Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal In-context popup does not load content, then proceeds to full-page payment

Quote Originally Posted by stellarweb View Post
    Thanks for all your help on this Chad!!

Tested with Firefox, Chrome and Windows Edge - still a "no go" on https://www.tjsattic.com. Have tried from the shopping cart page as well as the login page.

I can see the coding in view source mode. I have other modules and google schema on this site... wonder if I should be testing on a "vanilla" cart?
    You've definitely got something going on, as when I navigate down to the product level I don't get the css and the images/additional images are all that are presented. I'll try the "buy now" buttons unless you have a different way to get to adding a product to the cart.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal In-context popup does not load content, then proceeds to full-page payment

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    If there is its a miracle that the code works on my test site without an error. There are 4 opening and 4 closing parentheses, and they are matched such that a close always closes an open one.

The assignment of $classPay is not as important as the function called to assign it. The variable could likely be unset at the end of the code or not assigned to begin with, but wanted to leave the maximum potential functionality without impacting existing code by otherwise reusing a variable (though somewhat too late in using $paypalwpp_module variable.
    Oops! That "missing" closing paren snuck in as the very last (undisplayed) line of the code.

It's still unclear to me what the instantiation of the paypalwpp payment-class is adding to the mix.

Plugin Contributions

You've definitely got something going on, as when I navigate down to the product level I don't get the css and the images/additional images are all that are presented. I'll try the "buy now" buttons unless you have a different way to get to adding a product to the cart.
    Found that by selecting buy now (although I may want to shop for other things before final purchase) adds the product to the cart. Confirmed that selecting the PayPal express option did not open a new window, but instead redirected from the existing one. Did see the code in the source view. But, found that using an html validator that there are several errors on both the shopping_cart and login pages. Not sure (limited resources at the moment) of the effect of those errors. Seems a lot of odd quote issues and separation from another location. Could have an effect.

A clean install tends to be the best for figuring out an issue as if it works in the base install and not in some other "current" install then there is obviously a difference of importance. :) that's where the tough part comes.

Plugin Contributions

From the shopping-cart page, when I click the "Checkout with PayPal" button, there's the following javascript error reported in the console:
    Code:
    ReferenceError: paypal is not defined
    paypal.checkout.setup('PAYPALCODE', {

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Oops! That "missing" closing paren snuck in as the very last (undisplayed) line of the code.

It's still unclear to me what the instantiation of the paypalwpp payment-class is adding to the mix.
    Well, as currently implemented in ZC technically nothing as the locale option was disabled in the paypalwpp function process_button, I left it disabled in the above code, but what it does is instantiate $paypalwpp to be of the class payment so that the built in ZC code to provide the getLanguageCode('incontext') response without repeating that code in the event it changes (PayPal modifies areas of concern and ZC follows).

Plugin Contributions

Ok Chad - I will set up a "vanilla" cart with no modifications to it and test it later today after I have woken up a little bit more!

Found that by selecting buy now (although I may want to shop for other things before final purchase) adds the product to the cart. Confirmed that selecting the PayPal express option did not open a new window, but instead redirected from the existing one. Did see the code in the source view. But, found that using an html validator that there are several errors on both the shopping_cart and login pages. Not sure (limited resources at the moment) of the effect of those errors. Seems a lot of odd quote issues and separation from another location. Could have an effect.

A clean install tends to be the best for figuring out an issue as if it works in the base install and not in some other "current" install then there is obviously a difference of importance. :) that's where the tough part comes.

Plugin Contributions

Cindy - that is definitely in the code of the jscript file on line 9
    PHP Code:
    paypal.checkout.setup('<?php echo MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALWPP_MERCHANTID?>', {
    I also noticed that when it goes to a new window, it says I can't log in with my own merchant account - but I am not logged into my merchant account at PayPal... so don't know what that's all about! lol

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    From the shopping-cart page, when I click the "Checkout with PayPal" button, there's the following javascript error reported in the console:
    Code:
    ReferenceError: paypal is not defined
    paypal.checkout.setup('PAYPALCODE', {

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stellarweb View Post
    Ok Chad - I will set up a "vanilla" cart with no modifications to it and test it later today after I have woken up a little bit more!
    Notice that jquery is loaded after the above script instead of before it. That can wreak havoc on things as well...

Plugin Contributions

OK - that is above my pay grade! How do I change that? I am using CSS/JS loader to minimize the files - don't know if that has anything to do with it or not.

Notice that jquery is loaded after the above script instead of before it. That can wreak havoc on things as well...

Plugin Contributions

Correction, one of three versions of jQuery is loaded after the paypal script. Initially, version 1.7.1 (or whatever content is in the file with that version name in the template, then later if jQuery is not already loaded, version 1.10.2 is loaded (which should not be loaded because of the previous load), and then finally *after* the applicable includes/modules/pages/PAGE_NAME/jscript_ file(s) are loaded then version 1.12.0.min.js is loaded as provided in the template directory (but it is loaded after the occurrence of any other javascript/jquery action(s) and can basically cancel out the previous actions as has been found on the admin side with the way that jquery was implemented there in ZC 1.5.5.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast