Plugin Contributions

Default How do i find the 'about us' page

I have links in my template that look like this:

<li><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_PRIVACY); ?>">Privacy Policy</a></li>
    <li><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_PRIVACY); ?>">Refund policy</a></li>
    <li><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_SITE_MAP); ?>">Sitemap</a></li>

i'm trying to figure out how to add an 'About Us' link using similar coding to above. I tried:
    <li><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_ABOUT_US); ?>">About Us</a></li>

but get a page not found.. where are the 'FILENAME_XXXXXX' defined?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do i find the 'about us' page

Do you have the plugin (https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=86) installed? If it's installed properly, you'll see the folder /includes/modules/pages/about_us in your store's file-system.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Do you have the plugin (https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=86) installed? If it's installed properly, you'll see the folder /includes/modules/pages/about_us in your store's file-system.

i do not have that installed but there IS an about_us folder at /includes/modules/pages/about_us. it only includes a header_php.php file in it.. but what does that have to do with coding the link?

Plugin Contributions

Each Zen Cart "page" needs to have a folder in the /includes/modules/pages folder that carries its name.

If you also have a file named /includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates/tpl_about_us_default.php (either in the YOUR_TEMPLATE or template_default) folder, then it sounds like all you're missing is the filename definition (normally found in the /includes/extra_datafiles folder).

There "should" be a file named something like /incudes/extra_datafiles/about_us_filename.php; if it's not present, then create it with the following content:
    Code:
    define ('FILENAME_ABOUT_US', 'about_us');
    At that point, the code you posted in your original posting should magically start working.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Each Zen Cart "page" needs to have a folder in the /includes/modules/pages folder that carries its name.

If you also have a file named /includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates/tpl_about_us_default.php (either in the YOUR_TEMPLATE or template_default) folder, then it sounds like all you're missing is the filename definition (normally found in the /includes/extra_datafiles folder).

There "should" be a file named something like /incudes/extra_datafiles/about_us_filename.php; if it's not present, then create it with the following content:
    Code:
    define ('FILENAME_ABOUT_US', 'about_us');
    At that point, the code you posted in your original posting should magically start working.
    There is NO file called 'tpl_about_us_default.php' in either the template_default or my template folder. There IS a file called 'about_us_filename.php' in the '/incudes/extra_datafiles/' folder.

Why isn't there a default 'tpl_about_us_default.php' at least in the template_default folder? doesn't the latest version of zen come with one? can i create one?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lidlchris View Post
    There is NO file called 'tpl_about_us_default.php' in either the template_default or my template folder. There IS a file called 'about_us_filename.php' in the '/incudes/extra_datafiles/' folder.

Why isn't there a default 'tpl_about_us_default.php' at least in the template_default folder? doesn't the latest version of zen come with one? can i create one?
    The About Us page is a plugin (the download link is in post #2 of this thread), not built into Zen Cart. You can download that plugin and copy the tpl_about_us_default.php file (and possibly other missing files) to your store's file-system.

Plugin Contributions

I just noticed that I have About Me in my define page lineup. But I cant get it to appear on my site. Setting in Configuration is "1". Link on text on.