Plugin Contributions

Default M o z e n Template from ThemeForest - need lots of help

I purchased the m o z e n Template for Zen Cart from ThemeForest but the developer's support has been very slow and not very good. So i need help with some things. Hopefully someone can spot some obvious fixes.

The site is http://criticalsystemsincshop.com.

Here is a list of the problems:

1. i need to change the sizing of the slider from a 500px height to 350px. i'm horrible with JS so don't know how to do this
    2. Under 'Categories' in the left sidebar, if you click on 'new products' or 'all products', the page that comes up shows nothing - even the footer doesn't display.
    3. under the top naviagation 'Store', if you click on any of the 2 categories, no products come up, even though there are numerous products in those categories and you can get to them by clicking on the Categories in the left sidebar.

can anyone spot anything obvious for me?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: M o z e n Template from ThemeForest - need lots of help

There's little we can help you with as we do not have access to the javascript that's causing your problems. Sadly, you won't find Theme Forest of TM templates recommended anywhere in the forum.
    The w3c validator shows 81 errors and 75 warnings for your home page. Some of the errors appear to be a mixing of HEAD and BODY code.
    The problem between the categories and store listings is that the entries are incorrect in the javascript for the store menu. It's causing the & to be considered as data versus a delimiter.
    Apparently, the theme also has some flash elements which really can be a headache, not to mention that flash won't work on some operating systems.
    Some of the errors may go away with the fixing of the javascript as a LOT of the problems originate in the outdated code.
    You might try testing the template's javascript with http://codebeautify.org/jsvalidate Maybe fixing those will get you closer to reality.
    As to item 2, it may go away with a javascript fix. I would start with all the added javascript and work from there.

For some reason, your meta, link, and script files are loading twice.

IMHO, you can either make someone rich in order to fix this or start over with 155a and responsive_classic changed to what you want to see. I'd be demanding a refund from TF as well.

Plugin Contributions

1. I believe the sliders height is being controlled by the height of the largest image included, you have at least 1 image in the slider that is 490px in height.
    Mike
    GeekHost - Zen Cart Certified & PCI Compliant Hosting
    The Zen Cart Forum...Better than a monitor covered with post-it notes!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    There's little we can help you with as we do not have access to the javascript that's causing your problems. Sadly, you won't find Theme Forest of TM templates recommended anywhere in the forum.
    The w3c validator shows 81 errors and 75 warnings for your home page. Some of the errors appear to be a mixing of HEAD and BODY code.
    The problem between the categories and store listings is that the entries are incorrect in the javascript for the store menu. It's causing the & to be considered as data versus a delimiter.
    Apparently, the theme also has some flash elements which really can be a headache, not to mention that flash won't work on some operating systems.
    Some of the errors may go away with the fixing of the javascript as a LOT of the problems originate in the outdated code.
    You might try testing the template's javascript with http://codebeautify.org/jsvalidate Maybe fixing those will get you closer to reality.
    As to item 2, it may go away with a javascript fix. I would start with all the added javascript and work from there.

For some reason, your meta, link, and script files are loading twice.

IMHO, you can either make someone rich in order to fix this or start over with 155a and responsive_classic changed to what you want to see. I'd be demanding a refund from TF as well.
    thank you.. are the themes at templatemonster acceptable or are there preferred themes besides the basic free ones.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lidlchris View Post
    thank you.. are the themes at templatemonster acceptable or are there preferred themes besides the basic free ones.
    Template Monster...the clue is in the name ("monster") lol
    Have a look through these https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=cat&id=2
    You'll see that some of the popular designers also produce (equally) high quality commercial templates too.

Plugin Contributions

How did ########## end up working out for you? It looks like your site is using it.

I first set up Zen-Cart in July, 2013. I bought a theme from Template Monster. It had problems, need some work. I eventually got it working and looking great. However, if I try to upgrade to PHP 7 the theme files no longer work. It's a disaster. I'm looking at various options and thought about buying the ########## theme.

Quote Originally Posted by lidlchris View Post
    I purchased the m o z e n Template for Zen Cart from ThemeForest but the developer's support has been very slow and not very good. So i need help with some things. Hopefully someone can spot some obvious fixes.

The site is http://criticalsystemsincshop.com.

Here is a list of the problems:

1. i need to change the sizing of the slider from a 500px height to 350px. i'm horrible with JS so don't know how to do this
    2. Under 'Categories' in the left sidebar, if you click on 'new products' or 'all products', the page that comes up shows nothing - even the footer doesn't display.
    3. under the top naviagation 'Store', if you click on any of the 2 categories, no products come up, even though there are numerous products in those categories and you can get to them by clicking on the Categories in the left sidebar.

can anyone spot anything obvious for me?