4, ZC 1.5.5f, ZipShip v2.0.1, responsive_classic template) without issue. I placed an item into my cart, clicked the "Checkout" button and then clicked "Guest Checkout" on the OPC-modified login screen.

Started out with guest zipcode as one value ("supported" by ZipShip); shipping cost properly displayed. Changed the guest zipcode to another one within the ZipShip configuration (but with a different price) and the shipping-cost was correctly updated upon pressing the "Save" button from the OPC's main screen.

Was the issue you found during "normal" checkout?

Note: I just tried "normal" checkout without issue.
    Last edited by lat9; 30 Jul 2018 at 12:47 PM. Reason: Added note

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    Since OPC 2.0.0 and later have been found to work with ZipShip, are you receiving any debug files in the logs directory? If so, enter them here using the # sign above.
    Sorry please ignore, realised it was my issues.

However, if anyone can help - as part of my zipship implementation I hardcode a list of cities into the checkout page as a select so that the user can't pick anything we don't deliver to. The zipcode is updated based on their selection. I could get this to work with earlier OPC but am struggling now that the billing and shipping are on the same page. I more or less have it working the way I want except that when I select a shipping city it keeps coming back with the 'Your City must contain a minimum of 2 characters.'

If someone could visit my test site and tell me what I'm doing wrong - tearing my hair out ...

http://61.245.139.145/zencart

Plugin Contributions

Let me ask another hopefully easier question.

As we only deliver locally I wish to hardcode the country in shipping address. I have modified tpl_modules_opc_address_block.php so that it outputs a hidden field instead of the country selection -

<input type="hidden" name="zone_country_id[ship]" id="country-ship" value="13" />

However this value is not getting passed through so I am getting the warning about needing to select a country. Can anyone suggest what I am missing?

Plugin Contributions

Let me ask another hopefully easier question.

As we only deliver locally I wish to hardcode the country in shipping address. I have modified tpl_modules_opc_address_block.php so that it outputs a hidden field instead of the country selection -

<input type="hidden" name="zone_country_id[ship]" id="country-ship" value="13" />

However this value is not getting passed through so I am getting the warning about needing to select a country. Can anyone suggest what I am missing?

That hidden input is most likely being "overwritten" by the base form's address-selection. Note also that the module you identified is used to create both the shipping and billing address, so the warning about needing to select a country might be associated with the zone_country_id[bill] value.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    That hidden input is most likely being "overwritten" by the base form's address-selection. Note also that the module you identified is used to create both the shipping and billing address, so the warning about needing to select a country might be associated with the zone_country_id[bill] value.
    Rather than make store-specific changes to the OPC's templates, you should define a "Zone" that includes only your ship-to country and restrict your shipping module(s) to be active for that defined zone.

Plugin Contributions

No, I put an if statement in there so that the billing input is left normal.

Plugin Contributions

Rather than make store-specific changes to the OPC's templates, you should define a "Zone" that includes only your ship-to country and restrict your shipping module(s) to be active for that defined zone.
    No, I put an if statement in there so that the billing input is left normal.
    Did you try the above suggestion that I made?

Plugin Contributions

Did you try the above suggestion that I made?
    No, must admit not sure how to do that. That said I am more interested in your prior comment -

That hidden input is most likely being "overwritten" by the base form's address-selection

To this person who is pretty rubbish at forms, what does this mean, and where would I look to correct this ?

Plugin Contributions

No, must admit not sure how to do that. That said I am more interested in your prior comment -

That hidden input is most likely being "overwritten" by the base form's address-selection

To this person who is pretty rubbish at forms, what does this mean, and where would I look to correct this ?
    You need to "View Source" when the checkout_one page is presented (that's Ctrl+U on FireFox) to see if there are multiple inputs named zone_country_id[ship].

Setting up an AU Zone for shipping is fairly simple (although multi-step):

Localizations->Zone Definitions, click Insert. Zone Name: AU Shipping Zone Description: Limit shipping to AU-only, press Enter.
    Now, click the Details button associated with that Zone Definition: Country: AU Zone: All Zones (some versions of Zen Cart show this as Please select), press Enter.

Now navigate to Modules->Shipping. Select each of your active shipping modules and set the Shipping Zone to AU Shipping. That will enable those shipping selections to be active only when the ship-to address is in Australia.